Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2018, 03:04 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Attacking his college admission success or lack of same isn't political, it's purely personal.

Well, I see Laura Ingram has backed off. She's a master of casual cruelty. Good to see she finally got her comeuppance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
did you ever stop to think that taking away someone's LIFE would make people angry?

no, of course you didn't.
They DGAF about dead high school kids. BY GOD - they will not be inconvenienced by background checks and such!

12,956 posts, read 9,601,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
God, but you people get less smart the more worked up you are. Nobody is "demonizing your right to free speech". Ingraham decided to get at Hogg not on his viewpoints, but on his grades and university acceptance prospects. That's low, and there'll be a backlash.
Absolutely or she wouldn't have apologize.

9,546 posts, read 7,038,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I didn't say calling someone whiny is an attack. There goes your "Gotcha."

Reading is fundamental. Gotcha.
"Gotcha" as in "Ok, I understand you" not "gotcha as in "I caught you out".

Others have said repeatedly that she attacked Hogg.

And you question MY reading skills?

8,090 posts, read 6,927,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nah, just showing how stupid he is and being used as a pawn by the left.....what's sad is the left/liberals cannot see that.
It’s sad that conservatives can’t believe that a kid who saw his friends massacred, might be acting in his own agency to prevent further massacres. He has to be a pawn, for you people.

Again, I can never tell which talking points you actually believe or just parroting back. It’s shameful.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:05 PM

37,047 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
I assume then that you are opposed to all the hateful things said about Barron Trump?
Absolutely. Barron can't help it that he has a scumbag for a father. I wasn't thrilled about Limbaugh and the picture of a dog he held up on his TV show to attack Chelsea, either. Attacking children is uncalled for.

Old 03-29-2018, 03:06 PM

45,113 posts, read 60,214,676 times
According to the admission sites from the schools which declined to admit him he did not meet the minimum SAT score with his 1270 at UCLA or was not that much above the minimum and was below the average for the admissions class at two of the others:

http://admission.universityofcalifor...shman-profile/

He did meet the cut off for UCSD

Freshman admission profile | UC Admissions

as he did for UCSB

Freshman admission profile | UC Admissions

He did hit the cutoff for UC Irvine.

http://admission.universityofcalifor...shman-profile/

As I said earlier, he should have kept quiet and only publicized where he was admitted (Cal State San Marcos, Cal Poly and Florida Atlantic).

Old 03-29-2018, 03:07 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,601,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Hogg himself made them public fodder. Had he not publicly whined about it, no one would know. No one but himself to blame.
So, y'all grown adults around here put yourself on the same level as a 17 old kid?

Old 03-29-2018, 03:07 PM

37,047 posts, read 19,035,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Whining is fine, if not annoying. Publicly bullying and maligning millions of law-abiding gun owners is not.
You're feeling bullied? The Kids really are doing an effective number, aren't they?

Old 03-29-2018, 03:08 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,608,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Here's one story. I knew this narcissist was headed for a fall. He is used to fawning adulation.
Parkland Student-Activist David Hogg Targets Laura Ingraham's Advertisers For Boycott
Did you notice the update within your link?

“ Laura Ingraham issued a public apology to Hogg after Nutrish and Trip Advisor announced they were pulling their ads from her Fox New show”.

Expedia, Wayfair and Nestle also killed their sponsorship.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/trip...-activist.html

What the hello is a 53 year old doing tweeting about the kid’s 4.1 GPA ?

Old 03-29-2018, 03:08 PM

46,217 posts, read 26,974,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
It’s sad that conservatives can’t believe that a kid who saw his friends massacred, might be acting in his own agency to prevent further massacres. He has to be a pawn, for you people.

Again, I can never tell which talking points you actually believe or just parroting back. It’s shameful.
He is a pawn.....again, sad you cannot see it, just like the "march" with the kids....turns out it did happen, but how many were kids marching.....

Yes, like talking points...that's fed to him....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies