Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2018, 06:49 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If he had stopped at that, off limits. BUT he injected his college rejections into the issue when he whined about being rejected even though he's "changing the world." He thrust his numerous college rejections into the public arena when he lamented that he should get special consideration because he, in his own words, is "changing the world."
Is that not normal behavior for an 18 YO who is taking the next step in his life ?

Is this normal behavior for a Fox Political Pundit ?

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-lau...ge-rejections/

I guess we now know who American Corporates believe was in the wrong:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/29/b...avid-hogg.html

Old 03-30-2018, 06:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Looks like I triggered a social justice warrior. I guess that link won't get you fully satisfied.
'March For Our Lives' Now Operating Under Dark Money Nonprofit Advocacy Group[/url]
Ohhhhhh......"Dark Money" - you mean the money that has financed the GOP for decades????

I am fully satisfied that citizens united and other RIGHT WING efforts have made Dark Money fully legal. No longer do orgs need to disclose their donors. Thousands of astro-turf groups can spring up (remember the Tea Party) which have large paid staffs..and deny climate change or take over government.

Republicans being the hypocrites that they are, watch as they start complaining about "Dark Money" the instant they are outspent. It was GREAT for them when they thought most of the money was headed their way - but, all of a sudden, they now think it is bad, bad bad.

I wonder why?

https://www.npr.org/2016/01/19/46355...litical-agenda

"Steve Inskeep talks to author Jane Mayer about her new book Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right."

"in more recent years the Kochs have put together something that's called Freedom Partners. You can't see who belongs to it. But it has a wing that gives directly to candidates. They've given tens of millions of dollars over the years to campaigns. And what they've said is, in the coming 2016 election cycle, of the $889 million that they hope their group will raise, they hope to spend about $300 million of that directly on elections."

Ha Ha, you guys are funny...Do as you say, not as you Do, right? Right.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:53 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Oh yeah...she's a really a Godly person...lol...Jesus would be proud to have her as one of his flock.
She is no different than any other of the Far right 'christian' Isis members. They highjacked Christianity just like Isis highjacked Islam.

Gosh what would Jesus do? He's be with the down trodden, feeding the homeless, comforting the sick. Not listening to Faux news and fighting for gun rights. Demanding you keep you AR15's? I think not.

You 'Christans' are a bunch of phonies. How do you sleep at night? Next to your metal locked and loaded pacifier?

We do have a mental health problem in this country. If you can't stand the thought of not having acccess to a gun, you need mental health.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:54 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
The gun rights activists downright disgust me with the tweets against David Hoggs and Emma Gonzalez. It is disgusting not just that they attack young people but rather the how they attack them. Ingraham attacked Hoggs over being rejected by colleges meanwhile we have a lot of kids going into college. Emma was attacked for wearing a "military jacket" with the Cuban flag on it, despite the fact she is Cuban.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:54 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Ohhhhhh......"Dark Money" - you mean the money that has financed the GOP for decades????

I am fully satisfied that citizens united and other RIGHT WING efforts have made Dark Money fully legal. No longer do orgs need to disclose their donors. Thousands of astro-turf groups can spring up (remember the Tea Party) which have large paid staffs..and deny climate change or take over government.
I'm not surprised if they financed both sides, you know the old saying divide to conquer.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:01 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Is that not normal behavior for an 18 YO who is taking the next step in his life ?

Is this normal behavior for a Fox Political Pundit ?
As soon as I heard him whining about the rejection from his choice schools I thought to myself "be careful kid lest anyone think you are doing this solely because you think it will look good on your record".

I'm not saying that that is what he is doing but any person with half a brain should now be questioning his motivations.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:06 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
No. They don't whine about how colleges should accept them despite their subpar academic credentials because they're supposedly "changing the world."

Old 03-30-2018, 07:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
You sure enjoy ridiculing a teenager. Does he make you uncomfortable?
If you are going to jump right into the public sphere with both feet, and not expect any ridicule, just shows the immaturity level of the one making the big leap.

Grow some balls, before leaping into the cesspool, with lies and deception.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:11 AM

89,009 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The gun rights activists downright disgust me with the tweets against David Hoggs and Emma Gonzalez.
My particular beef with Emma Gonzales is that she glorified a country that actively executed LGBTs by wearing the Cuban Flag on her "military" jacket in the public spotlight at the "march."

NO ONE should be executed just because of who they are. It's absolutely sick beyond belief to endorse a belief otherwise.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:15 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,399,488 times
I am not going to bother reading this entire thread, a quick scan was enough punishment, other than to state that's once again we have so-called adults acting like juveniles..no not juveniles - that is to generous - more like delinquents and bullies.

Adults beating up a teenager, how low can you go.

To these "adults" I say grow the hell up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies