Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2018, 08:23 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,387,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How many teens, do you know of, lay in the blood of their fallen classmates while a psychopath continued to fire off an AR-15? When you have a similar experience, you can judge how a teen would react. Until then, I don't think you have a right to judge.
He hid in a closet according to news reportx

Old 04-03-2018, 08:26 PM

37,186 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
hogg, did not whine about it? Then why did he say it?

So, when hogg turns 18, does all this stuff he says automatically go away? OR will yo hold him responsible for what he says?
We're hoping he'll still be talking. He can run for the Florida House when he turns 21.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:30 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
How many teens, do you know of, lay in the blood of their fallen classmates while a psychopath continued to fire off an AR-15? When you have a similar experience, you can judge how a teen would react. Until then, I don't think you have a right to judge.
Someone should ask Hogg that if he had a gun, would he have tried to stop the shooter?

Old 04-03-2018, 08:55 PM

23,491 posts, read 12,496,511 times
It seems that his time in the spotlight has drawn to a close.(and so has this thread)

He did accomplish a few good things ..
Better security in his school, even though it's not appreciated.
Hopefully other schools will follow by putting in better security.
Hogg and a select few were offered a sweet deal from NM State.
David Hogg Accepted at New Mexico State University | TMZ.com

It's a pity he and the others didn't bother speaking to legislators while they were in DC. I don't know why they didn't. It's not like they didn't have people to set that up for them. (I guess maybe because they didn't have a plan, and slogans really don't go anywhere)

Has anyone heard if Parkland or other schools have dropped that seriously flawed school leniency policy of obama's? Let's hope that any schools that are using it will drop it like a steaming hot pile of crap. Did people not even bother to realize that policy would lead to something like the shooting? Did they jump on board simply because it came from obama?

Good luck to the survivors. I hope your future turns out the way you want it to.

Old 04-03-2018, 11:33 PM

23,491 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
A childish tweet from an adult (Laura Ingraham).

You cherry picked away from the real childish and catty part of Ingraham's tweet:
The only ones doing the cherry picking is on the left. .

Meanwhile, regarding another 'kid', who is a survivor from the very same school..

CNN's own Joan Walsh had said of that child survivor, and others, all who had dared post on her twitter - "Wow my mentions are now a sewer of NRA trolls and MAGA bots.". And, "Good luck handling your stress"

A person who works for a right leaning media source says "whine" in a tweet .. the left is like 'hang her and burn her'

A person who works for a left leaning media source says NRA trolls from a sewer and MAGA bots, good luck handling your stress, in a tweet .. the left is like 'I hear nothing, nope, nada. She's okay, she's right. Even though I'm paying close attention to what's going on, I'll just pretend I never heard about this, yeah, that'll work"

The left, and their media, is disgusting.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/cnns...g-your-stress/

Old 04-04-2018, 04:36 AM

46,274 posts, read 27,078,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
You guys are terrified. Of a high school kid and his classmates. Indignation would not keep David Hogg on top of the news cycles for days on end. If he had not defended himself, the whole thing would have passed without notice. The fact that he did and was successful is giving a lot of RW talking heads the willies.

They don't make Keyboard Kommandos like they used to.
Terrified?

Nope, to bad you and your buddies cannot see the left is using him like a puppet. I'm a kid, child, teen, or man (depending on which lefty is supporting him) so therefore I can say whatever I want....so sad...

Again, when he turns 18....then what? Will all those supporting him and when he continues to talk like he does, will you then turn on him? Really no need to answer, he's the anti-gun/lefty messiah right now and will continue to be....

Old 04-04-2018, 04:38 AM

46,274 posts, read 27,078,580 times
[quote=jojajn;51511080]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

FYI: In the past tense, “lay” becomes “laid” (Last week I laid down the law and told her it was inappropriate for her to pick her nose) and “lie” becomes “lay” (Yesterday she lay down for a nap that afternoon and picked her nose anyway). Yes, “lay” is also the past tense of “lie.” And the confusion doesn’t end there. Lay vs. Lie (vs. Laid) - Grammar Rules

Once you understand the correct tense for lie, we can move on to answer your question. Many students were shot and bleeding on the floor. While a shooter is shooting, would you stay up or "lie" down and pretend you are dead?

You cannot judge unless you went through what those students did.

We know what you said....it's right there....no need to back track....

Old 04-04-2018, 06:43 AM

37,186 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
[tarnished]image and [lost]dollars. easier to boot her to the curb. it's not that hard to understand.
Maybe she'll get a real job she can actually do correctly next time.

Old 04-04-2018, 06:58 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Spotted a story on Yahoo about Camera Hogg calling for a boycott of Laura Ingraham's advertisers because she called him names.
Anyone who disagrees with this guy is treated like the devil. He's like a born again Christian fundamentalist , raging against homosexuality.

Old 04-04-2018, 08:29 AM

5,276 posts, read 6,208,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Anyone who disagrees with this guy is treated like the devil. He's like a born again Christian fundamentalist , raging against homosexuality.
There are plenty of people who disagree with the kid. I would guess at least 30% of the country and seemingly 70% of posters I see on CD and social media. The only ones who have problems are the ones who say stupid things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies