Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 10:41 AM

21,139 posts, read 19,714,475 times

Advertisements

Apparently not...well at least not if they are a Republican:

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...erk/463472002/

I have a feeling if the tables were turned and Republican were forcing out a homeless Democrat it would be nationwide coverage and every liberal organization would be protesting this.

And don’t get me wrong. I didn’t vote for this Republican even though I am one. I voted for the Democrat. I knew this woman was bat$h!t crazy. I would have no objection if she could be removed from office by other means. I just find it ironic since Democrats claim to be so compassionate toward the homeless and undocumented while accusing Republicans of the opposite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2018, 11:25 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
The homeless are generally not a good bet when it comes to life-choices and judgement. Someone with mental illness and low self esteem isn't who I want making decisions that affect me.
But then I don't live in California.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:27 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
She was fired for lying.

Read the whole thing and watch a video. I get the impression she is a bit less than stable.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:43 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
A judge ousted Karen Spranger from office Tuesday, ruling she was not legally elected as the Macomb County clerk/register of deeds because she lied about her residency in her election filings.

"Because she did not reside in Macomb County, Spranger was not a qualified elector of Macomb County. ... By law, if Spranger was not eligible to run for county clerk, she has no right to currently hold that office," St. Clair County Circuit Judge Daniel Kelly wrote in his 17-page order.
She was not removed for being homeless; she was removed for lying and not being a resident of the county.

The article also describes a woman who is obviously unfit for the office she held.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:44 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
She was fired for lying.
And for not being able to prove legal residence required for eligibility to hold office.

But hey, if you can create a thread with a false subject to attack liberals, why not, right?

Old 03-29-2018, 11:48 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
And for not being able to prove legal residence required for eligibility to hold office.

But hey, if you can create a thread with a false subject to attack liberals, why not, right?
That's exactly what I initially thought as well. Also who's going to actually vote for a homeless person into a position of leadership? Obviously this person lacks many qualities, qualifications, and skills since they can't even keep themselves from being homeless.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:23 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
That's exactly what I initially thought as well. Also who's going to actually vote for a homeless person into a position of leadership? Obviously this person lacks many qualities, qualifications, and skills since they can't even keep themselves from being homeless.
The article doesn't even say she's homeless, just that the house where she claimed residence

Quote:
had no utilities and was uninhabitable, filled with "wall-to-wall garbage, feces and animals," court records show.
and it further explained that using the public assistance card she had been issued, she shopped at stores in a different county, not at the ones that were closer to the residence she claimed in that uninhabitable house.

Quote:
The county also cited Spranger's Bridge card expenses, arguing she only shopped for groceries in Wayne County using her Bridge card, even though the same stores were located closer to the Warren home she claimed to live in.
Basically, she seemingly committed fraud, and this has zero to do with being homeless.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:28 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
The left only use the downtrodden, not actually care.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:33 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times
I remember some bit of a crazy guy won the Dem primary for NC or some state, and had grand ideas for solving issues, like the budget, by "selling action figures of himself." The Dem response was though kind of muted, but it was just "vote for the party", lol.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:38 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The left only use the downtrodden, not actually care.
Blah blah blah.

So the right are all for homeless people who are mentally ill being in office?

Well that helps explain Trump some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies