Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 05:22 AM

51,618 posts, read 25,681,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

I'm posting as I read through the thread. My previous post was a response to a post made before your post above and, as such, my previous post honestly was composed before reading your post above .
Trump riding in a golf cart ride while all the other G7 leaders walked was pretty memorable.

They all strolled on ahead, while he waited for a golf cart ride.

As I recall, May/UK was even in heels.

He seems to have enough stamina to make it through these rambling rally speeches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
He also talked about building a "see through wall." I'm pretty sure he is talking about adding on to the existing border wall that already runs along the length of the California border with Mexico, and into parts of Arizona.

In other words, he is talking about filling in the gaps of the existing wall/fence built by Bill Clinton in the 1990s and added on to by George Bush as if this is "his" wall that he talked about during the campaign.

This is NOT the wall he was been talking about. None of the prototypes he had built here in San Diego are "see through." But he is going to spin it as if it is "his wall" for those who have no idea that Bill Clinton and George Bush already built much of it.

Just to be clear: I have no problems with extending the existing fence. I have been saying all along that doing so is a smarter and most cost effective plan than building an entirely new wall. As someone who lives within walking distance of that fence, I know that when the fence was built in the 1990s, it reduced foot traffic through my property.

But, if the President starts claiming credit for building the hundreds of miles of "see through wall" that already existed before he took office, I will call him out on it.

Because that will be a lie.
I wondered what the see-through fence business was about. This is not the first time he's mentioned it.

But then, so much of what Trump rambles on about is outright BS, I didn't pay much attention. I will now.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
That sounds like the computer "Hal", in "2001", when he had 2/3 of his modules unplugged.
Word salad. Just a jumble of random phrases.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:47 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,602,968 times
I can’t listen to the Liar in Chief. I hate this obnoxious man. I don’t think this is a President anyone with a brain can admire. What message does this send to our children? Who wants their kids watching him either?

Old 03-30-2018, 08:10 AM

4,016 posts, read 2,694,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
He faced the highest degree if anyone ever faced by an election winner.
Abraham Lincoln, who had states actually secede from the Union because of his election, would like to disagree with your assessment.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:47 AM

2,649 posts, read 1,838,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
I can’t listen to the Liar in Chief. I hate this obnoxious man. I don’t think this is a President anyone with a brain can admire. What message does this send to our children? Who wants their kids watching him either?
Trump was never Presidential material. There has to be a reason this character in chief is here at this time in history. Maybe, it is meant as a reminder, to guard our precious right to vote. To not hide our heads in the sand and nominate outstanding people for our commander in chief.

I think I have aged at least 10 years, since this dude has occupied the oval office. Next, he will probably kick out Pence and put Roseanne in place.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:51 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I feel sorry for his supporters. It must be frustrating trying to defend all the nonsense he spews out.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:51 AM

10,649 posts, read 4,280,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Having met Trump when we were young, No, I am envious of him. My SIL passed from Dementia 6 months ago. He is sounding more and more like she was. Cannot let go of situations in the past.
That's nothing new, he's always done that.
A lot of people do the same, hang on to the past or hold a grudge etc.
Its extremely common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But Trump having his own own face Photoshopped onto fake Time Magazine covers with bogus titles is admirable? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
There is nothing wrong with doing artwork etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
None of the prototypes he had built here in San Diego are "see through."
http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...totypes-2018-3
Quote:
When Trump tours San Diego to view the border wall prototypes, he will be presented with four solid options and four that provide some window into the other side. However, just two of the options appear to offer a clear view of the opposite side. Trump previously said, on multiple occassions, that the wall must be "see-through."

"If I'm standing here, I want to be able to see 200 yards out," he added. "I want to be able to see, I don't want to have a piece of concrete that I can't see."

If the wall was not see-through, Trump said people would "have no idea who's on the other side."

"Does this make sense or am I just wasting my time?" Trump asked, to which then-White House communications director Hope Hicks interjected, saying the see-through version of the wall is "what you've always talked" about and is "consistent with what you've always said."

The comments echoed remarks Trump made to reporters aboard Air Force One in July, suggesting that the border wall needed to be transparent so that people on the US side wouldn't get hit by massive sacks of drugs tossed over it.

"One of the things with the wall is you need transparency," Trump said. "You have to be able to see through it. In other words, if you can't see through that wall — so it could be a steel wall with openings, but you have to have openings because you have to see what's on the other side of the wall.

Last edited by MAGAalot; 03-30-2018 at 09:06 AM..

Old 03-30-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
That's nothing new, he's always done that.
A lot of people do the same, hang on to the past or hold a grudge etc.
Its extremely common.
Though diminishing mental capacity is extremely common, Trump has not always exhibited this penchant for perseverating on the past.

His word salad speeches and limited vocabulary are more recent as well.

Listen to his conversations with Howard Stern, listen to the talks he gave even ten years ago and compare them to his recent speech patterns.

Something has changed.

Watch how he clowns around now. I watched him pretending to be presidential and it struck me that this was eerily similar to a relative with dementia.

While this childish "clowning around" may be appealing to Trump supporters, it's a cause for concern among others.

Trump's infrastructure speech was a meandering mess. Even Fox decided it would be best to not to continue broadcasting it.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:13 AM

10,649 posts, read 4,280,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Trump was never Presidential material. There has to be a reason this character in chief is here at this time in history. Maybe, it is meant as a reminder, to guard our precious right to vote. To not hide our heads in the sand and nominate outstanding people for our commander in chief.

I think I have aged at least 10 years, since this dude has occupied the oval office. Next, he will probably kick out Pence and put Roseanne in place.
If Obama was still President the world would sit back and allow North Korea to build nukes for forever.
Thanks to Trump, Kim is begging for mercy and begging to meet with world leaders for the first time.
Bill Clinton, Bush and Obama were PATHETIC Presidents compared to Trump.
And Trump lowered the corporate tax rate to 21%.
Why did the previous Presidents allow the corporate tax rate to stay at 35%?
And why were they so content with America's trade deals?
They had no clue how to lead America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies