U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 01:36 PM

14,405 posts, read 26,174,612 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, there are only two ways to go in our failed political structure. "Vote the bum(s) out" only leads to new bums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 01:36 PM

10,801 posts, read 2,677,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I live in So. Calif. and I don't see many of the legal ones assimilating very well either. They come from a macho, tribal mentality ethnic group and a country where the rule of law doesn't mean much. Many of them still cling to their roots and native language and live in enclaves just as those here illegally do.
Vote for John Cox for governor and every Republican on the ballot

Old 03-30-2018, 01:54 PM

10,773 posts, read 10,129,555 times
Quote:
I live in So. Calif. and I don't see many of the legal ones assimilating very well either. They come from a macho, tribal mentality ethnic group and a country where the rule of law doesn't mean much. Many of them still cling to their roots and native language and live in enclaves just as those here illegally do.
How would we know if that would be the case if all the illegals were not here along with them?

Old 03-30-2018, 01:55 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,670,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Vote for John Cox for governor and every Republican on the ballot
What if that guy turns out to be a sucker too?

Old 03-30-2018, 02:05 PM

36,344 posts, read 16,228,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
How would we know if that would be the case if all the illegals were not here along with them?

I don't always know which ones are legal or illegal but I do know some that are here illegally and they have not assimilated well. I do agree, that there are far too many of them here from the same ethnic group both legally and illegally and that results in colonization not assimilation.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:08 PM

55,615 posts, read 54,217,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Unfortunately, there are only two ways to go in our failed political structure. "Vote the bum(s) out" only leads to new bums.
Exactly! Too true.

Old 03-30-2018, 03:58 PM

36,344 posts, read 16,228,192 times
Quote:
I don't always know which ones are legal or illegal but I do know some that are here illegally and they have not assimilated well. I do agree, that there are far too many of them here from the same ethnic group both legally and illegally and that results in colonization not assimilation.

Correction - I know some that are here legally not illegally.

Old 03-30-2018, 06:53 PM

8,498 posts, read 7,646,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGompers View Post
Sounds like a typical liberal commie that should be executed. Who the hell would want to help children? The nerve of these people.
Parents can pay for their own to attend a preK class if they feel preK is necessary for their child.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:22 PM

16,568 posts, read 14,013,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
You are not contradicting anything I have said here.

Read more closely and you will see. I said it was something that they didn't feel strongly about when it was theoretical, and their hate of Christie took precedence.

Now that it is a reality, their feelings about the issue are much stronger. Read the comments on different NJ forums. Read the comments in articles on the very liberal, NJ.com. There is a growing resentment out there, and the more he fulfills those promises, the bigger the resentment will grow.

P.S. You dont have to start every rebuttal with “Nonsense”. The fact that you are writing a rebuttal implies that you think it is nonsense, and that is no way to have a polite conversation.
Nonsense.

And it is super cool that you can tell better than Gallup what people find important just from comments on forums. As a researcher I can tell you that your methods are flawless

Anyone who discounts data in favor of their perceptions of comments on articles online deserves to get told that it is “nonsense”.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:02 PM

10,773 posts, read 10,129,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Nonsense.

And it is super cool that you can tell better than Gallup what people find important just from comments on forums. As a researcher I can tell you that your methods are flawless

Anyone who discounts data in favor of their perceptions of comments on articles online deserves to get told that it is “nonsense”.
Nonsense.

Your data is pre election, and I said from the very beginning that people had more pressing issues at that time, so you are not disputing anything that I have already said. Now that Murphy doesnt have the anti Christie sentiment to alter people’s perceptions, they can view his policies in a more objective way.

Give me some new data on these immigration policies as he rolls them out, and I am sure you will see different results. Until then we have nothing else to go on other than empirical evidence.

I will make you a bet, the polling numbers will change. People dont like this defense fund for illegals. People dont like the idea of living in a sanctuary state. I live among NJ liberals, and I hear what they say, and I read the posts that they write. Many do not have the love for illegals that you have, and if you think that they do, you are living in a bubble.

In NJ they are taxed out the wazoo just like the conservatives are, and their bottom line is important to them, even if yours isn’t. Sure, you may keep the ones who dont pay much taxes because their income is too low, but the suburban liberal homeowner is not with you on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or