Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 01:16 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Hey RWNJs can you point out a "national security" issue caused by someone crossing over the border on foot? I don't want all the crap you dreamed up, no whataboutism fantasy, just the actual facts.

No problem. Besides, illegal aliens are economic terrorists also. They cost us over $100 billion a year, loss of jobs, reduced wages, overcrowded schools, jails, hospitals and neighborhoods but that isn't for you?

https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...-the-case-file
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 01:40 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No problem. Besides, illegal aliens are economic terrorists also. They cost us over $100 billion a year, loss of jobs, reduced wages, overcrowded schools, jails, hospitals and neighborhoods but that isn't for you?

I scanned the article to find one of the people mentioned who a wall would have stopped and found none. Many smugglers engaged in false documentation and then flew clients in in or tried to claim asylum under false pretenses. The nearest example was a guy who tried to cross in the trunk of a car.
The rest of your statement is untrue as they would not fit the government definition of a terrorist.
So other than your false equivalency the Wall still looks like an epic waste of money as a national security device.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:44 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
If you thought this was gonna work you are dumb, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:48 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
I scanned the article to find one of the people mentioned who a wall would have stopped and found none. Many smugglers engaged in false documentation and then flew clients in in or tried to claim asylum under false pretenses. The nearest example was a guy who tried to cross in the trunk of a car.
The rest of your statement is untrue as they would not fit the government definition of a terrorist.
So other than your false equivalency the Wall still looks like an epic waste of money as a national security device.

Then you are a fool if you think that way and to ignore the facts that I provided. If millions of illegal aliens have managed to cross our border illegally what makes you think that terrorists haven't also? Even the former FBI Director said that those from known terrorist countries have managed to sneak in right along with them and disappeared into our country.

You failed to address the economic terrorists that illegal aliens are also and the negative impacts that I denoted. Why is that? Are you not aware that where the good walls are already erected that they have been very effective or don't you care?

Last edited by Oldglory; 03-30-2018 at 02:01 PM..

Old 03-30-2018, 01:50 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:

I have never lost a job to an illegal. Maybe I'm simply a better employee than those that "claim" they have lost jobs to illegals.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Then you are a fool if you think that way and to ignore the facts that I provided. If millions of illegal aliens have managed to cross our border illegally what makes you think that terrorists haven't also? Even the former FBI Director said that those from known terrorist countries have managed to sneak in right along with them and disappeared into our country.

You failed to address the economic terrorists that illegal aliens are also and the negative impacts that I denoted. Why is that? Are you not aware that where the good walls are already erected that they have been very effective or don't you care?
That’s my point. You didn’t provide any facts. You “feel” that a problem exists where one does not and want to expend billions of dollars to make you and other fantasy thinkers feel safe.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:32 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Congress holds the Power of the Purse. Only they can reauthorize the funding that is currently there.
Who authorized the transfer of $1.5B to the Islamists in Iran after instructing the Treasury to break their own sanction against Iran? Not to mention the $400 million in assorted world currencies flown mob-like in crates in the middle of the night. All of a sudden the Congress has the last word now that Trump is in.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:34 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
That’s my point. You didn’t provide any facts. You “feel” that a problem exists where one does not and want to expend billions of dollars to make you and other fantasy thinkers feel safe.
You could have said the same thing before 9/11. Give me facts the terrorist use student visas as cover to commit crimes. The fact is they did. Looks like you want to wait for the bombs to go off before you act.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:37 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Again, it's not his wall but congress' wall approved back in 2006.
So why is he taking so much credit? Because he figures the people who still run around wearing those hats are gullible enough to believe he's the reason why it's happening, perhaps?

Old 03-30-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
You could have said the same thing before 9/11. Give me facts the terrorist use student visas as cover to commit crimes. The fact is they did. Looks like you want to wait for the bombs to go off before you act.
Yea they did use false information on visas, that was clearly stated in the 9/11 comssion report. Again, a Wall would not have stopped any of them. A terrorist plot of that level of sophistication is not going to hinge on hoping some guys can cross a wasteland in the middle of the night without being discovered.
Sorry that life has turned out to be so complicated for you guys. Lots of gray areas, lots of fuzzy edges where one truth won’t cover the explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies