U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2018, 07:29 PM

5,908 posts, read 2,001,679 times

Advertisements

I think Presidential speeches are lame 99% of the time.

Presidents should only be talking about high level stuff, not the nuts and bolts of some stupid policy idea...that should all be delegated to whoever is in charge of carrying that out.

I only want to hear about political theory and patriotic things. Give a speech about citizenship or nationalism, and why we have the kind of government we have, since most Americans are too stupid or ignorant to know these things. And the ones that disagree are basically commies so they need a reminder/lecture.

But other than that..I don't want to hear from the President. I don't want him to weigh in on policies unless he is explaining why he vetoed a piece of legislation. I want him to inspire people and lead them, not bore them to death about infrastructure or what not.....that's why he was rambling - even HE was bored stiff by it.. it is dull stuff. Leave that to your Cabinet secretaries and their staff to talk about, that's why you have them!

Old 03-31-2018, 08:00 PM

4,470 posts, read 3,066,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I think Presidential speeches are lame 99% of the time.

Presidents should only be talking about high level stuff, not the nuts and bolts of some stupid policy idea...that should all be delegated to whoever is in charge of carrying that out.

I only want to hear about political theory and patriotic things. Give a speech about citizenship or nationalism, and why we have the kind of government we have, since most Americans are too stupid or ignorant to know these things. And the ones that disagree are basically commies so they need a reminder/lecture.

But other than that..I don't want to hear from the President. I don't want him to weigh in on policies unless he is explaining why he vetoed a piece of legislation. I want him to inspire people and lead them, not bore them to death about infrastructure or what not.....that's why he was rambling - even HE was bored stiff by it.. it is dull stuff. Leave that to your Cabinet secretaries and their staff to talk about, that's why you have them!
well, i want infrastructure. Our infrastructure is 3rd world. How are we supposed to remain competitive if a major bridge collapses?

Old 03-31-2018, 08:03 PM

911 posts, read 155,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007
I think he has a neurological issue or is developing dementia.
I wonder if he is just sick of it all??

Old 03-31-2018, 08:06 PM

50,128 posts, read 26,545,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Because in those videos he's talking about subjects he actually knows something about or has at least given a few moments' thought. On most public policy issues Trump has a surface-level familiarity at best.
Bingo.

There you have it folks.

If he’s not discussing real estate, there’s no real reason to listen to him.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:10 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,271,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
When something says "we believe" that is an opinion - sounds like a Press Release or someone already in the bag for Trump.

If you truly feel that borrowing 1.5 Trillion from your children and grandchildren so you could have a couple more pennies....is a worthwhile thing, that is your opinion. But you should certainly study the matter because that 1.5 Trillion isn't going where they claimed it is.

By the way, I started and ran a few small businesses during my career - did millions per year in my decent years - and never once relied on government policy or changes in regs to make more money. I did it the old fashioned way - WORK.

Only 13% of business' tax cuts are going to workers, survey says - Feb. 9, 2018

https://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/vo...dan/430619002/

And so, those tax cuts will make investors like me a LOT more wealthy, while they give a bit more than a dime (per dollar) to the people who NEED it.

Thanks. But given the choice I would not indebt my children and grandchildren so I could make more "free" money that I don't really need.
Did you complain when Obama grew the deficit by 9 trillion?

If not, then I don't wanna hear you complaining now.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:11 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,271,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Bingo.

There you have it folks.

If he’s not discussing real estate, there’s no real reason to listen to him.
Nonsense.

President Trump is succeeding internationally where Obama, Bush and Clinton all failed.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:12 PM

14,405 posts, read 26,181,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Nonsense.

President Trump is succeeding internationally where Obama, Bush and Clinton all failed.
Examples?

Old 03-31-2018, 08:14 PM

13,487 posts, read 8,490,180 times
Trump is speaking the language of his listeners.
He could not care less what the Ivy League crowd thinks. They're not Trump voters, no matter what.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:17 PM

4,363 posts, read 3,017,179 times
Same old arguments from the same old people. Nothing constructive going on here.

Don't you get tired of beating that same dead horse?

Closed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies