U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 06:19 PM

24,646 posts, read 9,573,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
It's a private company, and they have the right to fire her based on her speech if they want to. Not saying that I agree with them, but it's their right.

When restaurants or stores refuse to let blacks (or anyone else) in because of their dress or another reason, we say that it's their right to because they are a private company. It goes both ways.
You aren't allowed to discriminate based on race because Uncle Sam will fine or cage you.

I wish people could sell the fruits of their labor as they see fit but we are slaves.

The hospital has every right to fire her and a the hospital should have the right to fire a nurse for being black or Christian or she has blue eyes etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2018, 06:23 PM

21,287 posts, read 11,520,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
It does go to show you the type of impulsive people that continue to make inane social media postings despite darned well knowing such things could get them in trouble. These are probably the same types of people that would send a nasty email or text without thinking about it.

Certainly I have very strong opinions as any member of this forum can attest to. But guess what, I have never, EVER, created ANY social media rants or offensive statements on social media.

This nurse tried to delete her comment, but too late someone got a hold of it and forwarded it.

I have no sympathies, 'freedom of speech' has NOTHING to do with this. Besides, she WAS free to post what she did, and the company had the freedom to can her. It would be the same if some moron said something offensive about Donald Trump on social media.

Social media Darwins.
Seems like companies are kind of making it up as they go along. It started out that you would get fired if you made unfortunate comments while representing your comments as the opinion of your company. Now they are firing people who make these comments on their own time on personal accounts.

That is denial of due process IMO.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:28 PM

16,047 posts, read 18,571,439 times
Laws need to be passed that protects people from being doxxed. This is a violation of free speech and privacy. For the say such on company time.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Laws need to be passed that protects people from being doxxed. This is a violation of free speech and privacy. For the say such on company time.
I believe that a person should “own” any comments made on a private social media account and have full rights of distribution. So this scumbag “activist” should be sued for illegally sharing without permission and the company should be sued for millions for abuse of this employee.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:37 PM

5,778 posts, read 2,694,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You might do some reading and get your facts straight.
Why read & get my facts "straight" when there is a video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WYzv7kPYNo

Next thing you know you will be telling me a "apple" is not a "apple" too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ht3owHqKg

I wonder how the unarmed police in Britain deal with a similar robbery situation?

I'm sure neither party dies in the process. We have trigger happy police in the US who shoot first and ask questions later....and then some of you complain why does Black Lives Matter exists and is racist.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:40 PM

5,778 posts, read 2,694,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I believe that a person should “own” any comments made on a private social media account and have full rights of distribution. So this scumbag “activist” should be sued for illegally sharing without permission and the company should be sued for millions for abuse of this employee.
Since when is Facebook private? Don't they have privacy settings?
This nurse obviously wanted to share her opinion with the world instead.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Since when is Facebook private? Don't they have privacy settings?
This nurse obviously wanted to share her opinion with the world instead.
If she said it out loud at a bar and this activist recorded her saying it should she have the same treatment? How far does your tyrannical ideas reach?

It’s her FB. If you don’t like what she’s saying you block her. You don’t ruin her life.

Old 04-01-2018, 06:55 PM

5,284 posts, read 4,025,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Why read & get my facts "straight" when there is a video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WYzv7kPYNo

Next thing you know you will be telling me a "apple" is not a "apple" too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ht3owHqKg

I wonder how the unarmed police in Britain deal with a similar robbery situation?

I'm sure neither party dies in the process. We have trigger happy police in the US who shoot first and ask questions later....and then some of you complain why does Black Lives Matter exists and is racist.

So you post that he was shot 20 times in the back and someone tells you to get your facts straight and you comeback with an all knowing answer like you can't be wrong.
Did you happen to see the autopsy report where he was hit 6 times in the back, 8 times total?
You must have failed basic math . In your world 20=6?

Old 04-01-2018, 07:02 PM

30,893 posts, read 13,434,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
What she said was wrong, but most importantly doxxing is wrong. The nurse got doxxed. This is not good. I hope this woman can get another job. Also to depends. Did she say it during company time or on private time. She can sue her employer. I hope she does. But one must know that we live in sensitive times, sjws and alt right personalities stalk folks online to catch them when they say things. When they get caught, expect to loose a job, rental agreement, expelled from college or even have your life lost. I knew a guy who said negative things about Israel. An alt right person doxxed the guy I know and emailed the comments to his land lord who is Jewish. Landlord would not renew his lease. This happened in nyc.

I don't know who these sjw and alt right folks want to reduce homelessness, but dox people for free opinionated speech, get fired from jobs can't pay rent and out on the street. Sjws and alt right online vigilantes are crazy.

Last my heart goes out to the Clark family. Know one deserved to be gunned down like that regardless of race by law enforcement.
No, it's not about being "doxxed" she posted it on social media, re-posting it was not an invasion of her privacy. she is supposed to be a Nurse, you know..one of those people who tries to save lives, not claim that someone 'deserved to die' those judgments are for juries to make, not medical professionals

Old 04-01-2018, 07:04 PM

30,893 posts, read 13,434,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
So you post that he was shot 20 times in the back and someone tells you to get your facts straight and you comeback with an all knowing answer like you can't be wrong.
Did you happen to see the autopsy report where he was hit 6 times in the back, 8 times total?
You must have failed basic math . In your world 20=6?
he was shot "at" 20 times, it's pretty obvious that is what the poster meant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or