U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-02-2018, 05:16 AM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,710 posts, read 6,746,488 times
Reputation: 5734

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
That's different. Conservatives think children have fundamental rights that shouldn't be violated, even the unborn. So a woman shouldn't be able to choose to kill her own child if she thinks they are not convenient for her.
You're still forcing parenthood on that mother even though she might not be ready financially or otherwise. The quickest way to the poor house today is to have a baby
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2018, 05:33 AM
 
37,898 posts, read 14,764,101 times
Reputation: 24225
Americans are fine with killing.

Oklahoma is looking for new ways to kill people after a series of botched executions. Read they plan to use nitrogen to kill inmates now.

We drop bombs. Shoot missiles from drones. Snipers. ... Been doing it for decades with rarely an objection and certainly no objection from conservatives.

How many of these people are innocent is a matter of speculation. Certainly many of them are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The argument that there are more abortions than executions or war murders doesn't hold any water.

Whether it's a collection of cells or fully formed human being, if you believe abortion is murder and murder is wrong, then murder is wrong no matter how often or under what conditions it occurs.

Instead, conservatives save their vitriol for women.

Seems forcing a women to bear a child she doesn't want is suitable punishment for ineffective birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 05:41 AM
 
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
14,627 posts, read 12,132,852 times
Reputation: 25952
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, they want all guns outlawed from everyone.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, they want all meat products ban for everyone.

If a conservative falls on hard times, they bust a move to get out of a bind.
If a liberal falls on hard times, they wonder who is going to take care of them.

If a conservative doesn't like a TV show, or talk show host, they turn the channel.
If a liberal doesn't like a TV show, or talk show host, the demand they be pulled off the air.

If a Conservative doesn't believe in god or any higher spiritual power, they don't go to church or worship.
If a Liberal doesn't believe in god or any higher spiritual power, they want all mention of god silenced.

If a conservative needs a to find healthcare insurance, they shop around for the best service for the lowest rates they can afford.
If a liberal needs a to find healthcare insurance, they demand the rest of us pay for it.

If a conservative reads this, he will be forwarding it to all his friends so they can see the sadness and comedy in the same actions handled differently.
If a liberal reads this, they will deny the shame they feel, be offended and delete it.

Conservatives are so hateful, I forwarded it to you!!!
That's funny stuff. Of course not all liberals, but a good majority.

Conservatives aren't perfect, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 05:42 AM
 
11,858 posts, read 5,031,178 times
Reputation: 18292
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Americans are fine with killing.

Oklahoma is looking for new ways to kill people after a series of botched executions. Read they plan to use nitrogen to kill inmates now.

We drop bombs. Shoot missiles from drones. Snipers. ... Been doing it for decades with rarely an objection and certainly no objection from conservatives.

How many of these people are innocent is a matter of speculation. Certainly many of them are just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The argument that there are more abortions than executions or war murders doesn't hold any water.

Whether it's a collection of cells or fully formed human being, if you believe abortion is murder and murder is wrong, then murder is wrong no matter how often or under what conditions it occurs.

Instead, conservatives save their vitriol for women.

Seems forcing a women to bear a child she doesn't want is suitable punishment for ineffective birth control.
The only problem is that once the child is conceived, it already exists. You certainly wouldn't be in favor of killing a one year old because the mother can't afford to take care of the child would you? That's my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree. At that point, she has forced herself to bear a child, no one made her do it unless she was raped. Killing is not wrong all the time for example if one kills another in self defense. A conceived child has done nothing wrong. It is the most innocent and helpless of all people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 05:45 AM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,710 posts, read 6,746,488 times
Reputation: 5734
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
The only problem is that once the child is conceived, it already exists. That's my opinion and I don't expect anyone to agree. At that point, she has forced herself to bear a child, no one made her do it unless she was raped. Killing is not wrong all the time for example if one kills another in self defense. A conceived child has done nothing wrong. It is the most innocent and helpless of all people.
Again, you are forcing poverty and a ruined life on both mother and child by banning abortion in most cases
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 05:50 AM
 
11,858 posts, read 5,031,178 times
Reputation: 18292
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Again, you are forcing poverty and a ruined life on both mother and child by banning abortion in most cases
You could say the same thing about any mother that has children of any age they can't afford to raise. No one forced her to conceive a child so no one is forcing her to ruin her life if that's what you think she's doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Mount Airy, Maryland
10,383 posts, read 5,870,114 times
Reputation: 15911
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
how about if conservatives don’t want abortions they don’t get one? Instead of trying to regulate the uteruses of all women.

How about if conservatives dont believe in gay marriage they don’t marry a gay person? Instead of trying to prevent it for everyone.
Bam!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 06:04 AM
 
Location: Mount Airy, Maryland
10,383 posts, read 5,870,114 times
Reputation: 15911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Gee, I consider myself a conservative, and I fully support gay marriage. Go figure.
And most liberals support the 2nd Amendment. The point is let's not for a second pretend the right does not try to legislate their beliefs as the OP is charging liberals with doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 06:07 AM
 
34,242 posts, read 41,268,949 times
Reputation: 29729
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, they want all guns outlawed from everyone.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, they want all meat products ban for everyone.

If a conservative falls on hard times, they bust a move to get out of a bind.
If a liberal falls on hard times, they wonder who is going to take care of them.

If a conservative doesn't like a TV show, or talk show host, they turn the channel.
If a liberal doesn't like a TV show, or talk show host, the demand they be pulled off the air.

If a Conservative doesn't believe in god or any higher spiritual power, they don't go to church or worship.
If a Liberal doesn't believe in god or any higher spiritual power, they want all mention of god silenced.

If a conservative needs a to find healthcare insurance, they shop around for the best service for the lowest rates they can afford.
If a liberal needs a to find healthcare insurance, they demand the rest of us pay for it.

If a conservative reads this, he will be forwarding it to all his friends so they can see the sadness and comedy in the same actions handled differently.
If a liberal reads this, they will deny the shame they feel, be offended and delete it.

Conservatives are so hateful, I forwarded it to you!!!
Where do you get all this crap from?

Found it =http://www.businessinsider.com/liber...ervatives-2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2018, 06:37 AM
 
Location: Downtown Phoenix, AZ
18,710 posts, read 6,746,488 times
Reputation: 5734
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
You could say the same thing about any mother that has children of any age they can't afford to raise. No one forced her to conceive a child so no one is forcing her to ruin her life if that's what you think she's doing.
Don't prevent women's choice; plain and simple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top