U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-01-2018, 07:32 PM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,115 posts, read 33,523,412 times
Reputation: 14133

Advertisements

If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, they want all guns outlawed from everyone.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, they want all meat products ban for everyone.

If a conservative falls on hard times, they bust a move to get out of a bind.
If a liberal falls on hard times, they wonder who is going to take care of them.

If a conservative doesn't like a TV show, or talk show host, they turn the channel.
If a liberal doesn't like a TV show, or talk show host, the demand they be pulled off the air.

If a Conservative doesn't believe in god or any higher spiritual power, they don't go to church or worship.
If a Liberal doesn't believe in god or any higher spiritual power, they want all mention of god silenced.

If a conservative needs a to find healthcare insurance, they shop around for the best service for the lowest rates they can afford.
If a liberal needs a to find healthcare insurance, they demand the rest of us pay for it.

If a conservative reads this, he will be forwarding it to all his friends so they can see the sadness and comedy in the same actions handled differently.
If a liberal reads this, they will deny the shame they feel, be offended and delete it.

Conservatives are so hateful, I forwarded it to you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-01-2018, 07:41 PM
 
Location: St. Louis, MO
4,009 posts, read 5,478,497 times
Reputation: 4545
You're making a lot of assumptions based on stereotypes.

People are individuals, regardless of political affiliation.

Some Conservatives behave and think the way you described, but not all.

And some Liberals behave and think the way you described, but not all.

Until some people stop viewing the "other side" as caricatures and stereotypes, we are never going to move past our differences and discover our common ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2018, 07:42 PM
 
16,565 posts, read 13,995,893 times
Reputation: 20517
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, they want all guns outlawed from everyone.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, they want all meat products ban for everyone.

If a conservative falls on hard times, they bust a move to get out of a bind.
If a liberal falls on hard times, they wonder who is going to take care of them.

If a conservative doesn't like a TV show, or talk show host, they turn the channel.
If a liberal doesn't like a TV show, or talk show host, the demand they be pulled off the air.

If a Conservative doesn't believe in god or any higher spiritual power, they don't go to church or worship.
If a Liberal doesn't believe in god or any higher spiritual power, they want all mention of god silenced.

If a conservative needs a to find healthcare insurance, they shop around for the best service for the lowest rates they can afford.
If a liberal needs a to find healthcare insurance, they demand the rest of us pay for it.

If a conservative reads this, he will be forwarding it to all his friends so they can see the sadness and comedy in the same actions handled differently.
If a liberal reads this, they will deny the shame they feel, be offended and delete it.

Conservatives are so hateful, I forwarded it to you!!!
How about if conservatives don’t want abortions they don’t get one? Instead of trying to regulate the uteruses of all women.

How about if conservatives dont believe in gay marriage they don’t marry a gay person? Instead of trying to prevent it for everyone.

Last edited by lkb0714; 04-01-2018 at 07:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2018, 07:45 PM
 
29,965 posts, read 47,117,663 times
Reputation: 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If a conservative doesn't like guns, they don't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, they want all guns outlawed from everyone.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, they want all meat products ban for everyone.

If a conservative falls on hard times, they bust a move to get out of a bind.
If a liberal falls on hard times, they wonder who is going to take care of them.

If a conservative doesn't like a TV show, or talk show host, they turn the channel.
If a liberal doesn't like a TV show, or talk show host, the demand they be pulled off the air.

If a Conservative doesn't believe in god or any higher spiritual power, they don't go to church or worship.
If a Liberal doesn't believe in god or any higher spiritual power, they want all mention of god silenced.

If a conservative needs a to find healthcare insurance, they shop around for the best service for the lowest rates they can afford.
If a liberal needs a to find healthcare insurance, they demand the rest of us pay for it.

If a conservative reads this, he will be forwarding it to all his friends so they can see the sadness and comedy in the same actions handled differently.
If a liberal reads this, they will deny the shame they feel, be offended and delete it.

Conservatives are so hateful, I forwarded it to you!!!
Can you see through those rose-colored glasses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2018, 07:46 PM
 
Location: USA
16,731 posts, read 8,615,886 times
Reputation: 12619
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
How about if conservatives donít want abortions they donít get one? Instead of trying to regulate the uteruses of all women.

How about if conservatives dont believe in gay marriage they donít marry a gay person? Instead of trying to prevent it for everyone.
Who is pushing to change existing abortion law, and putting on propaganda displays? Who is pushing to repeal, or further regulate the Second Amendment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2018, 07:49 PM
 
16,565 posts, read 13,995,893 times
Reputation: 20517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Who is pushing to change existing abortion law, and putting on propaganda displays? Who is pushing to repeal, or further regulate the Second Amendment?
You really donít know that the Republican Party is trying to overturn roe v Wade?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2018, 07:49 PM
 
1,001 posts, read 377,179 times
Reputation: 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
How about if conservatives donít want abortions they donít get one?
Maybe conservatives uphold belief in the phrase "right to Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2018, 07:51 PM
 
16,565 posts, read 13,995,893 times
Reputation: 20517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
Maybe conservatives uphold belief in the phrase "right to Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness".
Unless that life is taken by a gun, and then itís all good.

The point is the OP was nonsense. Republicans want to control the actions of others just as much if not more so than those on the other side of the aisle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2018, 07:51 PM
Status: "Nevertheless, America's baseball team -- Roar, Tigers, ROAR!" (set 22 days ago)
 
Location: Nescopeck, Penna. (birthplace)
12,303 posts, read 7,445,686 times
Reputation: 15877
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
You're making a lot of assumptions based on stereotypes.

People are individuals, regardless of political affiliation.

Some Conservatives behave and think the way you described, but not all.

And some Liberals behave and think the way you described, but not all.

Until some people stop viewing the "other side" as caricatures and stereotypes, we are never going to move past our differences and discover our common ground.
But, with a few exceptions among the dogmatists of the Religious Right, it is only the (pseudo)-"liberals" who are so infatuated with their own viewpoint that they seek to harness the power of an overbuilt state in order to impose their views on all of us.

It's ironic that we defeated the twin evils of Nazism and Marxism, only to be confronted by a collection of overgrown Goody Two-Shoes who are convinced that they alone know what's best for all of the rest of us; happily, they usually either sink to fighting among themselves -- or are duped into the following of the likes of Saint Hilary Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2018, 07:51 PM
 
29,965 posts, read 47,117,663 times
Reputation: 15871
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
How about if conservatives donít want abortions they donít get one? Instead of trying to regulate the uteruses of all women.

How about if conservatives dont believe in gay marriage they donít marry a gay person? Instead of trying to prevent it for everyone.
How about if conservatives value democracy and the rule of law they let Mueller do his job and make Trump do his---
Which is not trying to create tariffs (which are the right of the Congress) by lying about a military necessity

How about if conservatives believe in the rule of law, then they follow the Constitution and the rules of the nation which allow one person, one vote--and stop gerrymandering the heck out of state and federal voting districts

How about if conservatives believe it's worth saving the future life of every fetus, they put money into decent hospital care for low income families and women's health care...vs fighting the CONSTITUTIONAL right to an abortion and then letting children fend for themselves...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top