Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 08:26 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,898,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lol at the posters saying the kids didn't ask for this. Who cares what they asked for or what they want, it's not up to them. They need to **** and deal with the monsters they help create.
The kids helped create the right-wing nut jobs who attack massacre survivors and defend mass-shooters? Those are the monsters I see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 08:28 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,366,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Last year my neighbor had 8 guns stolen. The druggies that did it are not going to go through any background check when they sell them to other criminals, nor will they be concerned in the least about magazine capacity. If an AR 15 was amongst the stolen weapons they are not going to turn it in if somehow the liberal dream of removing all AR 15's from society were to become the law of the land.

Commonsense actions to protect school kids would be to treat schools like courthouses. Metal detectors, armed guards (or armed teachers) etc. Crazies do not attack any place where they know a good guy with a gun might shoot back. They only go for gun free zones where they know they'll have free reign.
Your entire post is a testament to the the god of irony.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:29 AM

21,394 posts, read 10,444,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Truth is, this has been the case. Many adults are actually this warped. Or always have been, but it takes certain issues to bring it out. Busing crisis back in the 70s, school integration back in the 50s and 60s. Adults were going as far as to assault kids in those days.

I don't want to see gun rights diminished. I am pro-gun. I also understand that those kids don't want to be scared inside their schools. This is a messy situation, but some of the stuff we're seeing is just showing that society is as messed up as can be.
I think a lot of the pushback against the kids is awful, but seriously, what do these kids expect when they immediately called legal gun owners child murderers with blood on their hands and refused to blame the sheriff’s department who formed a perimeter outside while kids were being murdered inside?

If they don’t want to be scared inside their schools, then their reaction to additional security is very curious. This is normal, and I’m sure their parents would be furious if these extra precautions were not taking place. I know I would be.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:34 AM

28,915 posts, read 14,271,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lmao..Wait until they get into the real world and have to do most of those things at their job. I have to wear an ID badge, swipe in through the doors and walk past armed security. Hey snowflakes, welcome to reality!
Same here.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Hey, another thread where a right wing troll uses the term snowflake/soyboy/beta.

CD boredom, your path to enlightenment.

Snowflake is sort of funny though. Never heard soyboy before, and beta is kind of worn out.

I get called gun nut, gun fetishist, Trumpling, deplorable, Russian bot, and NRA right wing troll on a regular basis. It is what it is.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yes, I was just thinking that. It doesn't get much lower than to personally attack children who are reacting to being survivors of mass murder that happened in their school.

Is this being done ? Are there right wing nut jobs accosting these kids on their way to school ?
As far as this thread, I saw someone share their opinion of the comments some of these kids have made.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
What they asked for was to not have to face gun in their schools, not being made to feel like they were in jail. Be careful what you accuse people of, because you may look like either a liar or an idiot if you can't distinguish between two completely different things.
If this is a short term solution to keep the kids safe in school , then so be it. The kids should be thankful that the school district (and sheriff) that allowed the shooting to happen in the first place is finally stepping up.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"We had to turn your schools into jails for your own safety. This is how the second amendment prevents a police state."

What does the 2A have anything to do with this ? The 2A is 227 years old. In as little as 30 years ago, seeing pickups with shotguns and rifles in the rear window gun rack in the school parking lot was a normal everyday occurrence in rural areas.
There wasn't a need for clear backpacks and armed guards to keep the kids safe. Wonder what happened ?

Old 04-03-2018, 08:53 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,394,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The kids helped create the right-wing nut jobs who attack massacre survivors and defend mass-shooters? Those are the monsters I see.
No, they help create the monsters who shoot up the schools by bullying them and treating them like outcasts.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:55 AM

45,283 posts, read 26,785,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think a lot of the pushback against the kids is awful, but seriously, what do these kids expect when they immediately called legal gun owners child murderers with blood on their hands and refused to blame the sheriff’s department who formed a perimeter outside while kids were being murdered inside?

If they don’t want to be scared inside their schools, then their reaction to additional security is very curious. This is normal, and I’m sure their parents would be furious if these extra precautions were not taking place. I know I would be.
They are kids... that's the problem. They don't know.

Adults obviously pushed these kids to march. The kids are being used as political pawns by aggressive liberals to gain leverage on an issue with which they have not been able to gain traction.

The parents have allowed the kids to take part in this. So now when the kids enter the arena of political debate, and they now encounter some friction - which is typical in the political arena, then they want to play the 'kid' card.

The kids are in the news and they feel big and important... well, that comes with a price in that they have exposed themselves to adult level criticism.

Just keeping it real here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies