Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2018, 02:31 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times

Advertisements

Umm... when we have to put "at least" in front of something a POTUS is doing, it says a lot about what that POTUS is NOT doing.

I support immigration reform. I do NOT support "people from white countries only" immigration reform.

It's racist.

Old 04-02-2018, 02:57 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,533 times
I’d like to hear from the OP how the immigration system itself is broken. Usually when people make this comment it’s nlt for the reasons he’s alluding to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 04:22 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Umm... when we have to put "at least" in front of something a POTUS is doing, it says a lot about what that POTUS is NOT doing.

I support immigration reform. I do NOT support "people from white countries only" immigration reform.

It's racist.

Nor does Trump so where are you getting that? There is hardly any immigration to our country from white people. I don't know what a white country is. Every country has a mix of people in it.

Reform? Do you mean amnesty?

Old 04-02-2018, 04:24 PM

62,889 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
I’d like to hear from the OP how the immigration system itself is broken. Usually when people make this comment it’s nlt for the reasons he’s alluding to.

It isn't broken. Our immigration laws just aren't being enforced as they should be.

Old 04-02-2018, 04:29 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Which "fixes" has Trump made to the immigration law?
Enforcing them.

Old 04-02-2018, 04:49 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,398,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i sort of agree.

He's a total clown, and shaping up to be the worst president in American history, but at least he is trying to fix the broken immigration system.

I mean he's not getting very much accomplished , it is still so bad as to remain "broken as it ever was", but he is trying.
To quote Yoda, "Do. There is no try".

Old 04-02-2018, 04:50 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,619,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
trump is trying to change the system so only white folks get in. We should not support his racist views.
We could use more Norwegians though.

Except they don't want to leave their good lives in Norway !

Old 04-02-2018, 05:00 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,668,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philopower View Post
Obama was a continuation of the same and we finally have a president who’s actually trying to change things. We should support him
Didn't Yoda say "there is no try". Do or don't do.

You've been fooled GW tried immigration reform and so did Obama. The Congress won't have it and people like you would prefer to snarl and snap at Red Meat than actually solve problems.

Trump has the Congress. Why isn't he fixing it? Why "try"? Just call Capital Hill and take a few weeks (the legislation is already written.....has been MANY times, so all they have to do is modify it) and PASS IT with a bipartisan support.

It's easy....if someone is a decent politician. Even Trump - likely a traitor and abuser of government power - could get such a bill through Congress.

Ask yourself "What would LBJ do?" I know what he would do. He would cajole and shout and meet with separate caucuses from Congress and make it happen.

There is a big difference between a talker and a doer. Guess which one Trump is?

Old 04-02-2018, 05:50 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
We could use more Norwegians though.

Except they don't want to leave their good lives in Norway !
Can you provide the full quote that trump stated? Not just a portion, to fit the lefts discussion....

Old 04-02-2018, 07:24 PM

766 posts, read 1,253,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily87 View Post
It's virtually impossible to immigrate without some kind of familial connection or a prior job offer. Massive backlog of court cases means that many immigrants in detention centers are there for way longer than they should be. We need to change rules so that not every person who shows up with a sob story can qualify for asylum. Corporate welfare by ways of the massive amounts of undocumented immigrants who are bringing down wages and being used as pawns for business owners. These same undocumented immigrants then pop out a few citizen kids and now qualify for benefits.

The system is disgusting and democrats have done nothing to remedy this problem whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies