Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 06:16 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,493,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
gender identity is more fake news
there are 2 genders/sexes , anything else is a mental illness.

Im also 5'10" but i identify as 7'
Are you a psychiatrist? Did you go to medical school? Do you think you know more than the psychiatric community who has removed gender identity disorder from the mental health guidelines?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 06:20 AM

12,950 posts, read 9,584,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
If you stand for nothing,you'll fall for anything. Love this.

No standards from the far leftists

https://youtu.be/xfO1veFs6Ho
And in the mean time, life goes on. You can't live other people lives, or make choices for them. It's like you do you, and I'll do me, we'll respect each other choices and mind our own business.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:22 AM

36,940 posts, read 18,926,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Why is it that every single political organization with the word "family" in it has to be staffed by such willfully stupid individuals? How humiliating is it to have to go on to a campus and act as if you can't tell why concepts like gender, sexual orientation and physical characteristics Are treated differently?

This is just sad stuff. I feel for that guy, I really do.
I think it has to do with "family values", which is a shapeshifting purely situational moving target that encompasses lots of mulligans. At least, that's the impression I get.

Also See: Evangelicals

Old 04-03-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
If you believe that your great great ancestors were apes, then you're capable of believing anything.
Some of my current relatives still are.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danconnors View Post
Sure, liberal retard world a 6 foot guy can be a 2 foot Aussi sheep dog if they want. And can marry a Scottish fold cat.
Nope, strawman argument; welcome to my ignore list

Old 04-03-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
First, this has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

The question many wonder, myself included, is where we draw the line when there is a conflict between what a person perceives themselves as and what biologically they are.

Femininity and and masculinity are true social constructs, but gender is as tied to physical characteristics as hair color, and in some ways more so. I know you are going to argue differently, but truthfully, insisting others treat a person based on feelings, when there are physical attributes that conflict with that identity, for gender is no different than insisting they do so for height, weight, age, or the biggest social construct of all, race.
I count at least a half dozen transgendered individuals among my friends. One of them was married to another friend for three years before he decided he couldnt take it any more. He has had hormone injections, and changed his name from Alton to Aly. One was the sound guy on a movie we shot in 2016. Ellory was still pre-op and had not begun any treatments at that time, but (s)he wanted to be known as "Elaine" aka "El". Everyone complied with her wishes, although "she" was still physically a male. El has begun hormone treatments now, with a goal of surgery next year. Darla has lived as a woman for the past ten years, looks like a woman, and presents as a woman. She almost has enough saved up to get surgery to make the change complete. If you met her, you would have no idea that physically her body is still technically male.

One other person who was in the movie has told everyone that "she" is neither male nor female, but a combination of the two, and wants to be known as a "birl". Personally, I think s/he's merely bisexual, but life's too short to worry about such things. However they present, I will respect their wishes.

Weight can be changed. Gender can be physically changed by surgery. Height, age, and race cannot.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:41 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,349,958 times
Height can be changed by surgery too

New York Man 'Grows' Six Inches Through Surgery - ABC News

Old 04-03-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I stand corrected.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:46 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,649,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Are you a psychiatrist? Did you go to medical school? Do you think you know more than the psychiatric community who has removed gender identity disorder from the mental health guidelines?
Huh?
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code F64.0: Transsexualism
Clinical Information
Severe gender dysphoria, coupled with a persistent desire for the physical characteristics and social roles that connote the opposite biological sex. (apa, dsm-iv, 1994)
The urge to belong to the opposite sex that may include surgical procedures to modify the sex organs in order to appear as the opposite sex.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Huh?
2018 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code F64.0: Transsexualism
Clinical Information
Severe gender dysphoria, coupled with a persistent desire for the physical characteristics and social roles that connote the opposite biological sex. (apa, dsm-iv, 1994)
The urge to belong to the opposite sex that may include surgical procedures to modify the sex organs in order to appear as the opposite sex.
As of 2012, gender identity disorder was removed from the guidelines and is no longer considered a mental illness. Try to keep up....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies