Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US military be deployed to the border?
Yes 135 60.54%
No 88 39.46%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 05:59 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
All these hard-right zealots care about, is putting into action, the hate they have for liberals, foreigners and any other type of people who are not of their cult. They don't have the mental foresight to consider the consequences and the misfortunes they would bring upon themselves, by turning over complete control to a dictator.
Hey, Mr. Broad-brush, not all Trump supporters are "hard-right zealots".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2018, 06:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Hey, Mr. Broad-brush, not all Trump supporters are "hard-right zealots".
No, but more than enough are. Reading through this thread makes me crestfallen...it’s very disappointing. I know that Americans are naturally provincial, shortsighted and myopic, but to advocate the idea of military members taking an active role in law enforcement is simply embarrassing. A lot of these posters should know better.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:03 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Facts:

These are extraordinary circumstances.

The American people are fed up.

The troops will not be deployed to maintain INTERNAL security but to quell an EXTERNAL threat.

When your neighbour refuses to co-operate to secure it's side of the border what choice do you have?

Should you inadvertently cross the border with Mexico while sand running/dragging in the Imperial Sand Dunes, it is the Mexican military you will be met by. Fair is fair.

I have witnessed the Mexican military refuse entry to first responders to an accident with injuries by sand buggy accidents.

I have seen Mexican military behave in a threatening manner when American LEO's attempt to stop stolen vehicles from escaping into Mexico.

That border has been a clusterflop of political indecision for decades and needs to be addressed aggressively.

A wall is a waste of money. You've got more than enough border patrol agents if they're given the technology, canine patrols AND the firm imperatives to stop the incursions. Let rottweilers chew on Mexican border jumpers for ten minutes, then send them back as a warning to other like minded criminals.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:12 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Gotta love how the conservatives can whip up their base with an imaginary foreign invasion. They need to keep that fear alive - it's what got failing Donald elected.

An invasion doesn't have to be an armed one. Look it up in the dictionary. We have at minimum 11 million invaders here already this latest surge just adds insult to injury. You can call it fear all you want but it's common sense unless you're a liberal.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:12 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Let's face it, you and yours just don't like Trump nor do you want any of his policies to go into effect for your own personal reasons not based on what is best for this country and its citizens. I wish you would all just admit it and stop the constant Trump bashing day in and day out. At least it would show more honesty.
Me and mine? You mean Republicans?

Admit I don't like Trump? I thought I had made that abundantly clear. For personal reasons? Like what? I don't like him, find him to be destroying our reputation world wide, self serving, liar, dumb as a rock, child like temper tantrums.... he goads a certain portion of the population towards racism and hate.... my list of dislikes towards him is pretty long.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-03-2018, 06:13 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, but more than enough are. Reading through this thread makes me crestfallen...it’s very disappointing. I know that Americans are naturally provincial, shortsighted and myopic, but to advocate the idea of military members taking an active role in law enforcement is simply embarrassing. A lot of these posters should know better.
Nah, they'll just be "look-out" for US Customs and Border Protection.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:14 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Imagine the outcry if we just let all these refugees continue on to Canada. Why not? Mexico acts as a pass through country, and Justin Trudeau says immigrants are welcome. Once they crossed the Guatemalan border, they ceased being refugees and became economic migrants. There is no reason for us to accept them.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:17 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Facts:

The troops will not be deployed to maintain INTERNAL security but to quell an EXTERNAL threat.

When your neighbour refuses to co-operate to secure it's side of the border what choice do you have?

Should you inadvertently cross the border with Mexico while sand running/dragging in the Imperial Sand Dunes, it is the Mexican military you will be met by. Fair is fair.

I have witnessed the Mexican military refuse entry to first responders to an accident with injuries by sand buggy accidents.

I have seen Mexican military behave in a threatening manner when American LEO's attempt to stop stolen vehicles from escaping into Mexico.

That border has been a clusterflop of political indecision for decades and needs to be addressed aggressively.

A wall is a waste of money. You've got more than enough border patrol agents if they're given the technology, canine patrols AND the firm imperatives to stop the incursions. Let rottweilers chew on Mexican border jumpers for ten minutes, then send them back as a warning to other like minded criminals.
I’m glad to agree with you on something. And I was just kidding about sending them to Canada. It was just an illustration of what Mexico is doing to our country.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Facts:

No, the wall is not a waste of money. How many times do I have to prove it? A physical barrier helps our Border Patrol immensely. We have 2,000 miles of border with Mexico. How many Border Patrol agents would we need to cover every square inch of it, the expense of it plus the danger to those officers? We are only asking for the 700 miles of good wall to be completed along the most porous areas of our border as promised by congress back in 2006. The rest of the border has natural barriers to illegal entry and that's where the Border Patrol can focus their efforts. It's also cost effective when you consider that illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year.

Old 04-03-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Me and mine? You mean Republicans?

Admit I don't like Trump? I thought I had made that abundantly clear. For personal reasons? Like what? I don't like him, find him to be destroying our reputation world wide, self serving, liar, dumb as a rock, child like temper tantrums.... he goads a certain portion of the population towards racism and hate.... my list of dislikes towards him is pretty long.

No, I mean people who don't care about our national security just for one thing and want to put a price on it along with constantly crying about Mexico paying for it. It's utter nonsense that Trump goads anyone towards racism and hate. Whom are you speaking of that this so-called hate and racism is directed at?

Last edited by Oldglory; 04-03-2018 at 06:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies