Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 11:20 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Excellent comment. All new jobs created by amazon is only a part of the jobs lost to retail stores. Here are just some of amazon practices:
1. Sell at a lost to bankrupt the competition, then buy them up and run them with less employees.
2. Many independent sellers use the amazon website. Once amazon recognizes a popular product, they ban such sellers and start to sell the products themselves.
3. Hire only physical fit people and fire those not productive enough, exploiting people to a maximum. Some people are left with physical injuries that amazon does not acknowledge.
4. Amazon invest millions in robotics, little by little less workers are needed.

This is just some of the practices that have made amazon what it is, and that Bezos' fortune is over $100 billions.

Trump's attack is just personal, no good can come out of it.

Please read above.

What I don't read above is anything factual corroborating your first three allegations.

And RE: #4, what makes Amazon any different (other than Trump's personal vendetta) than the no doubt thousands of other companies that have done the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 11:20 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Let's not forget that Obama's racketeering cost the taxpayers about a half billion dollars thrown down the toilet on that solar company that promptly went belly up. It works both ways....
What works both ways?
Obama was attempting to encourage growth and stimulate an industry.
How is Trump attacking Amazon doing either?

Further, that one clear mis-step notwithstanding, how many more people got jobs in the solar industry during his time in office because the Obama administration believed in solar energy?

From just 2016:

"The number of solar jobs in the U.S. has more than doubled in five years. In fact, there are more people working in solar now than at oil rigs and in gas fields.

The solar industry added 35,000 jobs in 2015, up 20% from the previous year, according to the Solar Foundation, a nonprofit in Washington D.C.. The group is not funded by solar companies."

Solar energy jobs double in 5 years

https://www.seia.org/news/us-solar-m...ns-reach-16-gw

Which industries do you think Trump will encourage to the same degree?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:24 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What works both ways?
Obama was attempting to encourage growth and stimulate an industry.
How is Trump attacking Amazon doing either?

Further, that one clear mis-step notwithstanding, how many more people got jobs in the solar industry during his time in office because the Obama administration believed in solar energy?

From just 2016:

"The number of solar jobs in the U.S. has more than doubled in five years. In fact, there are more people working in solar now than at oil rigs and in gas fields.

The solar industry added 35,000 jobs in 2015, up 20% from the previous year, according to the Solar Foundation, a nonprofit in Washington D.C.. The group is not funded by solar companies."

Solar energy jobs double in 5 years

https://www.seia.org/news/us-solar-m...ns-reach-16-gw

Which industries do you think Trump will encourage to the same degree?
My point is that presidents have a lot of say in what gets done. Don't be hating on Trump because he thinks Amazon needs to be reigned in. This is what presidents do -- they favor friendly companies and do the reverse with unfriendly ones. Next time your side should work a little harder to win the electoral college if you don't like it.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:30 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Quote:
My point is that presidents have a lot of say in what gets done. Don't be hating on Trump because he thinks Amazon needs to be reigned in. This is what presidents do -- they favor friendly companies and do the reverse with unfriendly ones. Next time your side should work a little harder to win the electoral college if you don't like it.
Oh we will! Two and a half years from now, DUMP TRUMP signs will pepper the landscape!

Old 04-05-2018, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Next time your side should work harder to not nominate a petty, vindictive, narcissistic man who acts like a spoiled 6 year old brat for POTUS.

And no, nothing to do with politics, I've thought Trump a jackass con-man for 35+ years, both as a (D) and an (R), the reality is he cares about himself and little else.

BTW, Amazon IS friendly to its customers, being friendly to a blowhard POTUS shouldn't affect its ability to do business.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:41 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,400,728 times
Quote:
I see what people mean when they talk about Trump voters wanting a
daddy king to tell all of us what is good or bad!!

Next time you guys should choose a candidate with
a good education and less of a chip on his shoulder
and get going on reining in this imbecile of a president you
and Russia saddled us with.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:42 AM

1,675 posts, read 576,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What I don't read above is anything factual corroborating your first three allegations.

And RE: #4, what makes Amazon any different (other than Trump's personal vendetta) than the no doubt thousands of other companies that have done the same?
There are plenty of documentaries, and news reports to support my first 3 points. Amazon has been fined millions of dollars in europe for unfair competition and is constantly being accused of badly treating its employees. The best documentary I saw about amazon was in french, they usually make excellent investigative reports, but there are plenty of info if you only search google. I don't have to prove anything to anybody; I was stating what I know to be the truth.

Old 04-05-2018, 11:49 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Quote:
There are plenty of documentaries, and news reports to support my first 3 points. Amazon has been fined millions of dollars in europe for unfair competition and is constantly being accused of badly treating its employees. The best documentary I saw about amazon was in french which make excelent investigative reports, but there are plenty of info if you only search google. I don't have to prove anything to anybody; I was stating what I know to be the truth.
What you know to be the truth may not be the real truth! Amazon has corrected many of the abysmal working conditions in most of their warehouses, which did exist a few years back. Are you sure that everything is just peachy for the employees at Mar-A-Lago too, and they're enjoying their high pay and great benefits, as well as being actual citizens?

Old 04-05-2018, 11:57 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Next time your side should work harder to not nominate a petty, vindictive, narcissistic man who acts like a spoiled 6 year old brat for POTUS.

And no, nothing to do with politics, I've thought Trump a jackass con-man for 35+ years, both as a (D) and an (R), the reality is he cares about himself and little else.

BTW, Amazon IS friendly to its customers, being friendly to a blowhard POTUS shouldn't affect its ability to do business.
Well, unfortunately there weren't any other business people who were running. That left us with the usual assortment of establishment trash RINO's, all of whom would have lost to Hillary.

So we were stuck with Trump for better or worse. There was no choice but to vote for The Donald, if you didn't want to see Hillary march in there, shattering her glass ceilings, or whatever other crap her supporters were saying.

Old 04-05-2018, 12:01 PM

Quote:
There are plenty of documentaries, and news reports to support my first 3 points. Amazon has been fined millions of dollars in europe for unfair competition and is constantly being accused of badly treating its employees. The best documentary I saw about amazon was in french, they usually make excellent investigative reports, but there are plenty of info if you only search google. I don't have to prove anything to anybody; I was stating what I know to be the truth.

So, we're supposed to accept accusation as guilt?

No thanks, that's not the way we work, at least in America.

I can only go by my own dealings with Amazon which have been very honest, fair, and supported by great customer service. I've seen little indication of integrity/honesty in Trump's well documented hidtory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies