Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 09:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

Wow so even when Asians are racist it’s white people’s fault ?

This type of propaganda is very dangerous .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2018, 09:11 AM

29,508 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Let's not stray too far from the original topic, folks.

We get it that racism is not exclusive to any race, ethnicity, or nationality.

However, the discussion point is an article from an Asian American woman blaming anti black attitudes of some Asians in America on several factors including negative media portrayals of blacks in the media, the concept of equating white with being successful and good, etc. Those could be legitimate reasons, sure.

But notably missing in the article, is any mention of anti Asian racist crimes perpetuated by blacks. You have Asian students being beaten up in Philadelphia, Asians being victimized by theft and assault, etc., usually swept under the rug. Why is that not a legitimate reason for some Asians in America to develop negative attitudes towards blacks? I'm not saying it's right, but is it not a valid talking point?

And that's because Asian Americans like the author are too afraid to say the un P.C. truth, and would rather themselves gloss over such anti Asian hate crimes in the belief of some imaginary coalition of people of color in America that fights together against 'white racism/imperalism.'

Utter nonsense.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:12 AM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Let's not stray too far from the original topic, folks.

We get it that racism is not exclusive to any race, ethnicity, or nationality.

However, the discussion point is an article from an Asian American woman blaming anti black attitudes of some Asians in America on several factors including negative media portrayals of blacks in the media, the concept of equating white with being successful and good, etc. Those could be legitimate reasons, sure.

But notably missing in the article, is any mention of anti Asian racist crimes perpetuated by blacks. You have Asian students being beaten up in Philadelphia, Asians being victimized by theft and assault, etc., usually swept under the rug. Why is that not a legitimate reason for someAsians in America to develop negative attitudes towards blacks? I'm not saying it's right, but is it not a valid talking point?

And that's because Asian Americans like the author are too afraid to say the un P.C. truth, and would rather themselves gloss over such anti Asian hate crimes in the belief of some imaginary coalition of people of color in America that fights together against white racism/imperalism.

Utter nonsense.
Sometimes common sense is labeled racism too.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:13 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
But in America, where asians are specifically targeted for hate crimes and crimes in general by some blacks, that seems like a lot more of a legitimate reason for some asians in america to adopt anti black attitudes, than 'learning' it from whites.

The fact is that hate crimes against Asians in America by blacks are either downplayed or made out to be something ludicrous like 'cultural' differences, or in a perverse twist, blamed on the asian because they were rude or something, instead of being called out for what it is.

Now I know the majority of black people aren't like this, they are law abiding good people, but let's not sugar coat this whole issue that only makes it worse with ridiculous articles like these.
This is what I don't get why black people and their supporters can't seem to understand and accept not just for asians, but for non-black people in general. Namely most times if non-black people have negative feelings and perceptions towards black people its most likely because of their BEHAVIOR and NOT because of their skin color. IE If any other group of people behaved in that manner, people would feel the same towards them too.

But somehow anytime you should DARE call them out on their behavior and how it makes you feel it immediately gets labeled as racism and bigotry. IE Forget trying to ask them to take responsibility for their actions and words, lets just pretend they can do no wrong and that they are ALWAYS above criticism because that would be 'racist'.

As for this article, this just seems like another 'blame whitey' piece that attempts to explain why even other minorities aren't so fond of black people, because you know it HAS TO BE white people involved in brainwashing people to be 'anti-black'.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:14 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,831,699 times
Asians are good at math and have the highest IQ of any race.

They understand the significance of 3% of the population committing 50% of violent crime in this country.

If only the l!btards paid more attention in school.

Last edited by Colorado^; 04-05-2018 at 10:00 AM..

Old 04-05-2018, 09:16 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
hmmm, Learned discrimination is a two way street.

If certain minorities stopped targeting Asians specifically for beatings and robberies maybe Asians wouldn't have such negative feelings against those minorities.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0cb7715bfd3d4

The Huffington Post disgusts me. They are nothing but a far left, race, baiting, anti-American site. I could throw up every time I read anything they write. One of the reasons I didn't read the above link.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Baloney. The first time I witnessed public racism was in Canada at a hockey tournament for 14 year old kids.

I was shocked at what I heard people yell at black players from the Twin Cities by Canadians.
I am sorry to hear that. I suspect it was in a community that wasn't use to seeing kids of color at the time.

We came from Toronto area & we never had any issue with kids of color on the ice.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:20 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The Huffington Post disgusts me. They are nothing but a far left, race, baiting, anti-American site. I could throw up every time I read anything they write. One of the reasons I didn't read the above link.
It seems a race war is their ultimate goal .

Old 04-05-2018, 10:22 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Gives a whole new meaning to the tide pod challenge.

Old 04-05-2018, 10:57 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
That black guy is so much cuter than that asian guy in the video.

Not saying asian guys are not attractive, but my preference is somebody look more European. Is it racist? lol

I don't think asians are more racist, nor do I believe they learn racism from white folks. LOL

I love Asian culture and Asian people, but there are some racist Asians. I don't think they need to look down on black folks, they are all minorities, so why bother looking down on somebody just like you? lol Makes no sense.

Also, they seem to hate each other the most! LOL In my opinion, japanese are not so much better than their neighbors, this kind of mentality is what got their ass kicked during ww2, sigh, why not facing reality and take a lesson from the Germans? But then again, let's not pretend any other Asians are so much better, all right? They are not some fragile little victim flowers either LOL

Also, when my sister started dating my future brother in law (who is a black dude) Oh my God, the racist remarks she heard from black women.. I don't even need to repeat. Let's not pretend minorities cannot be racists, okay? Look at yourself in the mirror first before blaming others.

Racists are only responsible for their own behaviors. Don't blame the white folks. It is not the answer.

As a mixed race girl, I've never really experienced any racism or heard any racist remarks. Maybe I am just lucky. My aunt is the only one who is not okay with my sister dating my black future brother in law. She is a white woman and she is also a very loving woman who is so loved by me. She is not a racist, just like all parents, she expressed her concerns. That is all.

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 04-05-2018 at 11:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies