Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Was 9/11 an INSIDE JOB?!
1: YES: It was an Inside Job 62 38.04%
2: No: Al-Qaeeda Did it 95 58.28%
3: Let me do a little research first before deciding. 6 3.68%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:24 AM

23,854 posts, read 24,091,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
oh, how I love the internet

here is a great website, which raises questions....and unanswered questions usually lead to indecissions....

I would also like to add....If JFK was not assissenated by our own country men, then why did the warren commission lock up all the files? Also, the single bullet theory, invented by our very own Arlan Specter, was absolutely insane....then, Bobby was hit...and if you still questioned after that..well, the real world then, doesn't exist. That family had way to many terrible murders happen to be simply coincidental or at the hand of a maniac killer. Sorry...it doesn't hold water

Abraham Lincoln
You're off topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 10:34 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Why did we end up in Iraq, when the target was originally Afghanistan?
and most of Al-Qaeeda that seemingly were involved in the 9/11 attacks were Arab?
Because Al-Queda had terrorists camps IN Iraq.. Please follow along with the rest of the class.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:35 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, it would include SOME politicians.
Does it HAVE to be ALL politicians or ALL non-politicians? Can you imagine that they ALL weren't one thing or another???

What other agenda is there?... more money, more power.
I agree, it would have to be a mixture that would include significant numbers of people with some being at very high levels. I still have the question of how they got those people to all agree on this and how they kept it quiet.

Old 03-28-2008, 10:45 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Oh, creamy, creamy, creamy... Where do I begin?

That's where you're wrong, creamy. In my experience in communicating with people online on this topic, the people who are convinced that some sort of conspiracy within our government was responsible are almost exclusively either Bush haters or government-in-general haters. Very, very few of them wouldn't fit one of those two categories. And it has nothing to do with thinking differently from me, or thinking outside the box. Look around at the other threads I've posted in - I haven't suggested it about anyone until this thread, regardless of whether or not they agree with me. As for thinking outside the box - I'm an engineer. Thinking "outside the box" is not only a Good Thing in my profession, it's often a requirement if a project is to be completed.

Hi there....well, communicating with people on line and out there, doesn't represent or isn't even near equivelent to the the entire world...I mean, you don't know everybody, do you?

and my name isn't creamy, it's creme....

Your statement above couldn't have been more wrong. You just can't handle the fact that there's a sane, rational, intelligent and analytical person out there who doesn't agree with you. You, creamy, are the one pigeonholing anyone who doesn't agree with you. Not me.

Nope, now, that statement is wrong...I can handle the fact that people have different views and opinions...a whole lot of us in here are sane, rational, intelligent, analytical and beautiful to... I'm in here for the learning....if someone doesn't agree with me, that's good, cuz maybe they have a lot of information to bring to the table, that I didn't know about...yanno? Love people who are intelligent...why? Because they teach me a lot....not to mention....love to pick their brains....

Who ever said I wasn't "able to consider" the possibility? The thing is, it's six and a half years later, creamy. I considered it. I considered all of the different scenarios that were floating around for the first couple of years. As I said before, I did my own research (instead of letting people like Rense do it for me) and drew my own conclusions. Sorry to burst your bubble again, creamy.

Well, then, bravo...I'm glad to hear you are flexable and stand corrected....the reason I responded to you was basically because I thought you were curt and rude in some of your comments, before.....and I'm willing to say, I was wrong....if you weren't.

I to consider all that's floating around...and please, don't fret, you can't burst my bubble...it's deflatable.

Not sure what "see so angry" means - maybe there's an "m" missing in there? Anyway, I don't condemn anyone for speaking their thoughts. You're free to say whatever you like. Get yourself a megaphone and head down to Time Square if you like. Welcome to America, where we have that wonderful freedom. Keep in mind that just as you're free to spout your opinion, I am also free to say it's ridiculous (which, in this case, it is).

Seem.....
well, if you don't condemn anyone for their thoughts, a few posts back you were a little testy....

Like I said, shout it on a street corner if you like. I have no authority to "allow" or disallow people to believe whatever they like, and never claimed that I did. You better be prepared, though, to have your ideas challenged if you're going to be stating them in a public forum such as this. That goes for any opinion on any topic. Who's really condemning who here?

Oh yes, I do know about posting something out there...and welcome controvery as long as it's done with complete honesty and respect....I welcome the challenge and the debate...love it really. What I don't like is when others condiscend a person's character because we disagree...very immature...and surely doesn't give anyone the flexability to continue the discussion if someone is going to call them insane because of their beliefs.

Here we have another prime example of you making an assumption and pigeonholing someone just because they don't agree with you. Why do you say that I am "obviously republican"? Nothing - at all - in my posts in this thread indicates any party affiliation whatsoever. I guess having an opinion that's in line with "the official story" automagically makes me a republican. Who's really condemning who here?

Well, are you republican? and yes, I admit, I did assume, but, you could be very conservative as well....? Beats me...come on, let the cat outa the bag...

LOL! Here comes the pin-prick that's going to burst your WTC-size bubble... I've never voted for a Republican presidential candidate. Not in '04. Not in '00. Not in any of the previous elections I was proud to cast my vote in. It appears that your entire argument condemning me was based on this premise, and you were completely wrong.

GASPING HERE....GWAD, I feel so foolish..... Man oh man, your really dead set on bursting my imaginary bubble and setting me free adrift on the wind...and, oh, by the way, no, I don't think I'm completely wrong, just maybe not as right as I thought I was....

Hang on a second. Where's my anger? Quote anything from any of my posts in this thread that's demonstrating anger. You can't, because it doesn't exist. This thread is nothing but pure entertainment for me. I know that I'm not going to have an effect on you or anyone else in the "government conspiracy" camp. I'm posting in this thread because it's amusing - that's it. There's no honest debate taking place here. Your ilk are using it as a sounding board to rattle off the same stuff that's been circulating for the past three or four years, most (if not all) of which has been thoroughly debunked, and my ilk are making fun of you, because it's, well, fun!
You seemed to come across very angry....mean, and intollerent of the feelings of others...sorry, I do stand corrected, but, maybe it's a good thing we all point that out to one another now and then...yanno, cuz we can't see each others faces....Glad your having fun.... well, thanks for setting me straight....creme

Last edited by cremebrulee; 03-28-2008 at 10:59 AM..

Old 03-28-2008, 02:05 PM

1,868 posts, read 5,680,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I just had to point this out...

If we can't trust you to count to five without screwing up, how are we supposed to take anything you have to say seriously??
Bush can't speak basic english half the time...but we are suppose to take him seriously????

I don't think these "terrorists" hate our freedom..they hate what we do with our freedoms.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:53 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,136,452 times
Swagger, let's just say that we won't agree on this issue, ever. To resort to rude insults like you have on this thread is utterly despicable.

Whatever ugly thoughts you have there in Las Vegas, let them stay in Las Vegas.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Swagger, let's just say that we won't agree on this issue, ever. To resort to rude insults like you have on this thread is utterly despicable.
"Utterly despicable" is pretty strong language for the fun I was poking.

Despite a little good natured ribbing, I think I brought up some very valid points, and I'd like for you to address them. If you're really here to discuss the topic and not to just rant, you should be willing to take a little flack to discuss it. As I'm sure you're already aware, your position is not widely held and draws fire from a lot of people. You had to know this before you first hit that "reply" button, so why back out now?

Point 1: While it would have taken some time and careful planning, the attacks of September 11, 2001 could have been pulled off by a small group of dedicated individuals and did not require the knowledge or cooperation of the United States government.

Point 2: Using an airplane as a weapon is not unprecedented.

Point 3: Multiple, simultaneous attacks are al Qaeda's calling card.

Point 4: The planners of the Pentagon construction would have naturally begun the hardening upgrades on the side of the building that was most vulnerable to the type of attack they were intended to protect against.

Point 5: The attacks of September 11, 2001 are the most investigated and scrutinized in history.

You're here to discuss the theory, right? These points were in direct response to your post, so I would assume you'd have responses with which to defend your position.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:19 AM

270 posts, read 570,672 times
how is it the most investigated incident in history,if the 9-11 commission didnt even mention building 7??larry silverstein admitted they "pulled it",It would take thousands of government people to pull it off,but 19 hijackers pulled it off? so which one is it??

Old 03-29-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostbuyer View Post
how is it the most investigated incident in history,if the 9-11 commission didnt even mention building 7??larry silverstein admitted they "pulled it",It would take thousands of government people to pull it off,but 19 hijackers pulled it off? so which one is it??
I hate it when I have to repeat myself. I'll save you the trouble of actually reading my previous post this time, but next time you'll have to actually do some research yourself, which if you had done in the first place, you probably wouldn't hold the opinion that you do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger
Did I mention the 9/11 Commission once? Don't bother looking - I can answer for you. No, I didn't.

One doesn't need to be part of a "commission" to investigate something. Every reporter in the world was investigating this - all of them wanting to be the next Woodward or Bernstein. More news articles were written about it than anything else - ever. Were they all just copies of each other? Of course not - they were articles written by journalists investigating the events. There are a remarkable number of books written about it - a search on Amazon.com for "9/11" returns almost 300,000 results in the "Books" category.

No, sorry. "Thoroughly investigated" is not subjective in this instance. There can be no doubt that more investigation has been done on this than any other single event in history. Period.
Quote:
so which one is it??
19 hijackers.

Old 03-29-2008, 01:25 PM

270 posts, read 570,672 times
obviously we have different opinions,but let me ask you this,how do you feel about the war games (hijack exercises) going on simultaneously with real world attacks??dont you find it akward ,strange,unbelievable ,or just mere coincidence??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies