Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 01:43 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,102,488 times

Advertisements

This PTA propaganda originated from this site: Curriculum for White Americans to Educate Themselves on Race and Racism–from Ferguson to Charleston | Citizenship and Social Justice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 01:48 PM

1,316 posts, read 748,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
It's boilerplate Marxist indoctrination... the creation of oppressed and the oppressor.

Dude, it's not.

How can you say that African Americans haven't been oppressed in this country? How? And, actually, talking about white privilege doesn't make anyone an oppressor. It just gives a framework on how to overcome it. Now, if the idea was to create an oppressed & oppressor, I think the last way to accomplish that is to make available ways to overcome it.

Old 04-07-2018, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So demonizing White's as privileged to impressionable children by using them as the MESSENGER is not something to complain about? What they are doing is creating animosity, self loathing, and guilt which is already prevalent in Progressives.

I am not demonized by acknowledging a historical and broad structure of racism. It's all around us, and it has more impact on some than others. It's not self-loathing for me to say that there are white supremacy groups in the US. It's not creating animosity for me to say it needs to be discussed. I am not guilty about what happened before me. But I still see racism. And white privelege still exists, and we are all big enough to talk about it in order to eradicate it. Well, some aren't, obviously, and need to be coddled and treated with gentle care. It's sad to have so many too sensitive to talk about race relations without getting all frothed up & bothered.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
It’s only gonna get worse

Old 04-07-2018, 02:05 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebeemi View Post
I am not demonized by acknowledging a historical and broad structure of racism. It's all around us, and it has more impact on some than others. It's not self-loathing for me to say that there are white supremacy groups in the US. It's not creating animosity for me to say it needs to be discussed. I am not guilty about what happened before me. But I still see racism. And white privelege still exists, and we are all big enough to talk about it in order to eradicate it. Well, some aren't, obviously, and need to be coddled and treated with gentle care. It's sad to have so many too sensitive to talk about race relations without getting all frothed up & bothered.
It doesn't exist. It is a made up social construct.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
It doesn't exist. It is a made up social construct.
No, sweetie, it's not. It may not affect you personally, but it does exist. It's like any other truth--it doesn't matter if you agree, it's still true. It's like the ocean--it's still there, even if you've never been to it. You can deny it all you like, but all of us who KNOW the ocean exists will just look at you and wonder what's missing. And to say, "Nope, it's all made up!" isn't going to work.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:28 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
No, sweetie, it's not. It may not affect you personally, but it does exist. It's like any other truth--it doesn't matter if you agree, it's still true. It's like the ocean--it's still there, even if you've never been to it. You can deny it all you like, but all of us who KNOW the ocean exists will just look at you and wonder what's missing. And to say, "Nope, it's all made up!" isn't going to work.
No, it's completely made up. If you want an apt analogy using the ocean, it's like the flat earth theory. People believed you could sail to the edge of the world and just fall off. Completely made up, but a lot of people at one time believed it. Same with the social construct "white privilege." It's really a shame schools waste time peddling such nonsense.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:29 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Dude, it's not.

How can you say that African Americans haven't been oppressed in this country? How? And, actually, talking about white privilege doesn't make anyone an oppressor. It just gives a framework on how to overcome it. Now, if the idea was to create an oppressed & oppressor, I think the last way to accomplish that is to make available ways to overcome it.
Such as "check your privilege"?

Again, "white privilege" is just an insidious rebranding of the same old tired divide and conquer strategy, accomplished by dividing people into the oppressed and the oppressor.

The only difference, the postmodern cultural Marxists are dividing along race instead of economic class.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:31 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Such as "check your privilege"?

Again, "white privilege" is just an insidious rebranding of the same old tired divide and conquer strategy, accomplished by dividing people into the oppressed and the oppressor.

The only difference, the postmodern cultural Marxists are dividing along race instead of economic class.
Well they divide along economic class also, as well as gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and any other difference they want to exploit. Saul Alinsky learned well from Marx.

Old 04-07-2018, 02:38 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Well they divide along economic class also, as well as gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and any other difference they want to exploit. Saul Alinsky learned well from Marx.
One saving grace, I'm seeing more and more black people speak of how annoying and condescending these SJWs are... there's hope on the horizon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies