Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 11:13 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,097,932 times

Advertisements

This woman most likely would've been assumed to be a terrorist if she lawfully carried in public, sadly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 11:53 PM

7,442 posts, read 6,978,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No witnesses.

Chances are many would have labeled her a terrorist if she shot him.
She had a "witness." Her passenger.

Follow the story. The one who talked the crazy racist white knife wielding guy who almost hit her car but didn't back into his SUV after she got out to check on the damage from the near accident that didn't happen.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:02 AM

36,857 posts, read 17,266,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
And similarly we won't get the 'this doesn't represent all Muslims' crowd coming here to comment either if it was a Muslim man stabbing a white woman.

As for this story, lets wait for more evidence before jumping to conclusions. In the video the reporter says the woman was 'targeted', but after reading the article it seems like there was a near accident, man came back to confront her, supposedly said some derogatory things to her and then took out a knife and then who knows what else happened and what else was said. And who knows maybe the man was angry and perceived that she almost hit him and he came back to confront her and said some derogatory things in the heat of the moment. Guess we'll have to see if there's more info later on.

Maybe wait for more details to come out, but it could've been an accidental cut. IE the story said the man was hitting her with the knife handle on the shoulder and arms and perhaps she tried to defend herself and got cut in the process.
It still would have been an attack though.

Also, it's quite possible it was road rage and when the man identified the characteristics of the woman he simply went on a slur-spree in his personal quest for revenge. I'm not defending him by any means but if it was truly road rage when he exited his vehicle he would have thrown the slur book at whatever stood in front of him (black, Hispanic, overweight, elderly, etc). Then he decided to attack.

Either way, if the story holds, he's a lowlife.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:05 AM

36,857 posts, read 17,266,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Perhaps someone driving past the scene will come forward with more information.
We'll see. Right now we only have the alleged victim and her passenger to hear the details from.

I don't like CAIR being involved and even offering a reward. It raises my suspicions. Again, I'd distance myself from them if I was the victim. They're a terrorist group.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:35 AM

15,484 posts, read 10,414,724 times
This is road rage in Houston, not London. What the heck was wrong with him, where was his gun.

Old 04-07-2018, 03:40 AM

38,615 posts, read 26,270,657 times
OK, so let's see where we are on this one.

Early morning...apparently no eye-witnesses to verify the story.

Almost sideswiped her vehicle...no physical evidence to pursue.

A single non-life threatening injury made by a knife that seems to have disappeared with the attacker that no one saw.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-07-2018 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 04-07-2018, 07:42 AM

309 posts, read 244,535 times
MUTGR , Suburban_Guy and momonkey:

Please contact Houston police department, seems like you guys have some more information on the lack of authenticity of this woman's story.

For those who would like to "wait for more evidence", would you say the same thing if the attacker was Muslim and the victim a white woman?

Yes, as of now, we only have her words and nothing else so we should wait for more evidence but that should always be the case, not just when the attacker is white male.

Thanks,

Old 04-07-2018, 08:06 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,339,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The hijab wearing woman made up this story in 5, 4, 3...
It wouldn't be the first time, would it. Or second, or third...Aesop had a story about that a couple thousand years ago.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:14 AM

19,764 posts, read 12,001,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Puck View Post
MUTGR , Suburban_Guy and momonkey:

Please contact Houston police department, seems like you guys have some more information on the lack of authenticity of this woman's story.

For those who would like to "wait for more evidence", would you say the same thing if the attacker was Muslim and the victim a white woman?

Yes, as of now, we only have her words and nothing else so we should wait for more evidence but that should always be the case, not just when the attacker is white male.

Thanks,
Yes, many would say that no matter the victim. You are the one who seems to have an agenda.

Old 04-07-2018, 08:20 AM

6,446 posts, read 4,024,284 times
I’ll wait for more evidence though, as the only thing I find it hard to believe is it happened in Houston. Don’t know the exact area but if it happened here the chances that this guy doesn’t encounter Muslims on at least a monthly basis is pretty low.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hist...ans_in_Houston Their is over 100,000 Pakistani Muslims in Houston and when you throw in Indian Muslims which with Pakistani make up 70% of Muslims in the Houston area. In my county we are talking 3-4% Muslim at least, and Harris we are talking at least 1% Muslim, meaning if your a virulent racists and you see 100 people or more everyday you will be seeing Muslims especially anywhere in SW Houston or Fort Bend County on almost a daily basis that seeing a Muslim shouldn’t trigger you. Unless of course the person was taken. By anger and attacked anyway.

Although I’m not really representative as my best bud for he last 7-8+ years is a Pakistani dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies