Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 10:35 PM

50,079 posts, read 46,654,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Even real criminals in prison get healthcare at our expense but as long as they are legal that washes it in your view?

No "American citizen's medical needs are being neglected in liberal cities due to the illegal aliens". which is a bold faced lie.

I don't support illegal immigration but your hatred for them is appalling to say the least.
Actually, it sounds like you do. We are the world stuff ends when you can't find people to pay for it. If you want to donate your life savings to helping those that come here illegally? Bless our heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2018, 10:36 PM

31,877 posts, read 14,860,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
If a business can't stay afloat without paying a legal wage they fail. Destroy our economy ha ha ha and ha. Pay the neighbor kid a few bucks more vs your illegal servants.
The neighbor kid doesn't want to work in the fields. They want better. You can laugh all you want but it will destroy our economy. Tell me why we have H2B visas instead of employing our own. We should ask Trump since he doesn't employ americans in mar a largo.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The neighbor kid doesn't want to work in the fields. They want better. You can laugh all you want but it will destroy our economy. Tell me why we have H2B visas instead of employing our own. We should ask Trump since he doesn't employ americans in mar a largo.
This is nothing new. Both sides are exploiting this cheap labor and you and I are picking up the tab. I for one am sick of it. If you want to donate to these businesses feel free. I'll choose American even if it costs more. Pay more than slave wages our own will do it, but people, not saying you, don't want to.

Old 04-06-2018, 10:49 PM

31,877 posts, read 14,860,925 times
Quote:
This is nothing new. Both sides are exploiting this cheap labor and
you and I are picking up the tab. I for one am sick of it. If you want to donate to these businesses feel free. I'll choose American even if it costs more. Pay more than slave wages our own will do it, but people, not saying you, don't want to.
And are you sick of picking up the tab for people who don't have health insurance. Our costs go up because of them.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:02 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,721,252 times
Quote:
Who are going to work the farms. Do you think any american want these jobs. Don't be so narrow minded. It will destroy our economy without these workers

Evidently, you haven't heard that these people are " stealing OUR jobs". I don't know about you, but my dream job is to work in the hot sun for 12-14 hours a day, picking fruit and vegetables. Or, doing lawn maintenance in the same broiling sun. Plus, those jobs pay Yuge money, and the benefits are terrific.

Yep, as soon as we get rid of all these illegals, we Americans can finally get a piece of the pie and move up to these cushy jobs.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
And are you sick of picking up the tab for people who don't have health insurance. Our costs go up because of them.
It sounds like you are making a great case for the wall, and/or more border patrol. I agree.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:19 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,570,755 times
Quote:
It sounds like you are making a great case for the wall, and/or more border patrol. I agree.
A wall isn't going to stop illegals until American employers stop hiring them.

You are barking up the wrong tree.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:48 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,667,389 times
Quote:
Who are going to work the farms. Do you think any american want these jobs. Don't be so narrow minded. It will destroy our economy without these workers
as i recall most migratory farm workers have legal visas so they can pick crops in the US.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:11 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,076,248 times
Quote:
You obviously don't live in a border town. My last stint with ER was ten hours with my lil girl and it was packed with non English speakers. I'm sure they were just all here on vaca even though none of them had insurance when asked in Spanish.
We speak Spanish so we can talk in our own circle because for some of us it's easier. Legal BTW..

Old 04-07-2018, 12:12 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,076,248 times
Automation will kill the illegal workforce, and the American. So we can all be in the same boat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies