Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 12:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I cannot disagree.

AND - I saw on Meet the Press that both liberals and conservatives love watching HGTV. So there is something we agree on.
What's the thing that drives you statists crazy about us non-statists to the point of hatred?

Our refusal to go along with you and kill 500K Iraqi civilians for s*its and giggles?

We get upset when you stick an AR15 in our face after we try to buy/sell unpasteurized milk from our neighbor?

Our 6ft-1inch fences are 1 inch too high and we should be fined or caged for the crime against humanity?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:23 PM

1,330 posts, read 699,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Utter nonsense! No one owned this land and all of our ancestors migrated here when there were no immigration laws. Even the Amerindians migrated here. No one was illegal back then.
Lol. So you're not going to even defend the fact that a lot of the land was forcibly taken? Ok, fine. There was no "laws" or "establishment," but it didn't make it any more right for us to take their land than for someone from Mexico or China to come and live on our land now.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:27 PM

4 posts, read 1,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Wow, if so Sam Houston fought the Alamo so you could **** it away to Mexico....
Impressive argument. A+

Old 04-08-2018, 12:28 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,833,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
We have so many disagreements, but what is one thing we can all be on the same page about?
(this should go well)..
Both sides worship money first constituents second.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:32 PM

4 posts, read 1,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You think that's something everyone agrees on? You really don't see anything outside the liberal bubble.

1) Coming to North America wasn't illegal, there were no laws against it.
2) The "Native Americans" sold the land to the settlers and thought they were scamming them.
Lol wut? What history book did you fail to read?

Old 04-08-2018, 12:32 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
What's the thing that drives you statists crazy about us non-statists to the point of hatred?

Our refusal to go along with you and kill 500K Iraqi civilians for s*its and giggles?

We get upset when you stick an AR15 in our face after we try to buy/sell unpasteurized milk from our neighbor?

Our 6ft-1inch fences are 1 inch too high and we should be fined or caged for the crime against humanity?

Inquiring minds want to know.

-Or collect rainwater in barrels.
-Or ingest a substance which with they disagree.
-Or exchange in voluntary transactions with other consenting people without paying a tribute.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:49 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
With recent developments regarding trade wars and all, I see signs that both sides are starting to agree that Trump is unfit to be president.
Only some Republicans are seeing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You do that. I work 6 days a week and Sunday is my only day off.
I only work a few days a week generally but it is very tiring so I definitely work hard and the rest of the week my brain is working too much. Sleep? What's that? I might get it but it's not quality because before I fall asleep my brain is going 100 miles an hour thinking about various things. As of right now, I'm still thinking about how to do this that and the other while writing this post.

I need a new job but finding another job is a job itself especially for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I was hoping to see one comment about what both sides can agree on is that we are all American's first, and we all want what's best for our country.
I'm not even sure about that.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:54 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
While we might have some racial strife and economic inequality, we are not running around butchering each other to the point of being of separate "nations" like the Indian tribes were.
God willing it will never come to that based on our laws, founding document and principles, and the fact we are more civilized.
It's as if you forget about the Civil War, which had a LOT to do with Texas and all of that....the Big Question of whether the civilized people you refer to were allowed to buy and sell human beings and use their labor and future generations for the good of the aristocracy.

WWII is fairly recent enough in history...and we are still dealing with the results (Russia, etc.), so acting as if we've learned our lesson seems premature.

If you are talking about smaller "tribes", much of the world - even large countries called "democracies" function in that manner. Again, this was due to that being the way that worked best in many environments.

In terms of agreeing on something, I could suggest "That diplomacy is far preferable to the alternative", but I don't think that is true any longer when people cheer a John Bolton and seem so excited to go to war.

I think we might get to 90% agreeing on something or another.
As my neighbor mentioned today, people don't even care about their kids or grandkids any longer - the proof being increasing debt and deficit when it is not needed as well as converting the Environmental Protection Agency to the Environmental Pollution Agency. To think that people would cheer more disease, pollution and debt for their future generations is just mind-boggling....yet they do.

Also, it's not about Republicans and Democrats because the number of Independents is so much larger. There are not just two sides. Some issues have a dozen sides. Some have one.

It's OK to disagree. A deeper look into why...and how one proposes to solve the current problems seems much more important to our posterity. It's not going to look good to future generation that we cared more about the "fight" than the results.

Old 04-08-2018, 03:16 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The leftist media will try to convince you that it is the (R's) who went hard right, but in reality it is the (D's) who went hard left.
Are you sure about that?

1956 Republican Platform

1. Provide federal assistance to low-income communities;
2. Protect Social Security;
3. Provide asylum for refugees;
4. Extend minimum wage;
5. Improve unemployment benefit system so it covers more people;
6. Strengthen labor laws so workers can more easily join a union;
7. Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of sex.

It's the Repubs who have moved right. The Tea Party had a strategic goal of defeating all of the Republican moderates in the primaries and nominating ideologues. Their plan worked. That is well documented and it's why moderate Republicans are pretty much extinct.

Old 04-08-2018, 03:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
-Or collect rainwater in barrels.
-Or ingest a substance which with they disagree.
-Or exchange in voluntary transactions with other consenting people without paying a tribute.
Not the dreaded rainwater in barrels!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies