Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2018, 08:10 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,274,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Are you really going to compare one off-hand comment to years of threats?

Her comment was ill-advised in the current political climate, but your buddy Ted has been saying much more inflammatory things for years.
How many times has Ted carried through with any of his threats? Zero?

So his track record is pretty poor.

The other person? What's their track record?

If someone makes regularly outrageous statements of intent but fails to act on any of them, then we know they're most likely empty claims. He's established a pattern of being a blowhard, with no action. Someone making the first such statement deserves far greater concern, as they have not compromised their credibility.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:14 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Making statements like this shows that he is mentally unbalanced and dangerous to the public. Anyone making these sorts of threats should be taken quite seriously by law enforcement, and he needs to be committed for a mental health evaluation at the very least. He could easily be the next Nikolas Cruz waiting to snap.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/07/polit...tes/index.html

Oh BS! Get over it! Did you read the signs and hear some of the chanting and ALL the rhetoric from those marchers? They were saying WAY worse than what Nugent said. The degrading, insulting, over the top c omparisons of ALL firearms owners to murderers like Cruz.

Hell, I've said wore than what Nugent said just yelling at the TV through those ignorant marches. Which is what they were. Ignorant, misinformed, spreading deliberate misinformation, name calling all the stuff Nugent is being called on here only far far WORSE!

Naaa. Nuge was alright . I agree with him. And no, I'm not a violent person at all. I have had to use a firearm in defense of my life against two legged varmints twice in my life and a few times against animal attacks. None of which did I enjoy or revel in regardless o how leftist rabbit people choose to paint such things, that because of blatant ignorance. Sheeesh!

Oh wow, could I go on, but time is short this morning....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 08:15 AM

6,224 posts, read 6,614,318 times
Quote:
I didn't see god's name on the Constitution, and I don't recall anything about firearms in the Ten Commandments or the Beatitudes.

Can you refresh my memory on where the scripture is found to support your claim? Or did god tell you that directly...?
Try seeing that the Founder's wrote this document under our nation, under one God, indivisible (til Obama divided it, ahem) & w/ LIBERTY & JUSTICE FOR ALL. Of course, libs want that removed so maybe Buddha or Allah can be substituted, I guess. C/mon wakeup America & smell the sewer pit rotting outside our front doors.

Who do you think wrote the 1789 Const.? Deists or not they believed in ONE God -- not just anyone proclaiming to be Him. Jefferson, Franklin, Madison, Hamilton, Paine & even Washington fit this category. Educate oneself a bit prior to spouting off stuff. The Right To Bear Arms is Biblical as well as Jesus said, sell thy cloak if need be, to be able to get thy sword. Gospel of Luke, 22:36 at the last Supper.

Obviously for the need to defend vs anti-Christian virtues, no? Or just to plow the fields??

Last edited by movintime; 04-08-2018 at 08:26 AM..

Old 04-08-2018, 08:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

If someone makes regularly outrageous statements of intent but fails to act on any of them, then we know they're most likely empty claims. He's established a pattern of being a blowhard, with no action. Someone making the first such statement deserves far greater concern, as they have not compromised their credibility.

Don't Tread On Me, has no teeth. Unless it can be backed up.
I suggest if you guys want him unarmed, you go take them from him.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:44 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Nugent is one of the reasons the Kids are going to win.
That's if eating tide pods or snorting condoms don't get them first...

Old 04-08-2018, 08:50 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

So in this twisted perspective - Harris is more dangerous than Nugent. One must certainly have to ignore reality to get to this point.

IF one 'regularly makes threats to shoot up schools but fails to act on any of them' I guess we can just ignore it according to your theory

Old 04-08-2018, 08:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Again -- the kids doing that are probably the latest Nugent fans.

The ones marching, protesting, making political statements aren't the ones hanging out in Mom's basement with Tide pods and condoms.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:53 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Kids are snorting condoms now???

(Googling)

Oh boy.

Old 04-08-2018, 08:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Kids are snorting condoms now???

(Googling)

Oh boy.
Not at the marches -- the ones staying home hanging out in their parents' basement...doing whatever?

Old 04-08-2018, 08:55 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes, it is true that President Trump believes in such. Recall in February when he said, regarding potentially dangerous people, 'Take the gun first, go through due process second'?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/polit...ent/index.html
And?

Trump is a statist. Of course he believes in violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies