Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
One of the dumbest things we can do is have taxpayers supporting idle people who have nothing but time on their hands to get into trouble. The money it costs is the least of the problems."
If you don't support those people, they could be robbing you at gunpoint at some point. Desperate people do desperate things. I view the safety net as a crime suppressor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 01:24 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Too bad you didn't go into sales. You could have retired ten years earlier AND skip out on a college education altogether.

Or better yet, be born into a millionaire family and retire straight out of the womb!
We could have retired earlier, but we have expensive tastes... and two young kids

Old 04-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
If you don't support those people, they could be robbing you at gunpoint at some point. Desperate people do desperate things. I view the safety net as a crime suppressor
Pay us protection money or we'll rob you?

That's how the Mafia operate. I don't endorse my tax dollars supporting organized crime, even if it's the government doing the organizing.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:30 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamatomic View Post
Regarding the OP, I was disgruntled with the amount of vacation Bush and Obama took, in addition to Trump.

I think that there should be an annual vacation budget for each President, and once it is spent, they either don't take another vacation that year or it comes out of their own pocket (security costs and all).
Agreed. They can always vacation at Camp David.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Pay us protection money or we'll rob you?

That's how the Mafia operate. I don't endorse my tax dollars supporting organized crime, even if it's the government doing the organizing.
Point being is a starving person isn't just going to starve to death; and if they were employable, they wouldn't need welfare to being with. So they will steal food (or money for food), as people don't simply just lay back and die. And I don't feel like getting mugged because people like you want to end the safety net!

Old 04-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, this is a new thread? When I saw the title, I thought it was about Obama!

Obama had more people on food stamps than are currently receiving assistance, and he took some very expensive vacations, along with Mooch, who often spent millions on her own private trips.

I don't think President Trump's vacations are costing the taxpayers as much as Obama's. He often goes to Mar-a-Lago, which he owns. And he usually works while on vacation too. People who know him say he is a "workaholic." Even on the golf course, he is often conducting business, we're told.
Cost the taxpayers about 3.6 million per trip to Mar a Lago and Trump has gone their at least 100 times so far.

How much do Donald Trump's trips to Mar-a-Lago cost? | PolitiFact

https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/22/polit...olf/index.html

Old 04-08-2018, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I wonder what Hannity would say about Trump going to Mar-A-Lago every weekend or visiting another of his properties every weekend?
So far, not a peep out of Hannity about Trump's lavish spending on the taxpayer dime.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Immoral-the scheme is funded with money taken by force (i.e.stolen)
Unconstitutional- nowhere within the constitution are any fed guvs welfare schemes authorized.
Unfortunately words on pieces of paper dont stop tyrants.
I would rather out taxes helped feed the hungry than to supplement a billionaires weekly expensive travel.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Point being is a starving person isn't just going to starve to death; and if they were employable, they wouldn't need welfare to being with. So they will steal food (or money for food), as people don't simply just lay back and die. And I don't feel like getting mugged because people like you want to end the safety net!
Plenty of people are working but still qualify for all sorts of welfare (due to suppressed wages). If we deport all 11+ million illegal aliens minimum wage will rise to the point they can look after themselves.

The rest we can feed with beans and rice (private charity can cover the rest).

The very FACT that soda is the #1 food stamp purchase just goes to show the extent of abuse with taxpayer funds.

If you have enough left over for soda, we're giving away too much.

Blind Freddy can see that the top taxpayers are subsidizing cheap labor and goods in the USA.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Plenty of people are working but still qualify for all sorts of welfare (due to suppressed wages). If we deport all 11+ million illegal aliens minimum wage will rise to the point they can look after themselves.

The rest we can feed with beans and rice (private charity can cover the rest).

The very FACT that soda is the #1 food stamp purchase just goes to show the extent of abuse with taxpayer funds.

If you have enough left over for soda, we're giving away too much.

Blind Freddy can see that the top taxpayers are subsidizing cheap labor and goods in the USA.
I don't know why you make such a big deal out of soda, it is cheap. You can get a 24 pack for like 6 bucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies