Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 06:08 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
This is exactly what I expected might happen when Trump was first elected. I said one of the most likely outcomes would be that once they had total control over the government, Trump and the Republican Party would embark on such an unprecedented orgy of regressive social policies, the majority of average Americans would finally have no choice but to see them for the corporate whores and sociopathic monsters they are and turn to the left. And it looks as though that is exactly what is happening.

The radicalization of the Democratic Party is astoundingly popular
Trump's slithering into The Oval Office has indeed drawn the covers back to expose the republican party for the useless sociopathic dung heap it has become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 06:11 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,607,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
You are in complete control over this country. Evangelical Christianity is all but our official state church these days. Amazing that isn't even enough for conservatives.
How are we in control of this country as it is? It is in total disarray & leftwing all over. We are under Judgement from the Creator & no way will that change. It is matter of time til He returns -- & then the Days of Noah too will return. But carry on w/ the oblivious belief that all is ok. Rome thought so til... til it fell!

Old 04-08-2018, 06:12 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
None of this thread's topic makes any sense. Period. The truth is, many folks in the Democrat Party are leaving that party because of its extremism and how they've moved so far left that old-time party members don't even recognize it. Some of them have even become Republicans. I think that, in a few years, we might see new political parties forming.

As for President Trump and Republican policies, they have helped Americans and are improving our standing in the world. No one is going to be drawn to left-wing initiatives, as we've all seen how disastrous they have become in recent years.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:19 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,663,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Only 2 parties in US.

Dems & RINO's.

No more conservative, Christian patriots really left in politics save but a handful.

Judgement from the Bible is upon the US. We are under God's Wrath & look out now from the Creator. We may personally not have done things to offend Thee -- but sure in heck did someone under his watch.
If one believes those things, I would say that "failure to be our brothers keepers" would be the phrase you are looking for.

When "patriots" vote against universal health care and enjoy having 10's of millions who aren't covered and even have to go bankrupt (or suffer and die younger) you know the End is Near.

One thing that is - or should be - certain. The world is always changing and - in a sense - moving forward. Maybe it's two steps forward and one back, but the result is still forwards...

When a percentage of the USA longs for the "good old days" of segregation, white power and adds to that a love of Russia and Oligarchs and Authoritarianism, then we are screwed royally.

Greed is the ultimate weapon in the Art of War and it doesn't take a lot of smarts for foreign entities like Russia and China to see that Greed can knock us down a few notches. In fact, it already has.

The sale old tired crowd will crow "Greed is Good", but I will country with "It takes a Village". What we need is less selfishness and more community and more caring. We have been given the tools to create a virtual paradise on earth...but we screw it up because we want MORE...even if it comes from indebting our grandchildren. There are hardly words for such selfishness.

Ask not what your country can do for you (tax cuts), but what you can do for your country (help people, pay taxes, be a good person).

Old 04-08-2018, 06:20 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,115,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump's slithering into The Oval Office has indeed drawn the covers back to expose the republican party for the useless sociopathic dung heap it has become.
We libertarians knew the GOP/RNC was a dung heap when we saw how they treated Ron Paul in 2008 and 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B39W91O-rUg

Old 04-08-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
As for President Trump and Republican policies, they have helped Americans and are improving our standing in the world. No one is going to be drawn to left-wing initiatives, as we've all seen how disastrous they have become in recent years.
-Huge deficits don't help Americans.
-Increasing the debt doesn't help Americans.
-Import taxes don't help Americans.
-Gun grabbing doesn't help Americans.
-Appointing warmongers doesn't help Americans.
-$1.3 trillion omnibus bills don't help Americans.

All (except Bolton) passed by a Republican Congress and signed by Trump.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:31 PM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
This is exactly what I expected might happen when Trump was first elected. I said one of the most likely outcomes would be that once they had total control over the government, Trump and the Republican Party would embark on such an unprecedented orgy of regressive social policies, the majority of average Americans would finally have no choice but to see them for the corporate whores and sociopathic monsters they are and turn to the left. And it looks as though that is exactly what is happening.

The radicalization of the Democratic Party is astoundingly popular
I pay full freight for my non-subsidized health insurance policy. I spent four hours.....four hours....getting an insurance company to reverse a one digit typo made by a clerk typing into the computer system so my doctor could get paid $143 last week for services rendered in 2017. I was transferred, put on hold, transferred three more times, put on hold, told my story to 4 clerks, put on hold, and finally reached a supervisor four hours later who fixed the easily fixable typo.

If you think government will provide health care benefits, better customer service, or better coverage than the private insurance market you are wrong. the VA is an absolute mess and our veterans make up less than 3% of americans. forgetting about the inefficiency and cost of government, based on dismal veterans' health care how would the government do providing health care if they had to manage the health care for 320 million people?

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-08-2018 at 06:50 PM..

Old 04-08-2018, 06:37 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,084,554 times
Sure, OP. Trump has converted some to the Dems. But bottom line is...if you want to keep your guns and not support baby murder...you vote Rep.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:48 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Trumps election was the final straw for me when I abandoned my right wing ideology.
Sure, I’m going to believe a communist was a right winger two years ago.

Old 04-08-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
But bottom line is...if you want to keep your guns and not support baby murder...you vote Rep.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!1!!1!!11!

In Secret, GOP Leaders Cram Gun Control into Spending Bill

Budget Bill Includes FixNICS, CDC Gun Violence Research . . . No National Reciprocity - The Truth About Guns

Gun control’s snaky sneak into omnibus

Trump, Congress Fund Planned Parenthood | The Daily Caller

Passed by a Republican Congress, signed by a Republican President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies