Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 01:06 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,442,483 times

Advertisements

N.K is going to play Trump like a fiddle just like they do every one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 01:28 PM

20,830 posts, read 17,000,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
N.K is going to play Trump like a fiddle just like they do every one.
...and gain what? Increasingly draconian sanctions? The Trump Administration will drive him into the ground if he tries to get tricky. He knows this. It's check and hopefully checkmate.

Old 06-10-2018, 02:30 PM

25,892 posts, read 24,605,003 times
Kim could also go a different way, not sure he thought of it, probably not. He could simply declare that NK is no longer at war with any other country. And he could reach an international agreement with the UN on the future of his country's arms, whereby the international body monitoring the destruction and non proliferation of nuclear arms makes sure NK adheres to the agreement. And as long as that is the case, the international community including China, SK, the EU etc. could lift their sanctions.
In that case Trump would simply become irrelevant. And that would make sense as agreements with the US don't mean anything anymore, as everyone can see with Iran and the G7 summit.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:04 PM

The USA is going to press until he scraps the nuclear ambitions or until they destroy his country. That is the stated goal of the administration. The EU, UN and other countries are on board.

It's this or that. There is no in between. In this gunfight he puts down his gun or he gets shot.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The USA is going to press until he scraps the nuclear ambitions or until they destroy his country. That is the stated goal of the administration. The EU, UN and other countries are on board.

It's this or that. There is no in between. In this gunfight he puts down his gun or he gets shot.
That's not the case, the EU does not want NK to be destroyed. Nor does the UN of course, with security council members China and Russia.

Giving up nuclear ambitions is no problem for NK, they don't know what to do with their nukes, anyway. That's their odd problem, they have invested so much money and effort in their military because of their paranoia, without having a real agenda. After all, NK is not an imperialist country, so there is no point in a war for them. They just developed their nukes and missiles due to their feeling threatened. And now that they have made it to the international bargaining table, they will get the attention and support of the international community which will be happy about NK giving up their nukes in exchange for NK being left alone and protected. After all, the world wants to trade, that's its number one priority. So, SK, China, even Singapore are looking forward to dealing with NK again. And NK will benefit big time from such resumed relationships as well, of course.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:23 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,420,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"For the next five minutes, and the next five minutes only."

It's a con man's hustle.

Kim flew to China twice in the last few weeks to meet with Xi, so there is some reason to believe that Xi is advising Kim, backing his play here.

We'll see if Trump can con the both of them.

Fingers crossed.
Yes. Based upon the wheeling and dealing with china for Ivanka s purse there has probably been some kind of Trump Tower NK dropped as a bargaining chip advisement to Kim on how to deal with the traitor in chief.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:37 PM

51,580 posts, read 25,554,304 times
Kim is not giving up the nuclear weapons. That ain't happening and everyone with two wits to rub together knows it.

What he wants is to be seen as an equal to the President of the United States on the world stage.

Check.

He also wants a peace treaty and the U.S. to withdraw its forces.

After that, it's all gravy.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:08 PM

I do think NK will give up its nukes. After all, there are not many to give up, and frankly, I think they are doing themselves a favor because their technology is not very solid, they might even suffer a severe nuclear accident when trying to launch such a missile.

I wonder what mental impact the visit to Singapore has on Kim. It is one of the highest developed cities on the planet.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I do think NK will give up its nukes. After all, there are not many to give up, and frankly, I think they are doing themselves a favor because their technology is not very solid, they might even suffer a severe nuclear accident when trying to launch such a missile.

I wonder what mental impact the visit to Singapore has on Kim. It is one of the highest developed cities on the planet.
I wish I could convey how actually serious the USA is about disarming Noko. This is round 1. Iran is round 2.

I think that you may have answered the question. The Un seeing modern society and it's potential will choose that. Why would he choose to stay rogue over that prosperity?

Old 06-10-2018, 04:18 PM

51,580 posts, read 25,554,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post

Kim went to boarding school in Switzerland. I'm pretty sure he's seen developed cities.

He won't be giving up the nukes. The lessons of Libya are not lost on him.

Ukraine also gave up their nuclear weapons and we all know how that is working out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies