Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2018, 04:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times

Advertisements

That's what he's counting on.

Trump claimed he would be able to tell quickly if the North Korean leader was serious about dismantling his nuclear and missile programmes and would walk away if Kim was not...
Asked how he would read Kim so swiftly, Trump said: “My touch, my feel, that’s what I do.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ia-north-korea

Leaving aside the creepiness of the "touch" and "feel" from a sexual predator...

Okay, obviously this fits right in with Trump's utter lack of interest in preparation, in actually studying a situation. But does it also remind anyone of the idiocy of Bush saying that everything was fine because he looked into Putin's eyes and saw he was trustworthy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2018, 04:24 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Kim went to boarding school in Switzerland. I'm pretty sure he's seen developed cities.

He won't be giving up the nukes. The lessons of Libya are not lost on him.
Still, Singapore looks impressive, it oozes progress, unlike Switzerland...

Old 06-10-2018, 04:28 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,908,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post

Trump claimed he would be able to tell quickly if the North Korean leader was serious about dismantling his nuclear and missile programmes and would walk away if Kim was not...
Asked how he would read Kim so swiftly, Trump said: “My touch, my feel, that’s what I do.”

Leaving aside the creepiness of the "touch" and "feel" from a sexual predator...

Okay, obviously this fits right in with Trump's utter lack of interest in preparation, in actually studying a situation. But does it also remind anyone of the idiocy of Bush saying that everything was fine because he looked into Putin's eyes and saw he was trustworthy?
I see now that Trump really screwed up by not consulting with, and taking you along for advice during the summit.
The man is a winner, that is why America is winning, and taking you and your fellow haters along for the ride. Enjoy it, it going to continue for six more years, no matter how much you object. You can't stop the Trump success train, many better people than you have tried and are continuing to fail in their quest...

Old 06-10-2018, 04:31 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
I see now that Trump really screwed up by not consulting with, and taking you along for advice during the summit.
The man is a winner, that is why America is winning, and taking you and your fellow haters along for the ride. Enjoy it, it going to continue for six more years, no matter how much you object. You can't stop the Trump success train, many better people than you have tried and are continuing to fail in their quest...

America is only "winning" right now in the minds of reactionary angry white Christians who can't accept that the 1950s are long gone. This is hell for everyone else.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:31 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,739,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Kim went to boarding school in Switzerland. I'm pretty sure he's seen developed cities.

He won't be giving up the nukes. The lessons of Libya are not lost on him.

Ukraine also gave up their nuclear weapons and we all know how that is working out.
That is actually why I am in favor of all countries canceling the agreement on the non-proliferation of nuclear arms. The world should set an ultimatum to the handful of nuclear countries. Either they get rid of all their nukes by an ambitious deadline and allow for independent monitoring, or the agreement is canceled by other countries, who are then free to develop their own.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:32 PM

11,159 posts, read 7,959,249 times
Quote:

How does it feel to have Trump living in your head 24/7? Lol

Old 06-10-2018, 04:33 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Boarding school vs Singapore? Not even close.

The pomp and circumstance of the worlds leaders?

He wants that more than he wants to preside over a desperate population in a country that may be blown apart.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:37 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:

Trump isn’t that great with words.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:38 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,641,616 times
I think some are getting way too ahead of themselves.

The fact that this is the first time in history that a sitting U.S. President is meeting the leader of North Korea is an accomplishment unto itself.

Sure, these North Korean dealings have a very poor track record, but that does not mean we should not try for peace and some sort of understanding. The important thing is that first dialogue.

And I can't think of a better leader or politician than Trump for this monumental moment in world history. There IS a reason why Kim responded to Trump and not Obama.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:40 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,140,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Are you really not aware that in general Trump ignores advice from experts? And from aides? That's nothing to be proud of.

Trump is not "winning" in any way except in some financial aspects. There are some of us - maybe not you - who don't judge success solely in terms of profitability. He is allowing the degradation of the environment, condoning hate crimes, undermining the rule of law, alienating our traditional long-standing allies, and generally disgracing us with his compulsive lying and insatiable greed. That's nothing to be proud of, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies