Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2018, 09:36 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Isn't that amazing? It blows me away that Democrats are rooting for Trump's failure, even if it hurts America.

It says a lot about the mindset of libs.
Pot, meet kettle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 09:37 AM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I don't see how Trump had any part in this. A few months ago he was threatening nuclear war. Kim came to the table and Trump just so happens to be president.
Umm, that's precisely why Kim wanted to discuss things with Trump.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/wash...htmlstory.html

Quote:
“North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,” Mr. Trump told reporters at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J., where he is spending much of the month on a working vacation. “They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen.”

Referring to North Korea’s volatile leader, Kim Jong-un, Mr. Trump said, “He has been very threatening beyond a normal state, and as I said, they will be met with fire and fury, and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before.”

Old 06-11-2018, 09:37 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Too much credit already.

It'll be him and Kim in a room alone with translators.

The illiterate fool will probably open with reminding Kim of the good old days when NK and US were friends and they gave us the Statue of Liberty.
Trump's m.o. when he meets alone with someone is to come out of the meeting and lie about what was said. We may never know.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:39 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
The America hating left is a disgusting lot.
Turns your stomach doesn't it - thing is, they can't help themselves.
They also can't help but display that "hate" to the American public.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:42 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog
I wonder when the idiotic liberals are gonna stop wasting their money time and spit hating President Donald J Trump and those of us who voted for him.
Get back to me when the idiotic right stops hating on Obama and we can start the clock on not hating Trump. I figure we've got a good quarter century or so before that happens.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:44 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
ACTUALLY the "world" is holding it's collective breath that Trump is successful in his quest to solve this decades old threat to the world order.

That's right. The world is holding it's breath and seeing a bold and defiant President. A man, a leader and an American.

it is magnificent to watch...

Is it painful for you, to have hope, Sir?

What World?

I mean it, what world are you talking about? Because back in the REAL WORLD Trump has already lost.
Kim has ALREADY WON! Kim has gotten all he needed, all he wanted , Kim stands on the world stage. Kim has it, now he appear equal to the US equal to China, EU the world. This is a massive win for Kim and massive win for NK and it cements Kim's power for a generation.

Trump is a fool, he has given Kim everything he could have hoped for and it has cost Kim NOTHING.

So again AADAD, what world are you talking about because in the facts based World Trump is not going to get a deal anything like as good as the IRAN deal. Trump will NOT get the nukes, he will not get inspections, he will not get anything real. While some Trump loving suckers and Russian trolls will pretend Trump "wins" the other 99% of the world will judge any deal on it's merits.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:47 AM

2,805 posts, read 3,254,506 times
Quote:
So, Trump depends on his "touch" and "feel
Don't we all, if not then you must be getting cheated a lot!

Old 06-11-2018, 09:52 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Get back to me when the idiotic right stops hating on Obama and we can start the clock on not hating Trump. I figure we've got a good quarter century or so before that happens.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:58 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
What World?
I mean it, what world are you talking about? Because back in the REAL WORLD Trump has already lost.

Kim has ALREADY WON! Kim has gotten all he needed, all he wanted , Kim stands on the world stage. Kim has it, now he appear equal to the US equal to China, EU the world. This is a massive win for Kim and massive win for NK and it cements Kim's power for a generation.

Trump is a fool, he has given Kim everything he could have hoped for and it has cost Kim NOTHING.

So again AADAD, what world are you talking about because in the facts based World Trump is not going to get a deal anything like as good as the IRAN deal. Trump will NOT get the nukes, he will not get inspections, he will not get anything real. While some Trump loving suckers and Russian trolls will pretend Trump "wins" the other 99% of the world will judge any deal on it's merits.
Kim doesn't have to meet any conditions whatsoever for this summit/photo op.

Kim gets multiple photos with Trump grinning like a frog.

Kim gets to stay in a $6000/night suite, at US taxpayers' expense.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:58 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
My concern is that Trump will just make any deal for optics alone. To say "look what I did!" He might not care if it holds up... as long as the deal holds up until Nov 11th 2020.

If no one else said it yet - any deal Trump makes will not have hard verification requirements until sometime after 11/11/2020. Up until then, Trump will reap the rewards of political success. And Kim will reap the benefits of lowered sanctions while possibly not giving anything of value up.

And after the 2020 election, the deal can fail the moment Kim's regime is forced to show they've met whatever the terms may be.

I think it is pretty clear Trump is going to lie.

We don't yet know what direction Trump's lies will take but most likely Trump will lie with a pretense of a deal that is the "best in history" but much like his other "deals" there will not be an actual deal more a promise and some good intentions.

Nobody outside of Trump's cult believes these talks are anything other than propaganda for Trumpism and Kim.

Kim won when Trump helped to elevate Kim and NK to the world stage. Kim is winning every hour every minute this continues. Just look how Kim is strolling the streets in what can only be described as a media coup d'etat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies