Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 09:09 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

Step one declare gun violence the source of all evil
Step 2 ignore the following fact
If it weren’t for English gun violence there would not be a Jewish race and everyone would speak German

Btw medieval Europe homicide was 10 times our own -400 years before firearms were invented
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 09:13 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
What a disgrace to the long history of Great Britain. Thank God for the 2nd amendment that will not allow MORONS like this to control who can be armed. What a freaking nightmare.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29179...-emily-zanotti
The most important part of that article is the mayor's reversal on "stop and search" which is akin to NYC's stop and frisk. It works but people scream about profiling and harassment. Too damn bad, if you want your area to be safer then you need these programs and also Broken Windows policies.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
What a disgrace to the long history of Great Britain. Thank God for the 2nd amendment that will not allow MORONS like this to control who can be armed. What a freaking nightmare.

I am getting request for assembled uppers and lowers from the UK.
I may have to quit my day job, to keep up with demand. Or hire a full time shipper and assembler.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:26 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:

why is "Mayor" in quotes like that

Old 04-09-2018, 09:35 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Americans seem to have been told that Britain is somehow gun free, when it's anything but, indeed shooting and hunting are popular sports, and farmers, gamekeepers and people in rural areas usually have rifles and shotguns.The main difference is that guns are seen as either for sport and recreation purposes or part of someones work, such as a gamekeeper, rather than a form of protection.

There are rifle ranges and gun clubs, clay pigeon shooting, hunting organisations etc across the UK, the most famous being Bisley which is the Headquarters of the UK National Rifle Association, which predates the US NRA. The UK NRA is very different to the US Organisation of the same name and is more than happy to advocate sensible gun controls. The UK NRA also tends to keep it's distance from US Gun politics.

Guns you can legally buy in the UK - Business Insider

NRA » The National Rifle Association of the United Kingdom

CPSA: Clay Pigeon Shooting Association

British Shooting

Bisley Shooting Ground

Shooting Club Directory

Shooting - The Field

There are also loads of famous shotgun and rifle manufacturers such as James Purdey, Boss, Holland & Holland etc, and in terms of sniper rifles companies such as Accuracy International.

Alphabetic List of Modern British Gun Makers. - The DoubleGun BBS

Accuracy International: the world's finest sniper rifles

As for UK Knife Law, you can carry a folding swiss army typw knife with a blade of 3 inches and can also carry larger knives as long as you have a good reason such as your employment. So knives are not banned.

UK Knife Law - Hunters Knives

Old 04-09-2018, 09:49 AM

30,156 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:

I better stock up on ginsu knives and samurai swords before this knife control policy spreads here.

Shocking words by the Londonstan mayor: there is never a reason to carry a knife.

Yes there is. Because here at least I have the freedom to do so. its a tool, its protection and its my business not the governments.

But looking at the truck that ran over people in Germany a few days back. Or the dude in Austin who was blowing people up? Lots of things can be used for evil.

When will the far left and society in general realize that sometimes bad people do bad things and to ban everything they could possibly use at a weapon only punishes the vast majority of people who would never do such things.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:57 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Americans seem to have been told that Britain is somehow gun free, when it's anything but, indeed shooting and hunting are popular sports, and farmers, gamekeepers and people in rural areas usually have rifles and shotguns.The main difference is that guns are seen as either for sport and recreation purposes or part of someones work, such as a gamekeeper, rather than a form of protection.

There are rifle ranges and gun clubs, clay pigeon shooting, hunting organisations etc across the UK, the most famous being Bisley which is the Headquarters of the UK National Rifle Association, which predates the US NRA. The UK NRA is very different to the US Organisation of the same name and is more than happy to advocate sensible gun controls. The UK NRA also tends to keep it's distance from US Gun politics.

Guns you can legally buy in the UK - Business Insider

NRA » The National Rifle Association of the United Kingdom

CPSA: Clay Pigeon Shooting Association

British Shooting

Bisley Shooting Ground

Shooting Club Directory

Shooting - The Field

There are also loads of famous shotgun and rifle manufacturers such as James Purdey, Boss, Holland & Holland etc, and in terms of sniper rifles companies such as Accuracy International.

Alphabetic List of Modern British Gun Makers. - The DoubleGun BBS

Accuracy International: the world's finest sniper rifles

As for UK Knife Law, you can carry a folding swiss army typw knife with a blade of 3 inches and can also carry larger knives as long as you have a good reason such as your employment. So knives are not banned.

UK Knife Law - Hunters Knives
I can carry a knife in London if I have a good reason?

How about psychos going around stabbing people? Is that good enough? Do I have permission not to be stabbed daddy government?

Old 04-09-2018, 10:01 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
why is "Mayor" in quotes like that
Because he shouldn’t even be in the country.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:09 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Because he shouldn’t even be in the country.
huh? why?

he was born in london, you do realize?

Old 04-09-2018, 10:12 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I can carry a knife in London if I have a good reason?

How about psychos going around stabbing people? Is that good enough? Do I have permission not to be stabbed daddy government?
A good lawful reason being as part of your employment etc, and you can carry a small swiss army type utility knife of up to 3 inches lawfully.

I should imagine a lot of butchers around Smithfield Market carry knives and the same is true of fishmongers at Billingsgate Market, whilst construction workers also carry numerous sharp tools lawfully, as do carpet fitters and a whole host of other such professions. This is not the same as allowing gang members to carry knives, indeed law abiding citizens in the UK can enjoy shooting, but that doesn't mean that everyone including gang members has the right to carry a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies