Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 08:06 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

I have read and heard talking heads who are attorneys say that what Hannity and Cohen supposedly had--those ephemeral conversations about "real estate" COULD be considered to fall under attorney-client even w/o any monetary exchange BUT the fact seemed to be that Hannity didn't consider Cohen to BE his attorney--he really didn't want to claim "attorney client priviledge"--he just didn't want his NAME to be revealed in any of Cohen's files...

I think Cohen went to Hannity--and maybe Trump was on that call--and said we need a "beard". We (Cohen and Trump) need MORE clients to maintain the pretense that what Cohen did for Trump fell under attorney-client privilege... Or the SDNY would have free rein over ALL the documents they confiscated from Cohen's locations...

I read in one article the speculation they/Cohen's team at one point considered 10 names as clients to be cited...
Now how you can go from thinking your have TEN clients to 3--I just don't understand
Go to any "normal" attorney and ask for list of clients and that attorney is likely going to go to his BILLING OFFICE and ask for a print out of the people he has billed for services within the last 2+ yr's.....
To my way of thinking

Every one of Cohen's team that spoke on that point yesterday could potentially have lied to Judge Wood and entered into a criminal conspiracy w/Cohen and Trump's team to withhold information from the court regarding Cohen's actual "client list"...
Remember she gave specific order Friday to produce that list Monday--

Attorneys BILL their clients--
They don't take "the vig" based on the settlement amount....

Old 04-17-2018, 08:08 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Hannity claimed that Cohen did not do any "legal" work for him.

A few things about that statement:

1) Hannity has publicly denied any attorney/client privilege exists.

2) Subliminal message, "Cohen may have done "illegal work" for Hannity.

3) The work Cohen has done for his other two, of his total of three clients, has been to pay off mistresses who his clients had affairs with.

Makes one wonder why Hannity is so nervous about this. Good thing there is no attorney-client privilege so that the business dealings Hannity had with Cohen can be investigated.
He may have shot himself in the foot.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:15 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
“Not one of any issue I ever dealt with Michael Cohen on ever — ever — involved a matter between me and any third party,” Hannity added.

Hannity's denial is a bit confusing. Hannity sought Cohen's legal counsel only on matters involving Hannity and himself?
Probably he wanted Cohen's opinion on whether or not he should sing in the church choir.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:17 AM

Reading between Hannity's comments
If Cohen didn't bill Hannity, Cohen still could have been paid by a 3rd party for his involvement
And Cohen could have received a % of the settlement as another poster indicated

If there was no written agreement, there could have been an oral agreement

If there was no 3rd party settlement that Cohen DID do for Hannity, he could have recommended another attorney to act for Hannity--like the guy who worked for Stormy Daniel in signing that NDA intially--the same one who worked with Broidy

And I remind people that Cohen initially said that he "facilitated" the original payment to Daniels --
He could have done something similar for Hannity--
Facilitated a settlement agreement--or a "real estate" deal

Maybe he helped Hannity buy a girlfriend a condo in Trump Tower--
That was apparently part of his repertoire in gaining Trump's notice initially...

I think at some point we are going to find out that Cohen was a "fixer" for Hannity in the same way as Broidy or Trump--that he "facilitated" protection for Hannity and keeping his name out of the news and the courts--as he was not able to do yesterday...
Hannity is a member of Trump's cabal
And you don't get into that inner circle if you are an innocent guy...
No honest person could stand to be around that corruption

Old 04-17-2018, 08:40 AM

7,676 posts, read 5,521,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I read in one article the speculation they/Cohen's team at one point considered 10 names as clients to be cited...
Now how you can go from thinking your have TEN clients to 3--I just don't understand
Go to any "normal" attorney and ask for list of clients and that attorney is likely going to go to his BILLING OFFICE and ask for a print out of the people he has billed for services within the last 2+ yr's.....
Apparently Cohen has current business relationships with several people so presumably their names are mentioned in his files. It would make sense that his lawyers would have him compile a complete list and then go through the names with him one by one to see if there was any way attorney client privilege could apply.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Apparently Cohen has current business relationships with several people so presumably their names are mentioned in his files. It would make sense that his lawyers would have him compile a complete list and then go through the names with him one by one to see if there was any way attorney client privilege could apply.
That is my thinking
Basically none of the people whose names will show up ARE protected

Old 04-17-2018, 09:42 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Wow, so offering up the absence of a stamp as proof that someone had not visited the country is pretty lame. An excuse, but not a reason.

This is the interview between Hannity and Cohen, Cohen indicated Trump told him to go home and get his passport to prove to that he was never in Prague. So if there is no stamp how did Cohen prove that he was never in Prague? Yet another hard hitting interview by Sean Hannity missing a very important point that Cohen conveniently left out.

So the question remains, how did he prove he wasn't in Prague??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmtzXE3q4iw

Old 04-17-2018, 10:21 AM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is the interview between Hannity and Cohen, Cohen indicated Trump told him to go home and get his passport to prove to that he was never in Prague. So if there is no stamp how did Cohen prove that he was never in Prague? Yet another hard hitting interview by Sean Hannity missing a very important point that Cohen conveniently left out.

So the question remains, how did he prove he wasn't in Prague??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmtzXE3q4iw
LOL.

I think it speaks volumes about what they think of their viewers. They're directly insulting the intelligence of anyone watching.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:36 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
An investigation without actual evidence isn't an investigation. This is throwing garbage against a wall and hope that something sticks.
Which investigation are you talking about? Because in the two that I am aware of, people are appearing in court and making deals. So something substantial must be sticking.

Old 04-17-2018, 10:45 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,161,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Attorneys BILL their clients--
They don't take "the vig" based on the settlement amount....
Cohen ain't no ordinary attorney. Maybe the FBI can dig into Cohen's financial records to find out where his cash flow comes from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies