Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 10:08 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
I would PAY to see that. Instant TV classic.

LOL....yah right.

The FBI are a bunch of traitorous spooks and crooks. They are involved in setting up almost every act of terror that has ever occurred in this country. They have protected and enabled mafia killers and other dangerous psychopaths.

They lie, they spy, they falsify...they are a dishonorable scourge on our nation, and it is way past time they all be fired/jailed/executed for their crimes against our Constitution and the American people.

What ACTUAL crimes has the bureau ever actually prevented or solved? Let's just start there.

Absent of their setting the entire thing up, that is.

Just go on...name ONE
Here you go:

FBI disrupts NY city tunnel plot | News | eastvalleytribune.com

Oh look, another:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...icials-n808321

And one more:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Yo...mark_bomb_plot

Old 04-09-2018, 10:11 PM

45 posts, read 44,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
This relates to Russian election meddling how?
So your saying that if the police are investigating a drug dealer, search their car for drugs and find a body in the trunk they shouldn't be allowed to charge them with murder. I am thinking that if you are correct, a lot of people need to be let out of prison.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:11 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's not the point to the investigation. Plenty of action has been taken on individuals found guilty, which shows the investigation is doing it's job.

If Trump is tied to it, that will probably take more time as I'm sure everyone wants to dot their I's and cross their T's.

Trump did a great job of giving the FBI ammunition against his lawyer, Cohen. Maybe we should wait and see if Cohen would like to return the favor?
And see what the G-men dig up in Cohen's office. That will be interesting.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:12 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdad View Post
So your saying that if the police are investigating a drug dealer, search their car for drugs and find a body in the trunk they shouldn't be allowed to charge them with murder. I am thinking that if you are correct, a lot of people need to be let out of prison.
No doubt. The deflection and whataboutisms from some people are just outlandish.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:13 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,734,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
But you can't claim that cutting mental health funding hasn't contributed to the homeless problem, and the lack of public health centers to help deal with the opioid crisis....
Reagan planted the seeds
He could have vetoed the bill if he didn't want to sign it
But he DID--he wanted to cut back on social services--and cut back on unions--
He hated them from his time as CA govenor and before that head of the Screen Actors Guild...a big Union factory
This was the just say no to drugs president. I don't blame him for cutbacks on social services. His early years the country was in a recession. We saw similar actions during the last two recessions since Reagan. I am more critical of Reagan's lack of action during the early days of the AIDS epidemic. If Reagan had even said the word AIDS the money would have poured in and the small team of doctors in France wouldn't have been the only people in one country working on the problem.

His time as an actor, union boss and Gov. was way before my time. I can't really speak to those days. He was a Democrat that believed the party left him behind. Very similar to Trump. I can understand why he held a grudge against the SAG. They threw him to the wolfs. As far as the other unions go in particular the UAW and the big 3 it was their own arrogance and short-sightedness that caused them to become weakened. They produced an inferior product and lost huge chunks of market share to Foreign automakers that made a better product and have really never caught up. That had a cascade effect on all of middle America and broke steel making states like PA and Ohio and when those jobs go it's not just those jobs that are lost it's the supporting service and minor manufacturing that goes with them. I hardly blame Reagan for that. It's easy to blame him for the demise of middle America because he is an easy target. The reality is they were going downhill in the early 70's. Nearly 10 years before Reagan took office. If anything Nixon opened thge door for middle America's demise when he opened up China and took the United States off the gold standard. Again, a little before my time but that's how I understand it to be.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:14 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
FBI Raids GOP Consulting Firm, Setting Off Alarms Online

Strategic Consulting--the RNC campaign media company that was raided in May 2017 has ties to Manafort
Russian Money--
Michael Cohen Assistant National Director for Finance for the RNC
Raided with warrants related to money crimes---
Heard on MSNBC that there is 150K donation to Trump Foundation as far back as 2015 from a Russian that is part of the info they are looking for in Cohen's computers/info trail...

And please DON"T FEED the posters who want to distract into other topics by paying attention to what they post...

Old 04-09-2018, 10:16 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000
This relates to Russian election meddling how
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdad View Post
And besides, who said todays developments are related to the Russian interference investigation anyway?

Old 04-09-2018, 10:22 PM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
The US attorney would have needed really strong evidence to get those warrants. If they find at least what they expected to find, Cohen would have to be indicted and/or arrested.
Can you imagine the President's personal lawyer being hauled away in cuffs? You don't need to, because we might be seeing that real soon. Unless we see the President pardoning his own lawyer?
Crazy times.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:27 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
I said find one they weren't involved in or set up!

You did exactly the opposite.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
If it never occurred to him that someone who campaigned for him and was later appointed to a position of power might need to recuse himself from campaign-related matters in the exercise of those powers... well, count that as Trump Rookie Mistake number 4,372. This guy just might rookie-mistake himself into impeachment or a jail cell yet. This is what happens when you try to play big-boy games without even dipping your toes in the kiddie pool first.

Aw, it's so cute to see there are still people so naive as to have such blind faith in our justice system.
I agree that the justice system can be blind--and not in a good way--
But the idea that Trump didn't understand why Sessions might have to recuse himself wasn't about ignorance of the legal system
It was all about HUBRIS and Trump's narcissistic belief that the law as on objective, abstract force would ever have an impact on him or his actions...
Even though he has lost some lawsuits before he has never faced CRIMINAL charges...too bad...
I am sure there were times when he did commit crimes that deserved prosecution...
He just never met anyone with the cojones of Robert Mueller...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies