Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2018, 09:41 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Or the judge is a typical New York Liberal hack looking for acceptance.
The judge was appointed by Trump.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Stop lying to yourself. They wont' stop with just Trump. They'll come after even YOU if you dare disagree with them. They are Communists, plain and simple! They are thousands of times worse than Joe McCarthy during the Red Scare. At least he, unlike the Deep State and Comrade Mueller, was RIGHT about a lot of what he was claiming.
Paranoid much?

Old 04-10-2018, 09:44 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Absolutely right and Moveon.org has a plan if Mueller gets fired. I suggest all American patriots that understand we are a nation of laws, refer to their site for instructions...

Nobody Is Above the Law—Mueller Firing Rapid Response
https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller...events/search/
As I understand it, if Trump fires Mueller before 2 pm, the march to protest this starts at 5 pm.

If Trump fires Mueller after 2 pm, the march is the next day at noon.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:44 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Rule of law or Rule of kings?

There is no more gripping tale in history.

This is what democracy looks like. Will it stand or fold?

Looking back, I suspect this is what historians will point out as the tipping point.
Modern politics aside, perhaps you should read more history before you start waxing poetic. Monarchy is not exclusive of Law. Moreover, we are also seeing that democracy is not always inclusive of it.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:45 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Absolutely right and Moveon.org has a plan if Mueller gets fired. I suggest all American patriots that understand we are a nation of laws, refer to their site for instructions...

Nobody Is Above the Law—Mueller Firing Rapid Response
https://act.moveon.org/event/mueller...events/search/
Good information. Thanks for posting this.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
This is nothing more than a case of “we have no evidence of Russian collusion therefore we must make up/find a crime”.
Warrants aren't issued on make believe crimes.

9,254 posts, read 3,582,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Translation: you will ignore the politics of the situation, while claiming investigational integrity and validity, no matter how the broader situation is accurately contextualized and seen by the public.

I have no problem with that. I don't believe that they should turn a blind eye. In fact, I welcome them to do this. Because you have rather severe reading comprehension issues, among other issues stemming from emotional control and anger, you didn't read my repeated point that how this reads to the public will determine how it will play and how the ultimate political result will be counter-productive to this nation's political an social integrity.

Again, it was likely inevitable. As I said before, bring it. I'm perfectly fine with this playing out because I know what the costs will be. Its ugly but inevitable. And I'm glad that you are the ones instigating it.
So you only care about enforcement of laws if you think in the long run it will benefit your political team. Man, that is really sad.

Quote:
You obviously don't have a job or operate in the real world. Your grasp of national politics is tenuous at best, as evidenced by your use of the term "partisan hack". Also, I can tell that you are using your Joe Justice self-soothing to tamper down your anger, and its barely working.

[. . . ]

You are beyond a lampoon of someone who lives in a desperately hopeful liberal bubble. Its going to be difficult when political reality hits. Again.
"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates.

Quote:
Lol... but its a thread about Benghazi, Watergate, Birtherism, etc, etc... and every ancillary Trump issue that you can throw at the wall when you can't come up with a topical argument.
If you can find a single post from me deflecting to one of those topics, I will credit you. When you are unable to do so, I will expect a public apology from you. Good luck.

Quote:
Moreover, you appealed to prioritizing law over politics. I immediately illustrated a recent example of when that principle was flouted for your candidate in a major way, thereby showing your general argument to be politically driven and hypocritical in contrast with your situationally convenient claims of being an objective champion of the law.
I never mentioned "my candidate" (not sure who that is, by the way, given my disdain for Clinton).

I will, however, tell you how impressed I am. In such a lengthy post, there was not a shred of fact or the semblance of truth. Merely angry attacks colored by partisanship. Not everyone sees things in such binary terms as "us" versus "them" and I am one of those people who understand thought and nuance. This is not about Democrats or Republicans. It is about the rule of law. Your ranting about political witch hunts demonstrates that you fail to grasp that point.

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Investigating an elected POTUS on no evidence, Russian disinformation, and MSM narratives after an election where virtually all institutions went in against him is exactly the opposite of what "democracy looks like".

FYI.

There is plenty of evidence that crimes have been committed. Investigating and charging those who commit crimes is what the Rule of Law, i.e. democracy is all about.

Whether there is evidence that POTUS committed crimes remains to be seen.

But his rants against the legal system sound mighty suspicious.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-10-2018 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 04-10-2018, 09:47 AM

37,177 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
It's not against the Law to fire Mueller.

What you mean is that "we are a nation of liberal bullies who prefer to undermine elections that they lose".
Nice try, but all the LEOs in this story are republican.

Old 04-10-2018, 09:47 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
The Judge he appointed approved the warrant for the raid on Cohen's properties. We know the burden is extremely high to get a warrant on an attorney. The GOP hunters (Sessions, Mueller, Comey, McCabe, the judge etc) are out to get him according to Trump. It's called order of law. Continue Mr. Mueller.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies