Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 05:20 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,029,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
How bout "Man Attacks Police with Screwdriver and is Shot for his Stupidity"
If you have one, let alone three or more police officers with guns drawn, shouting at you to drop the screwdriver or weapon and you decide to charge; then maybe you have lived far too long. The shank of most screwdrivers is long enough to kill and there is no way for our police to determine if anybody has sharpened the blade - even unsharpened blades would still be lethal.

Our police are there because we hired them to be there protecting the public. They also have the right to protect themselves. It is not only foolish to second guess them; it is suicidal to not abide by the verbal commands of the responding officers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 06:27 AM

18,407 posts, read 7,032,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
In this case they may be able to claim self defense. Being a cop has nothing to do with it.

I was just making the point that the hundreds of white police shooting victims every year get very little coverage compared to black victims because it doesn't fit the media narrative--i.e. Stephon Clark vs. Daniel Shaver--and white people refuse to stand up for the white victims like BLM does with black victims.

White people don't "stand up for white people" just because they're white.

Maybe BLM and the Left wing media should take notes.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:33 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,058,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Screw driver can be a weapon. Idiot charged the police officer. Good shoot.
Pretty much sums it up.

The OP has an agenda, so he or she purposely left out key information and wrote a misleading thread title.

The facts:

The man was asked by police multiple times to drop the screwdriver, he did not comply.

They then tasered him several times, which did not work.

Then, the man actually lunged at them with the screwdriver, leaving police with no choice but to use deadly force to protect their own lives.

Great job by the police officers, seems like they handled the situation by the book.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I’m sorry, what?
Your pic means nothing with context.

They could all be going to a Luau.....

If that is some type of protest for a white criminal being shot by police, it was :

1. Pretty peaceful looking.....not exactly a riot.

2. Not covered sufficiently by the media for me to recognize when and where it happened or who it was for.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:31 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,058,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Your pic means nothing with context.

They could all be going to a Luau.....

If that is some type of protest for a white criminal being shot by police, it was :

1. Pretty peaceful looking.....not exactly a riot.

2. Not covered sufficiently by the media for me to recognize when and where it happened or who it was for.
I just laughed out loud, like for real laughed.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I just laughed out loud, like for real laughed.

The pic means nothing to me, without context, it's just a bunch of people with Tiki torches.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:37 PM

58,712 posts, read 26,998,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
  • Once again... There is media coverage - else nobody would know about it.
  • Why isn't there more coverage... because YOU don't care enough.
  • And once again... for some reason, white people "choose" not to protest when their own are killed by cops. I guess they think it's no problem. As for riots. They are always rare.
"Once again... There is media coverage - else nobody would know about it."

Local ONLY.

Have you seen it on any of the alphabet NATIONAL TV stations?

Why DON'T ANY of these stories make the alphabet TV coverage?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/the-armed-citizen

Old 04-10-2018, 06:36 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,121,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Once again... There is media coverage - else nobody would know about it."

Local ONLY.

Have you seen it on any of the alphabet NATIONAL TV stations?

Why DON'T ANY of these stories make the alphabet TV coverage?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/the-armed-citizen
Answered and Asked.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:59 PM

37,940 posts, read 17,778,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Pretty much sums it up.

The OP has an agenda, so he or she purposely left out key information and wrote a misleading thread title.

The facts:

The man was asked by police multiple times to drop the screwdriver, he did not comply.

They then tasered him several times, which did not work.

Then, the man actually lunged at them with the screwdriver, leaving police with no choice but to use deadly force to protect their own lives.

Great job by the police officers, seems like they handled the situation by the book.
A great job in my book is when the situation is de-escalated and no one dies.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:57 AM

26,993 posts, read 13,246,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
A great job in my book is when the situation is de-escalated and no one dies.

This would have been dealt with differently in many countries.

Some US Police Departments are very quick to just shoot people who often have mental health issues.

In this case it was clealy a screwdriver, and there were numerous officers, so why didn't they just use their batons and spray or confine him using shields which is what they do in most countries.

Prison Officers and those who work in secure Psychiatric environments reguarly take down very disturbed people who often have improvised or home made weapons such as shanks.

In most European Countries the killing of a man with a srewdriver in such circumstances would be deemed an unlawful killing and would contravene Article 2 of the European Convention on Human Rights - 'The Right to Life'.

UK Police use of force - College of Policing APP

Why do American cops kill so many compared to European cops? - The Conversation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies