Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 06:47 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, that would probably cut down on 90 percent of unwanted pregnancies. It's curious why no Christians will support the very things that will save so many of the "babies" they cry over. It kind of makes you think they don't really want to stop unwanted pregnancies, doesn't it? Maybe it's too good of a wedge issue to give up?
That's sort of the case. The bigger reason is that evangelical Christians want to discourage and stigmatize having sex out of wedlock. That's why they promote "abstinence only" sex education and view real sex education as "promoting sin."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 06:47 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Do you want to cut down on unwanted pregnancies, and thus, abortions, or do you not? That's the choice here.

Human are sexual beings. That's not going to change. So choose what you want more.
They can go buy condoms at the grocery store, Target, Kmart, Walgreens, CVS, gas stations, quickie mart, 7-11 ... anyone anywhere who says that they can't find cheap BC or demands someone else pay for their BC is a moron.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I remember last year's March For Life. I think about 50 people showed up on the Mall in Washington. They were such a small group no one knew they were there.
Crowd estimates were 200,000 to 300,000. Hardly "small."

Old 04-10-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Looks like Generation Z will be known as the activist generation. At least they're standing up for something they believe in. Whether it is stricter gun laws, pro life, pto-gun, pro choice, etc. They're getting involved. It gives me hope.
Yes it takes guts to cut 5th period PE and 6th period study hall.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:54 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
As a taxpayer, I am not paying for high school student to do protests on MY DIME.
They can protest on the weekends on their own time......if they can get anyone to show up.
Totally agree. Kids are getting dumber by the minute.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:58 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
No, they don't have to "be fair" and let them get out of school every time they think of something to protest.

Life isn't fair, best they learn that now instead of later.

Like it or not, they are still children and they do not get to make rules.
No, the adults made the rules by setting a precedent. And as I noted one of the things a good radical does is make the enemy play by their own rules.

If you don't want future walkouts you should have never condoned and actively supported the first one.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:07 PM

23,471 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The Parkland kids are pushing for legislation that impacts people outside of school. That was the basis of their walkout.

Sorry, schools should have to not only condone but give support to any and all students who wish to protest anything and everything.

It's only fair.
Then why didn't Hogg and crew meet with legislators while they were in DC? Another kid, who is pro-gun, managed to meet with legislators.

Quote:
What's fair is students taking advantage of the education tax payers are paying for instead of using issues as a pretense to get out of school.

If they want to protest they can do it on their own time.
l

Give them an inch and they will take a mile..............it's time to nip this trend in the bud.

I do like that they are taking an active interest, but, let them protest on the weekends, and that goes for the teachers, too.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:21 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
They can go buy condoms at the grocery store, Target, Kmart, Walgreens, CVS, gas stations, quickie mart, 7-11 ... anyone anywhere who says that they can't find cheap BC or demands someone else pay for their BC is a moron.
And if they're morons, all the better for them to obtain free BC.

Do you really want them to breed?

Old 04-10-2018, 07:22 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
How much you want to bet these "Pro-Life" people are opposed to any form of social safety nets and love their guns?

I'm damn tired of the "pro-fetus" crowd who only values life BEFORE it is born. After that, you're on your own. If you're poor, tough luck - here's a gun, and have fun! Hypocrites.

Old 04-10-2018, 07:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
No, the adults made the rules by setting a precedent. And as I noted one of the things a good radical does is make the enemy play by their own rules.

If you don't want future walkouts you should have never condoned and actively supported the first one.

Let me get this straight.

If your child asks to go to a sleep over and you say yes, does that mean from then on every time your child asks to go to a sleep over you MUST say yes?

After all, you condoned and actively supported the sleep over by helping them pack their clothes and driving them to their friends house.

Here is the way this should work.

"You are not allowed to walk out of class. If you do, you will be disciplined. You are still a child and you do not get a vote. End of discussion."

In other words......"Because I said so." No negotiating. They are children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies