Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 03:15 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,585,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
They don't "get" they TAKE.

I had an additional $200K "redistributed" this year on Obamacare tax to pay for other people's healthcare. I still have to pay for my own health coverage out of pocket. And that's on top of having to pay well over $1M in income tax.
It seems that gratitude would be an appropriate mindset for one so blessed with material success. But then, that's just me.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:21 PM

25,568 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
President Trump orders top-to-bottom review of welfare programs
Pretty funny.

The President order a review and all the usual usual meatheads started shrieking about 'starving children'.
Whatabuncha losers.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:23 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It seems that gratitude would be an appropriate mindset for one so blessed with material success. But then, that's just me.
I know if you're having to pay that much in income tax, you must be making some good money.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:25 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Yes, if you were blessed with success that might be true, but most of us had to work for it.

Gratitude might be more appropriate for people "blessed" with free soda, healthcare and housing. Not to mention their kids education.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:28 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,069,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
People are free to buy and eat what they want, when they are the ones paying. But if they're expecting the taxpayer to foot the bill, then they can suffer the inconvenience of filling a few water bottles.
Right, the welfare mom who dropped out of high school in 11th grade should go buy $20 stainless steel water bottles for each of her 5 kids so she won't have to spend $5 on a case of store brand soda.

Also, just because you worked hard for your success doesn't mean that you weren't blessed.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:29 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
However, the real goal is to dump and abandon people in need.
Oh, I forgot the Dems are the party of compassion and tolerance -- unless you disagree with them. Then they will beat the snot out of you and try to destroy your career and family. Got it!

Old 04-11-2018, 03:31 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
There are simple fixes that can be made to food stamp programs that will curb abuse. Eliminate the ability to use them to buy soda, candy, chips, ice cream, and other non essential junk food. Make it similar to WIC so they can only use it for important nutrient rich essential products (meat, cheese, milk, vegetables, fruits, whole grains)... You know, ingredients that focus on making healthy meals.
Problem is, soda, candy and snack foods are manufactured by huge global conglomerates. Their bean counters know to the penny how much of their products are sold through EBT.

A LOT!

Old 04-11-2018, 03:34 PM

5,104 posts, read 4,832,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I will pass that on to the handicapped folks I know, and the people ALREADY working who get it.
Don't forget to add the kids too. They need to be working instead of slacking off in school.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:40 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Right, the welfare mom who dropped out of high school in 11th grade should go buy $20 stainless steel water bottles for each of her 5 kids so she won't have to spend $5 on a case of store brand soda.

Also, just because you worked hard for your success doesn't mean that you weren't blessed.
Who or what blessed me?

Here's a BPA water bottle for $5.90 shipped free.

https://www.amazon.com/Sundried-Leak...s=water+bottle

If that's too rich, then just reuse one of those free soda bottles and fill it with water. We do it all the time (except we actually have to pay for our drinks).

Old 04-11-2018, 03:45 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times
Most people who get food stamps are children, disabled, or over 60. Most who are able-bodied adults word and only a very small percentage get cash welfare benefits. Food stamps are a supplement, not the full amount that a family spends on food. https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites...13-Summary.pdf

I have no problem limiting food stamps to healthy foods in theory, but I think actually doing that without having long lists of rules and exclusions would be too burdensome. Between allergies and special diets, what’s healthy for one person might kill another. Saying no soda or cakes from the bakery seems reasonable. People can just use their own money for those items and use the food stamps for other foods.

The amount that the average working household contributes to welfare is extremely low. Around $36 per year on a $50,000 income. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.des...m/amp/84917512 Of all the things to worry and complain about when it comes to taxes, this really seems negligible. I’d happily pay the $36 for a few of the biggest crybabies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies