Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2018, 04:18 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,366,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The Donald is now surrounded with war hawks. They will whisper in his ear on what needs to be done. The sociopath will listen hard. Innocent folks will be killed in Syria because he has said something has to be done, instead of keeping America out of it.

Let the Russians and Iranians sort this mess out. There is no glory, or 'American values' to be found in those ****holes. Trump said he was going to bring soldiers home. Get them out of that madhouse. Don't get deeper into the quagmire.
In America the media accepts only two positions, either total war with a full scale invasion or a covert war back with brutal sanctions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2018, 04:21 PM

18,986 posts, read 8,996,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
If you’re going to make an accusation back it up. All the liberals have failed the anti-war movement with their chest thumping on Ukraine, Syria, etc.

Then again liberals have always been pro-war (see: Obama, Clinton, Kennedy, etc.)
Psst: Winterfall, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your hero has just brought on the biggest warmonger of the past century, John Bolton. I can assure you no liberals are in favor of that. But why do you think Trump did that if he wasn't itching to go to war?

Not to mention you seem to have forgotten about the Republican administration whose war folly created ISIS to begin with. Yeah, we know why you want to disclaim W, but he's yours, too.

You sure do like pointing fingers at everybody else while ignoring your own stunning hypocrisy.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Psst: Winterfall, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your hero has just brought on the biggest warmonger of the past century, John Bolton. I can assure you no liberals are in favor of that. Why do you think he did that if he wasn't itching to go to war?

Not to mention you seem to have forgotten about the Republican administration whose war folly created ISIS to begin with. Yeah, we know why you want to disclaim W, but he's yours, too.

You sure do like pointing fingers at everybody else while ignoring your own stunning hypocrisy.
I hate Bolton (HATE him) but liberals don’t get a free pass as if they weren’t pushing for more war.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:22 PM

8,478 posts, read 3,278,949 times
Any chance that "it" - all that's gone wrong with the world - can simply be blamed on a machine?

For example, take Libya that has again gotten dragged into this ... the one regret that Obama owned up to.

The way I remember initial US involvement in Libya and the toppling of Gaddafi is that for some reason the French were bound and determined.

Now the US and only the US had the technology for some sort of high-tech tricky monitoring effort ... and so to support an ally, Obama conceded agreeing to that limited support.

And off events went ...

So, again, tell me why it is that we have this enormous DOD budget and why Trump agreed to sign the Omnibus Bill - oh yeah, right ... for the DOD budget.

And better yet, we now have a John Bolton at the helm.

And a tweeting POTUS.

Great. If events went awry in the past ... what could possibly go wrong now?

Old 04-11-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Any chance that "it" - all that's gone wrong with the world - can simply be blamed on a machine?

For example, take Libya that has again gotten dragged into this ... the one regret that Obama owned up to.

The way I remember initial US involvement in Libya and the toppling of Gaddafi is that for some reason the French were bound and determined.

Now the US and only the US had the technology for some sort of high-tech tricky monitoring effort ... and so to support an ally, Obama conceded agreeing to that limited support.

And off events went ...

So, again, tell me why it is that we have this enormous DOD budget and why Trump agreed to sign the Omnibus Bill - oh yeah, right ... for the DOD budget.

And better yet, we now have a John Bolton at the helm.

And a tweeting POTUS.

Great. If events went awry in the past ... what could possibly go wrong now?
DOD budget is meant to promote war and give us multinationals tech innovation in the military field to control how it is distributed between countries (we literally sell high end arms to 3rd world countries so we can later call them a national security threat).

The rest is business as usual in DC.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:27 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The Donald is now surrounded with war hawks. They will whisper in his ear on what needs to be done. The sociopath will listen hard. Innocent folks will be killed in Syria because he has said something has to be done, instead of keeping America out of it.

Let the Russians and Iranians sort this mess out. There is no glory, or 'American values' to be found in those ****holes. Trump said he was going to bring soldiers home. Get them out of that madhouse. Don't get deeper into the quagmire.
Yep. We (libertarians) tried telling 'em to support Rand instead, but they didn't listen. Something about #MAGA or something.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
In America the media accepts only two positions, either total war with a full scale invasion or a covert war back with brutal sanctions.
Three words:

Ratings
Ad revenue

Old 04-11-2018, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Psst: Winterfall, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your hero has just brought on the biggest warmonger of the past century, John Bolton. I can assure you no liberals are in favor of that. But why do you think Trump did that if he wasn't itching to go to war?

Yeah, I wish he'd back up a bit and lay a lot of blame at the Cheney administration where it belongs. Although many Democrats fell for the lies as well.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:34 PM

2,590 posts, read 1,328,705 times
Quote:
Soon Syria will be firebombed to the ground and ISIS shall re-emerge from the ashes. When this happens all the liberals who aligned with the neo-cons to attack trump from the right should be held responsible.
So if Trump drags all of us into a war us liberals are to blame? I do fear that you are on the money as far as any war dramatically escalating extremism goes.
If there is a war how will we know who won? If Assad falls? If he says he is really, really sorry about those chemical attacks and won't do it again? What are our deeper geopolitical motives?

Old 04-11-2018, 04:36 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,613,208 times
Quote:
Soon Syria will be firebombed to the ground and ISIS shall re-emerge from the ashes. When this happens all the liberals who aligned with the neo-cons to attack trump from the right should be held responsible.
Just trying to get out in front of this debacle, are you?

How could this be the fault of liberals when the Republicans are in charge of everything?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies