Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 02:49 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the fine art of negotiations, Trump's two steps ahead of you.
This is the standard Trumpling rationalization for Trump's apparently stupid and idiotic decisions. The rationalization is that Trump's seemingly stupid decisions are in fact brilliant, and that he's really playing 8-dimensional chess. It's the only way the Trumplings can explain him without admitting the guy is an idiot, which they're loathe to do.

No I'm sorry. His stupid decisions are just that - stupid. He has no idea what he's doing and the Trumplings are being suckered into believing he's something he's not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 02:54 PM

8,391 posts, read 7,646,246 times
Oh, and I looked up the President's exact quote about TPP when he did away with it last year:

Mr. Trump’s decision to scrap the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or T.P.P., reversed a free-trade strategy adopted by presidents of both parties dating back to the Cold War, and aligned him more with the political left.

“We’re going to stop the ridiculous trade deals that have taken everybody out of our country and taken companies out of our country, and it’s going to be reversed,” Mr. Trump said after scrapping TPP, saying that from now on, the United States would sign trade deals only with individual allies.

Trump Abandons Trans Pacific Partnership, Obama's Signature Trade Deal

Last edited by RosieSD; 04-12-2018 at 03:15 PM..

Old 04-12-2018, 03:26 PM

And here's what Trump had to say about TPP when he was campaigning:

“The Trans-Pacific Partnership is another disaster done and pushed by special interests who want to rape our country, just a continuing rape of our country,” Trump said. “That’s what it is, too. It’s a harsh word: It’s a rape of our country.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...nership-224916

Old 04-12-2018, 03:26 PM

46,287 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
NO!

You mean that "stupid trade deal that just give away all of America's advantages"?

That tRump...

I'm tellin' ya.

What a negotiator.

Maybe somebody took the time to explain it to him in real simple terrms.

Uhhhhh ohhhhhhhh...did a staunch leftist not tell the truth to make a point.....

If you can prove the statment below wrong....go ahead....

CARRY ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Oh, and I looked up the President's exact quote about TPP when he did away with it last year:

Mr. Trump’s decision to scrap the Trans-Pacific Partnership, or T.P.P., reversed a free-trade strategy adopted by presidents of both parties dating back to the Cold War, and aligned him more with the political left.

“We’re going to stop the ridiculous trade deals that have taken everybody out of our country and taken companies out of our country, and it’s going to be reversed,” Mr. Trump said after scrapping TPP, saying that from now on, the United States would sign trade deals only with individual allies.

Trump Abandons Trans Pacific Partnership, Obama's Signature Trade Deal

Old 04-12-2018, 03:31 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Everybody knows that "OK, so I walked away from the deal and said some nasty things, but I've reconsidered and I really want back in, please?" is just about the strongest negotiation position there is.

Y'all should try it in a job interview or when closing on a house, you'll be amazed at the results!

Old 04-12-2018, 03:41 PM

46,287 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Everybody knows that "OK, so I walked away from the deal and said some nasty things, but I've reconsidered and I really want back in, please?" is just about the strongest negotiation position there is.

Y'all should try it in a job interview or when closing on a house, you'll be amazed at the results!

Wow what a useless equivalency.....lol...

In a job interview, you're looking for a new job...

If you are closing on a house, you've already negotiated....But hey, if you currently have 10% APR and you can renegotiate a deal for 5% APR, in your mind....you would not do that...LOL...yea...O.K...

Again folks, you cannot make this up...

Old 04-12-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post

Yeah, I went to buy a car. The car dealer named his price. I told the dealer he was trying to rape me and that I wouldn't buy his car if it was the last one on earth.

I spent the next year going to different dealers trying to buy a car but none of them would give me a better deal.

So, a year later, I went back to the first dealer and said, "I want to buy that car I saw a year ago but I want a 50% discount on the last price and a free paint job on it."

I still don't have a car, but I'm the world's best negotiator!

Old 04-12-2018, 04:12 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
This is the standard Trumpling rationalization for Trump's apparently stupid and idiotic decisions. The rationalization is that Trump's seemingly stupid decisions are in fact brilliant, and that he's really playing 8-dimensional chess. It's the only way the Trumplings can explain him without admitting the guy is an idiot, which they're loathe to do.
Political Dadaism. Instead of being art because it's not art, it's smart because it's not smart.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:25 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Seems some are having problems:
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dic...sh/renegotiate

Renegotiate:
The art of negotiating is something Trump seemingly knows nothing about else he would never convey by thought, word or action that he was reliant upon another's acquiescence of inclusion.

This boob has now shown them he's at their mercy. EG: "I hate the TPP, I am opting out,.......ooops...........now I want back in but I'm going to renegotiate to my favour.......ooops.........they're not bending over at the table......yikes"!!!!

All those suggesting China needs the U.S. more than the U.S. needs China should wonder at this display of negotiating ineptitude and consider what signal it sends to those other nations with millions of consumers you need to buy your chit.

An elected dummy who has consistantly shown his lack of any knowledge about anything necessary to promote his country's economic security and well being. Bullies have no tricks left in the bag when they receive the middle finger at their bluster.

One trick ponies have short careers.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:25 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why does the government have to negotiate for you? The idea that you are an isolationist if you are against these agreements that are only in place to benefit a few is a false argument.
The "false argument" is that trade agreements are there to benefit only a few. And yes, it's government's job to negotiate with other governments to come up with trading rules.

Isolationists want us to believe that if we kill NAFTA and put big tariffs on China that the Rust Belt will come back and all the old steel mills will reopen. That's a pipe dream and it's not going to happen, in the same way coal isn't coming back either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies