Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 07:26 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,544,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I agree that Comey's remarks don't reflect as unbiased maybe
But Trump I believe was the one who made the first comment about the size of his hands when he was ridiculing Marco Rubio

And Trump does appear orange to me at times when I see him on TV
I think he wears makeup and uses a tanning bed at times and maybe has problem balancing the two

You know how the classic story about liars growing long noses goes. Maybe, the more extreme manifestation of chronic, compulsive lying, is to turn orange? Fact or myth, I'm going to start using the "turning orange" expression, to refer to someone who is lying. And I'll bet that most people won't need an explanation about where I got that reference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 07:27 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,635,349 times
I just ordered James Comey's book so - thanks RNC!

Old 04-12-2018, 07:28 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,554,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magaalot View Post
I never thought of making a site like this, so I'm impressed that the RNC beat me to it, its a great idea-
https://lyincomey.com/

GOP launches aggressive 'Lyin' Comey' website ahead of release of former FBI chief's book | Fox News
So the RNC makes a website (probably lying) to discredit a Republican from disparaging a more important Republican, who also happens to be a inveterate liar.

Do I have that about right ?

Old 04-12-2018, 07:34 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,602,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No, it's just typical foolishness.
The RNC has created a strike team and a website to throw every kind of denial and false flag option they can come up with against Comey's book...
There is nothing typical about that behavior--
They could have contracted it out to some wealthy SuperPAC supporter and kept some type of credibility
But they felt the need--the compulsion--they couldn't refuse to go to war against Comey's book
That is not normal RNC behavior--to come out in the open and show their hatred for something this visibly

There is a reason
My two choices would be
1--Trump threw down the gauntlet and said do it or I will make your tenure short lived
I don't know how easy it would be for him to do something like that--likely by cutting off big donor money but maybe some backers like Robert Mercer or the Koch brothers also felt the need to strike hard and directly, openly, to show the voters they desperately need to hold on to for 2018...

2--they are so scared for what Mueller will come up with in his investigation that they must stomp down Comey's version of why he was fired to cover their collective asses...
I can think of many reason why there could be illegal acts directly tied to the RNC and its minions--not always Trump people--that come out in the Mueller investigation
Mainly money from illegal/foreign sources that went into many RNC campaigns---
Maybe where the candidates had no knowledge of "dirty/illegal" money but it was still tainted...

Old 04-12-2018, 07:35 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,635,349 times
Republican Nicole Wallace just said in an interview that James Comey was a dedicated servant of the George Bush administration and can't believe that the RNC would now create a website smearing him.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:36 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,470,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Stuff like this only makes me want to buy Comey's book to see what the RNC and Trump are so afraid of.
Exactly!

Old 04-12-2018, 07:38 PM

20,657 posts, read 8,415,340 times
Loonies don't care that Comey lied under oath. So did Hillary. So did Brennan. Par for the course if you are a Deep Stater. That's why they don't care what is in his book. They like fan fiction.

Comey had better be careful what he says on this book tour as it may be used against him in a court of law. Let him enjoy his few more minutes of fame because the Inspector General's (IG) report will be coming out in a couple of weeks. Now THAT will be worth reading.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:40 PM

20,657 posts, read 8,415,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So the title of this thread is very revealing...
Why? Because you were unaware of his criminal behavior? Stop watching propaganda media. They censor the news.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:41 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,470,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump winning the election taught us the following:

There are a lot of really stupid people out there who are easily taken in by a con man.
Stupid and desperate people willing to let a so-called billionaire con artist run this country. Trump cares about no one but himself.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:45 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,048,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I just ordered James Comey's book so - thanks RNC!
I'm looking forward to his TV interviews...

Comey sat down with Stephanopoulos for 5-hour interview to air on 20/20 special on April 15th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies