Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2018, 10:14 AM

19,709 posts, read 10,054,697 times

Advertisements

What gets me is that, unless you have a history, thyroid levels and hemoglobin (iron) are not part of a standard blood test. And if they do test thyroid, it is only tsh 3, should do tsh 4 too. Both of those can mimic dozens of other problems.
I went into the ER, they admitted me for possible heart attack, but tests were normal. Finally an old doctor tested my thyroid and found my level extremely low. Levothroxin and no more problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 10:21 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,655,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, now if you look to your left you'll see that we've entered crazy town. Please don't make eye contact..
What kind of uneducated comment is this? Good grief...get me a fly swatter.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If you don't take the poison you are a "noncompliant" patient.
So, think for yourself...there are many MD's out there today who are not huge drug pushers. I've been seeing only integrative MD's for probably the last 20 yrs....PREVENTION first with healthy foods, exercise and supplements, YES, I've been working on prevention for about 25 yrs and I'm 80 soon and hardly any pharma drugs....minor ones for BP and thyroid.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:27 AM

78,013 posts, read 60,221,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
What gets me is that, unless you have a history, thyroid levels and hemoglobin (iron) are not part of a standard blood test. And if they do test thyroid, it is only tsh 3, should do tsh 4 too. Both of those can mimic dozens of other problems.
I went into the ER, they admitted me for possible heart attack, but tests were normal. Finally an old doctor tested my thyroid and found my level extremely low. Levothroxin and no more problems.
Whoa now....you mean they gave you something that actually fixed an actual health problem?

Old 07-11-2018, 10:32 AM

19,709 posts, read 10,054,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Whoa now....you mean they gave you something that actually fixed an actual health problem?
Only after years of not figuring out what was wrong.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:32 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,113,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
OK, so now they don't suffer?

Are YOU for real?
Obviously they do.

But without necessary pain relief medications, it'll be worse. You think Advil will even touch the pain? It barely helps for a headache.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I've got a 10 yr story on depression and was given and SOLD A/D drugs and was all due to sluggish thyroid. I could write my book on this mess...doctors, yes I saw probably 5 during that time and a psych doc and was given all those A/D drugs...it was thyroid.

I've done enough reading about the history of thyroid BEFORE the great LABS of modern medicine and the good old time docs supported their patients by symptoms...they were so much smarter than today's numbers game doctors.

The D.O. who finally helped me didn't even do a lab, just called in for the great long time thyroid medicine, Armour.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Obviously they do.

But without necessary pain relief medications, it'll be worse. You think Advil will even touch the pain? It barely helps for a headache.
I have not had a headache in over 20 yrs....read my miles of info on what I have been doing for my health and so much prevention. It's all in Alt Med....I work with a great food based antioxidant since 1995.

Sad, so many are so closed minded. Their loss is all I can say.

Old 07-11-2018, 10:42 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,113,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I have not had a headache in over 20 yrs....read my miles of info on what I have been doing for my health and so much prevention. It's all in Alt Med....I work with a great food based antioxidant since 1995.

Sad, so many are so closed minded. Their loss is all I can say.
I'm glad that is helping you for your headaches (and I'll happily give that a try too), but cancer is a whole different beast, especially late stage cancer.

Old 07-11-2018, 11:06 AM

10,198 posts, read 6,274,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
You're missing the point as well, it was only an example. What ever happened to Ex-Lax or Milk of Magnesia? Not only that, what would cancer patients have done before opiods even existed? Obviously, they are not the miracle that modern medicine would have us believe they are, we wouldn't be in the predicament we are in. The last thing we need is more drugs. THAT is the point.
What ever happened to PRUNES?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies