Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 11:43 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
lol? If you had late stage cancer, needed opioid drugs for the pain, and suffered constipation, you probably wouldn't think it was quite so funny.
Pot has been very effective with the pain and nausea. Opioids aren’t needed. Plus if I had late stage cancer just give me a pill and let me die peacefully
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2018, 12:09 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,111,029 times
Ladies and gentlemen, now if you look to your left you'll see that we've entered crazy town. Please don't make eye contact..

Old 07-11-2018, 12:51 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,753,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Pot has been very effective with the pain and nausea. Opioids aren’t needed. Plus if I had late stage cancer just give me a pill and let me die peacefully
The medical community disagrees. You are free to rely on pot or suicide for your cancer pain if you choose, but you have no right to decide for others how they go out.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:27 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Many of us have a need for thyroid support even with a thyroid. My belief is that those without thyroids now are not getting the right dose or the right brand. But that's another subject... Did you ever question that one. MOST allopathic MD's use only one thyroid med and there are many others that are known to do a better job. But Syn helps support some medical schools so they buy their way in doc's offices. There is a long history on the thyroid medications and what has transpired...do you know it Renee? When I started on my thyroid quest in early 2002s and getting the right one and dose, thyroid support forums were my best friends.
Oh you with a thyroid! Please don't lecture ME! I know all about the long history - and also the much more recent cutting edge work by Bianco, McAninch, et al. - McAninch is my doctor so read up on this to START:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4980994/

My thyroid was cut out in 1993 so I've got a few years on you.

Old 07-11-2018, 05:32 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,352,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Moved as this is a conspiracy theory.
+1 - this has truly crossed over! ...as do most of these threads...

Old 07-11-2018, 05:49 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Makes sense to me, I think its pretty clear how its far more lucrative to 'treat' rather than cure...treating keeps them coming back month after month, for years sometimes.
Yeah, like Polio! Oh wait a second.....

Um, cancer! Yeah no one ever got better from that....oh wait a second....

Anti-biotics? Guess you've never taken any of those either huh?

It makes zero sense and is an empty talking point in pill form so you can swallow it without even having to think.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:35 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
1. Your "theories on cholesterol and statins" are not supported by facts

2. Using your parent's "vocabulary" to decide if a condition or medication is relevant is beyond ridiculous..

Did your parent's ever use the "words" PRP or Stem Cells? If not, why do THEY matter???

3. You consistently make claims regarding prevalence of dementia and statins, if you any evidence to support THIS theory please feel free to provide it...

4. Interesting that people who believe in science and evidence based medicine are "sheepole" ( I prefer the term sheeple) but believing in unproven and non covered "medical" treatments like PRP, Stem Cells, Prolotherapy makes YOU what?? a "Pioneer"? a "Savant"?

See the recent thread YOU started and only YOU have responded to ( conversation with yourself apparently) regarding "Lipogems"

A slickly marketed ad campaign for a product with dubious results targeted at a subset of the population that IS NOT covered by insurance and quite expensive....

Yeah no "sheeple" falling for "Lipogems"
jaminhealth makes an immeasurable contribution to this forum by shining a bright light on the most corrupt industry that has ever existed in the history of man. An industry that does, indeed, manufacture "diseases" that are used to instill sufficient fear in the weak and gullible to enslave them to the industry's products and services, for which they have a billing blank check. A blank check with which they hold people in their most vulnerable moments upside down while emptying their pockets and forcing them to sign a promissory note for every spare nickel they'll ever have. The only difference between today's corporate medical cartel and Al Capone's empire is that that modern medical extortion doesn't require machine guns.

jaminhealth does her level best to open eyes and minds, but sadly, many remain too fearful of the medical Gods to ever remove their hands from in front of their eyes. Their loss....and society's loss....for it is this blindness that allows these corporate criminals to continue to pillage at will.

All I ever see you do is stalk and attack her. And there is precious little value in that. It is way past time for you to give it a rest.

Old 07-11-2018, 06:41 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
I was going to post this in the "Curing Patients is Bad For Business" or the "Did you know that pharmaceutical ads are due to the Supreme Court?" thread but decided to start a new one.

How drug companies sell treatments by inventing diseases

The Cholesterol myth comes to mind but there are others. Not only that, it goes beyond even this. Now they have drugs to counteract or help with the side-effects of other drugs. When will it end? Now they have a drug for opiate induced constipation and an acronym to boot (OIC), lol
Yeah I get sick at all of those pharma ads and am amazed that people ask for these drugs which cause more problems than they solve. The drug companies at the very least greatly expanded the opioid crisis.

I'm not taking any drug but keeping my weight and diet in check which is the key to health.

I will say that in some cases, the pharma companies do deliver like in cancer and severe heart problems.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:26 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yeah I get sick at all of those pharma ads and am amazed that people ask for these drugs which cause more problems than they solve. The drug companies at the very least greatly expanded the opioid crisis.

I'm not taking any drug but keeping my weight and diet in check which is the key to health.

I will say that in some cases, the pharma companies do deliver like in cancer and severe heart problems.
I think we can all find it more than a little ironic that we have an obese population with lots of health related issues that then uses medicines to managed the resultant symptoms.....and then turn around and blame "big pharma" for not curing them.

Big pharma isn't sitting around with some miracle pill held back that makes people exercise and lose 80lbs ....because they want to keep selling them cholesterol or other medicines.

As for the opioids? Yep that's a valid complaint.

Old 07-11-2018, 07:29 AM

3,075 posts, read 1,540,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
What drugs did the ER prescribe again? What tests did they want you to have again? I seem to have missed that.
I didnt mention what drugs were prescribed. If you are asking about the bladder inf, they prescibed IV antibiotic and then sent me home with cipro. A very dangerous drug that should never be used except in a dire emergency. My dr had a fit when she found out what they had done. Very dangerous. She changed that real fast to a safer antibiotic.
The horse accident. The ER wanted to send with home with an opiod and other drugs. No thanks. Plain tylenol and a topical like Arnica gel took care of the swelling, severe bruising etc. no need for the drugs the er was prescribing.
And then we have the routine tests that all drs and medicare want you to have. They hide it under preventive measures but are really looking for more drugs to push. More chronic diseases that dont really exist. We have had this debate about statins on this forum. Thats a biggy. But there are other too. Even type 2 diabetes. They want to hand out drugs even before they mention food and exercise.
Modern medicine is dangerous. And there are too much reliance on test results. If the test says neg or normal, the patient cant be ill. It must be all in their head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies