Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 03:06 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times

Advertisements

I agree with what others have said. I think this "review" stems from simple jealousy. Bezos is the superior businessman and Trump can't stand the thought of being bested by him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 03:07 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I never paid into Social Security! That's why I get a Federal Pension. How come you weren't out on strike when big business was doing away with pensions? I don't get freebie health benefits either ...I pay for them every month. Get your facts straight! You must be another 'Pub BOHICA devotee" that says "I love it" everytime big business "scruews over" the little guy!
I was always in management, and upper management so never "went on strike". I also use my expertise, education, and experience to save the money I earn. It's called financial planning. So you don't get health insurance benefits with your pension? Hmmmm, that sounds fishy to me. All my retired Fed employee friends do. Paid for by ME the private sector tax payer.

So, I guess like you, I can generalize that you're just a former government employed leach/Democrat doing unnecessary "make work" because you couldn't make it in the real world?

Old 04-13-2018, 03:12 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Good, that damned organization has too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Why does it take a small priority package sent from Orlando to Halifax take three weeks? It went through three sorting facilities in Miami each taking a week. My guess it is an inefficient jobs program.
How well was that package labelled and addressed? If you want to see an even more inefficent jobs program check out the Department of Defense! How much did they claw back of their budget last year?

Old 04-13-2018, 03:13 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
President Trump stepped up his long-running battle with Amazon, ordering a federal task force to investigate the Postal Service's finances. I don't understand the reasoning. Does he think government resources are merely his personal gadgets to use to try to nail companies he doesn't like? Apparently.

Trump orders Postal Service review after attacking Amazon
And he will find out the package division makes money -- and that if he really wanted to cut the losing portion of the Postal Office services it would be home delivery 7 days a week to a more affordable schedule.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...osing-fortune/
Package delivery, however, was one of the few bright spots in its latest financial statement. In 2017, parcels brought in $19.5 billion, or 28 percent of USPS’ annual revenue. At $2.1 billion, packages contributed the largest revenue increase.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:18 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,490,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I was always in management, and upper management so never "went on strike". I also use my expertise, education, and experience to save the money I earn. It's called financial planning. So you don't get health insurance benefits with your pension? Hmmmm, that sounds fishy to me. All my retired Fed employee friends do. Paid for by ME the private sector tax payer.

So, I guess like you, I can generalize that you're just a former government employed leach/Democrat doing unnecessary "make work" because you couldn't make it in the real world?
You should learn to read! I do get health insurance benefits ...that I pay for out of my pension each month! With your "sterling comprehension abilities" you would have been a great middle manager ...at Enron or Circuit City!

Old 04-13-2018, 03:25 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Congress constantly screws with the US Postal Service. Like the law Bush enacted that required USPS to constantly maintain 100% of the funds for its retirement benefit plan now, like right now. No other government agency is forced to do that. Hell, even States don't have 100% of their plans funded.

Congress also sets the rates for services for bulk mail and mail sent by non-profit organizations.

Hopefully, Trump will fix that. I don't really feel like paying FedEx or UPS rates to send letters.
Trump will not fix anything and what has to be fixed? He's going after the Post Office because if his anger at Bezos and he's following the same tack that the GOP did as they salivate to privatize the USPS.

https://us.blastingnews.com/news/201...002258445.html

Old 04-13-2018, 03:27 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

BS. Retired Federal employees have to pay monthly or bi-monthly premiums for their health insurance just like everyone else. I challenge you to produce ONE retired Federal employee with FREE health benefits. I know my premiums have gone up every year since I retired from the Navy (civil service) in 2006.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:29 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
The GAO, PMG, IG or some other government entiry has the facts. Trump ignores them. Trump digs his nugget about Amazon abusing the post office straight out of his ---, and then wants the government to investigate his little brown chunk. Truly a waste of government money.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 04-13-2018 at 03:41 PM..

Old 04-13-2018, 03:30 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
BS. Retired Federal employees have to pay monthly or bi-monthly premiums for their health insurance just like everyone else. I challenge you to produce ONE retired Federal employee with FREE health benefits. I know my premiums have gone up every year since I retired from the Navy (civil service) in 2006.
Yet it is highly subsidized, NO? I bet your premiums are a LOT lower than those who have to buy private health insurance.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:32 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
The Post Office has already told tRump that they make money on Amazon packages. How thick is he? The reason the Post Office loses money is that it is forced to "prefund" its retirement and healthcare systems, paying in 15 years, the expected payout for the next 75! How many companies are paying into the pension fund for employees that haven't been born? None - that I know of! This was a type of punishment inflicted on the Post Office by the Republican-dominated Congressional Oversight Committee, egged on by the Koch Bros, who hoped it would break the union and send more business to Fedex and UPS.
People forget what you've explained all the time. In addition Congress even allowed lobbyists for FEDEX to actually write proposed bills governing the post office, designed to break their back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies