Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 02:57 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No he didn't , General Kelly did..
From the article:
Quote:
Mahlock was nominated by President Donald Trump, and Defense Secretary James Mattis announced the nomination on Tuesday.
But hey, whatever you need to do so that you don't have to open your eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 03:03 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Theron is free to express her concerns. You guys are free to ignore her, and all the other celebrities that you claim are irrelevant & you couldn't care less what they have to say. But you don't.
We're also free to express our laughter at the irony of her critiquing America, while completely ignoring the MASSIVE racism and genocide against whites happening in her home country. Hypocrite much Charlie?

It's like they can't see past their own noses.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:15 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,852,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Perhaps she can return to the racial paradise she came from...

She's only noticing racism as she now has black kids....

Old 04-14-2018, 03:30 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
We're also free to express our laughter at the irony of her critiquing America, while completely ignoring the MASSIVE racism and genocide against whites happening in her home country. Hypocrite much Charlie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
She's only noticing racism as she now has black kids....
Yeah---i hear celebrities actually get more liberal brownie points if they adopt black kids vs other races. the more pathetic the kids are, the more lib cred they get. They pass these poor kids around like they are designer pets for other lib celebrities to paw and talk about..its really nothing more than designer slavery...

Old 04-14-2018, 03:44 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Well, for as much as I want to tell Theron "don't leave, keep hanging in there", I can tell she has more empathy for things a Black person might go through compared to most of the posters on this thread. At least she understands that her Black children will likely go through some discrimination and prejudice. And I will admit this as a Black man. There are times I have thought about leaving the USA. Based on the fact that I'm still here, I haven't left.

I feel more empathy for what she's saying, even if there is part of me that disagrees. I'd like for her to stay, for her children to stay. On the other hand, I won't lie and say I haven't felt the same way. I've been called the N word, I've been called other racial slurs, I've been threatened with violence for being Black, I've been in situations with very strong racial tensions. I've been told "go back to Africa". It has not only been Whites I've dealt with this from. I've dealt with racism from Hispanic persons, and South Asian persons. I've even met African immigrants who look down on Black Americans. I'll admit that there are many times I feel like Black Americans are the most hated group in America.

Because of this, I don't feel any urge to be hard on Charlize Theron. And before anyone tries to pull that "you have it better than Africans in Africa" crap, let me tell you this. I'm in AMERICA. As someone who was born and raised in America, as an American, my concerns are how I am viewed as treated as a Black American vis a vis the rest of the USA population. That is what I care about. I care about how I'm viewed vis a vis the majority.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:01 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I think you might not know any biracial families
They NEVER really can escape race-baiting, derogatory comments because people with those opinions live all over the US and in every income stream and political/religious persuasion
There are plenty of people who vote Democratic who are likely racist--and maybe don't even know it

And Obama didn't "set the races" against each other
He just gave racists a focal point they had long been missing--
Because he became POTUS...
Tell me stories of actual discrimination, not just people saying derogatory comments. As you said, people get that everywhere. Where it becomes a problem is if you can’t get a job because of it.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:04 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Maybe we can start a gofundme page to help her find her safe country.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Actress Charlize Theron said in an interview that she has considered leaving the United States for the sake of her adopted children due to increased concerns over "racism."
"I don’t even know how to talk about the last year under our new administration. But racism is much more alive and well than people thought," she told Elle Magazine.
Theron said due to the current political and social climates in the country, she wants to ensure her African-American children, ages six and two, feel safe.

Charlize Theron Considers Leaving America: 'Racism Is Much More Alive and Well' | Fox News Insider
I don't think that America needs to be the "perfect place" for all the world's people to live in. Some people will not like this country and will prefer to live somewhere else, and there is nothing wrong with that.

The world has 190+ countries to choose from.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:09 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Yeah---i hear celebrities actually get more liberal brownie points if they adopt black kids vs other races. the more pathetic the kids are, the more lib cred they get. They pass these poor kids around like they are designer pets for other lib celebrities to paw and talk about..its really nothing more than designer slavery...
That’s ridiculous. If her kids are slaves, then I wish I was. Her kids have now joined the ranks of extreme wealth and privilege.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:10 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Perhaps she can return to the racial paradise she came from...
indeed...

Old 04-14-2018, 04:21 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Theron is free to express her concerns. You guys are free to ignore her, and all the other celebrities that you claim are irrelevant & you couldn't care less what they have to say. But you don't.
Ooh snap.

Smack is whack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No he didn't , General Kelly did..
From the article:
Quote:
Mahlock was nominated by President Donald Trump, and Defense Secretary James Mattis announced the nomination on Tuesday.

But hey, whatever you need to do so that you don't have to open your eyes.
Ooh a double-snap paddy-whack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies