Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 07:24 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,154,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Make America High Again

—

The Trump administration is abandoning a Justice Department threat to crack down on recreational marijuana in states where it is legal, a move that could enable cannabis businesses in California and other states that have legalized pot to operate without fear of federal raids and prosecution.
President Trump personally directed the abrupt retreat, which came at the behest of Republican Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado. White House officials confirmed the policy shift Friday. Trump did not inform Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions in advance of the change in policy, an almost unheard of undermining of a Cabinet official.

Trump administration abandons crackdown on legal marijuana
He realizes stoners just live to get stoned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 07:27 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,667,746 times
From the OP link:

"Furthermore, President Trump has assured me that he will support a federalism-based legislative solution to fix this states' rights issue once and for all."

White House officials confirmed that Gardner's comments accurately reflect the administration's position.

"The president did speak with Sen. Gardner yesterday and again today," White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders told reporters Friday at the White House. She said "the president is a firm believer" in states' rights and confirmed Gardner's account of the assurances he received from the president was accurate.
-------------
And that is exactly what Trump said during his presidential campaign. It should be a state issue.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:28 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,667,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
He realizes stoners just live to get stoned.
And stoner haters just live to hate stoners. Right?

Old 04-15-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
And stoner haters just live to hate stoners. Right?
I don’t hate.

But people who turn to a chemical substance for escapism are losers and deserving of nothing.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,984,866 times
Quote:
Nobody said all drugs are good. That's not the issue.

Governments have no right to tell me how to live my life including what to eat, drink, smoke, who to have sex with and how to spend my money.
I disagree when we end up responsible for caring for your kids.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,984,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don’t hate.

But people who turn to a chemical substance for escapism are losers and deserving of nothing.
Nearly everyone does that in one way or another.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:37 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,376,975 times
Quote:
Nobody said all drugs are good. That's not the issue.

Governments have no right to tell me how to live my life including what to eat, drink, smoke, who to have sex with and how to spend my money.
Get real, dude. We know those drugs are dangerous, and laws against their availability are of common sense.

Now pass that joint, bogart.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:38 AM

18,407 posts, read 7,030,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
The timing of this is interesting.

I believe Trump is peeved and annoyed at Sessions after this Cohen raid thing. I also believe when Trump is pi*ssed at someone he finds a way to p*ss off the offending person. In this case it's Sessions.

So it would not surprise me that Trump knew taking this position would really, really p*ss of Sessions, maybe even to the point of getting him to resign.

The bigger question goes out to Trump supporters: Do you think it is possible that Trump chooses whether to support or fight issues like The Legalization of Marijuana based on political reasons only, rather than whether or not it is the right thing to do?

Regardless of his motivations, I think it's one of the smartest moves he could make politically.

Most of his base is indifferent about weed and some even support legalization.

If he came out in support of full legalization, it would be a win/win for him.

There really would be no downside.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:42 AM

19,969 posts, read 8,872,686 times
All Trump has to do to get re-elected is campaign on legalization of marijuana.

Old 04-15-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nearly everyone does that in one way or another.
Not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies