Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2018, 11:02 PM

1,094 posts, read 498,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
When are we going to require congress to authorize these acts? What happened to trump saying he was going to get us out of there? Assad will still be in power so what will be accomplished???
All really good points. Nothing of any substance accomplished. The civil war in Syria is over. Trump should follow his own previous advice before, and leave. The idea of a president acting on his own is crazy, that's only for immediate threat on the US and that isn't here. Syria is no threat to us at all, we're not even sure who used chem weapons or if they were used, the OCPW is there to find out. This is why have to consult Congress first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2018, 11:38 PM

911 posts, read 261,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime
Again, to our very foolish leader, do not attack Syria - if you do many very bad things will happen & from that fight the U.S. gets nothing!
I dont think he has the mental power to realise what he is getting us into!!!

Old 04-13-2018, 11:45 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,507,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitey View Post
democrats circa 2012: Reset button, tell vlad i'll have more flexibility after the election, the 1980s called, they want their foreign policy back.

Democrats 2016 to half an hour ago: Trump is a putin puppet, trump coddles russia, trump refuses to get tough with russia, trump's mouth is putin's "c#*k holster."

democrats now: "omg we're gonna upset russia!"

make up your damn minds.
x100.

Old 04-13-2018, 11:48 PM

17,980 posts, read 27,436,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
Siding with peace and non-intervention isn't siding with Syria and Russia; it's siding with the AMERICAN TAXPAYER who is forced to once again pay for military aggression on a sovereign country that has never threatened nor declared war on us.
It's not a war.

It's an immediate and quick deterrent to using chemical WMDs.

Show me proof Assad didn't do this, and "But we didn't do nufin" don't count.

He did this so y'all can set your conspiracies aside.

Even John McCain agrees with the action, but then goes a little bsc with his plans of how he'd have done this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Democrats circa 2012: Reset button, tell Vlad I'll have more flexibility after the election, the 1980s called, they want their foreign policy back.

Democrats 2016 to half an hour ago: Trump is a Putin puppet, Trump coddles Russia, Trump refuses to get tough with Russia, Trump's mouth is Putin's "c#*k holster."

Democrats now: "OMG we're gonna upset Russia!"

Make up your damn minds.
x100.
Oh yeah, liberals... Don't waste your breath... Pearls before swine, yada yada...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
I do not support Assad against the rebels. But he is winning the civil war with the help of the Russians and the demise of ISIS. The rebels in Douma have pulled out since they were probably losing for some time. There was no point in him using illegal weapons at that stage of the conflict.

Trump famously announced on March 29th America will pull out of Syria very soon. And suprise, 2 weeks later an unnecessary chemical attack is launched by Assad, pulling the US back into the conflict even deeper.

Assad's only interest is to make sure Trump follows through on his promise to leave...Why use illegal weapons when US soldiers almost have one foot out the door ?

Some people do not want Assad to remain in power, the same people who made sure Qaddafi and Saddam are removed from power, and tried to also remove Omar Hassan Al Bechir from power in Sudan after splitting his country in half.

In September 2001, the plan was already to take down Iraq, Syria, Libya, Iran and Lebanon. All the enemies of Israel are on this list.

Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia cooperate with Israel.

I haven't had time to check the vid out yet, but I do understand this. Saddam Hussein was bad but his followers not necessarily so. With him out of power or just gone maybe they aren't the same people. This may be true of the situation here, not sure.

Be nice to not meddle in the Middle East but no chems period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Its a war crime to attack a sovereign nation. It is also a war crime to build military bases on said nations.

America is the bad guy in this story, face facts.
Obama has let Russia get a foothold there. Now that's a problem we must fix.

"But his campaign has so far been met with a surprising lack of support from his former colleagues in the military. Several of his onetime Pentagon bosses have publicly declared that they will not support him. Those declarations have pointed up one of the candidate's major liabilities: Too many of those who have worked with him can't stand him."

Oh, so he's a military man turned political hack deep stater. Makes sense. General Wesley Clarke, could I introduce you to Rino John McCain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corascant View Post
Moderator cut: personal attack There isn't any proof of anything that happened, the agencies that looked at attack a few years ago now say Nusra probably did it, and we don't know what went on a few days ago, that's what OCPW went in there to investigate. It's about siding with anybody, it's about avoiding stupid wars and breaking basic laws by invading countries, where we have no business, won't gain anything and no strategic connection. Have you forgotten Iraq and all the disasters we suffered due to the lies of the WMD? Our national debt exploded because of that, just delaying inevitable until it catches up and causes a lot of grief.
Think more, post less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
If any country struck the US like this, would you say it is an act of war or not?
Well let me ask you this first, how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?

Quote:
If any country struck the US like this, would you say it is an act of war or not?
I disagree.

Last edited by McGowdog; 04-14-2018 at 12:37 AM..

Old 04-13-2018, 11:57 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,422,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
It's not a war.

Even John McCain agrees with the action, but then goes a little bsc with his plans of how he'd have done this.

Oh yeah, liberals... Don't waste your breath... Pearls before swine, yada yada...
Its a war crime to attack a sovereign nation. It is also a war crime to build military bases on said nations.

America is the bad guy in this story, face facts.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:02 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,796,471 times
Quote:
It's not a war.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:10 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,793,528 times
Quote:
Does any other country have their troops stationed in our country like we are in theirs? I know they have some troops here to train with ours but not to the magnitude as we are in other countries.
Are other countries in our country under an operation under NATO such as "train, advise, assist"?
Think about it, France and UK are not going to just go into something with the US unless there is something to support it.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:15 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,422,873 times
Quote:

Obama has let Russia get a foothold there. Now that's a problem we must fix.

"But his campaign has so far been met with a surprising lack of support from his former colleagues in the military. Several of his onetime Pentagon bosses have publicly declared that they will not support him. Those declarations have pointed up one of the candidate's major liabilities: Too many of those who have worked with him can't stand him."

Oh, so he's a military man turned political hack deep stater. Makes sense. General Wesley Clarke, could I introduce you to Rino John McCain?
No, Russia was invited by the legitimate Syrian government to help stop us backed terrorist from destroying the country. The entire Pentagon should be put on trial.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:21 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,634,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
Does any other country have their troops stationed in our country like we are in theirs? I know they have some troops here to train with ours but not to the magnitude as we are in other countries.
Are other countries in our country under an operation under NATO such as "train, advise, assist"?
Think about it, France and UK are not going to just go into something with the US unless there is something to support it.
Mexico maybe ?
Millions of them here but they are more of a uninvited gorilla force and their training seems to be learning to drive and whatever damage they can do accessing schools, hospitals, jails etc..........

There was a name for it but it gets censored if mentioned.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:28 AM

8,750 posts, read 3,114,561 times
Quote:
It's not a war.

$150 million taxpayer dollars. For now.

ONE-HUNDRED FIFTY MILLION STOLEN TAXPAYER DOLLARS.

MY stolen income. I never consented to bombing a sovereign country.

Wasted for NO REASON.

Taxation is theft.

Quote:
War… is harmful, not only to the conquered but to the conqueror. Society has arisen out of the works of peace; the essence of society is peacemaking. Peace and not war is the father of all things. Only economic action has created the wealth around us; labor, not the profession of arms, brings happiness. Peace builds, war destroys. - Ludwig von Mises
Quote:
The libertarian's basic attitude toward war must then be: it is legitimate to use violence against criminals in defense of one's rights of person and property; it is completely impermissible to violate the rights of other innocent people. War, then, is only proper when the exercise of violence is rigorously limited to the individual criminals. We may judge for ourselves how many wars or conflicts in history have met this criterion. - Murray Rothbard
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies