Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 09:36 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,749,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
very interesting, after we had been told over and over how polite they were and how they offered to leave after the cops showed up
They were probably on the verge of brokering a huge commercial real estate deal, so they got miffed.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:38 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
They were probably on the verge of brokering a huge commercial real estate deal, so they got miffed.
Don't believe it. Even if true, that does not give them a right to curse at the manager, and insult the police, being disorderly, and causing a disturbance.

Nice try.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:39 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Now they will sue Starbucks for their lost commission . Their commission was going to be in the six figures of course .

Old 04-18-2018, 09:39 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
How funny would it be if they were going to buy the building where that Starbucks was in.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's not tripe.

not just any people. CUSTOMERS.
do you know what a customer is?
Yes. And I understand that you have been trying to define these men as not customers, because they hadn't engaged in a financial transaction. But you see, I've actually managed a restaurant before, and I've managed a mall. Someone who comes into a mall is a customer. Whether they buy anything or not, they are a customer, because the potential to buy is there. Someone who comes into a Starbucks and sits at a table is a customer, whether they've bought anything or not. Because the potential to buy is there. That is ALWAYS the assumption of managers of businesses. A person who comes in the door is a customer, because just the fact that they have entered means they are a potential sale.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
How funny would it be if they were going to buy the building where that Starbucks was in.
They were . Rumor has it they are like the Donald Trumps of Philly .

Old 04-18-2018, 09:43 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes. And I understand that you have been trying to define these men as not customers, because they hadn't engaged in a financial transaction. But you see, I've actually managed a restaurant before, and I've managed a mall. Someone who comes into a mall is a customer. Whether they buy anything or not, they are a customer, because the potential to buy is there. Someone who comes into a Starbucks and sits at a table is a customer, whether they've bought anything or not. Because the potential to buy is there. That is ALWAYS the assumption of managers of businesses. A person who comes in the door is a customer, because just the fact that they have entered means they are a potential sale.
In sales, commerce and economics, a customer (sometimes known as a client, buyer, or purchaser) is the recipient of a good, service, product or an idea - obtained from a seller, vendor, or supplier via a financial transaction or exchange for money or some other valuable consideration.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2001 View Post
So, just to make sure I understand this, you believe that day was the day the manager was going to chase off black people and those just happened to be the first two black people she targeted?

That could be the case. It could also be the case that something else happened to have her target these two men, which might be a prior incident.
Yeah this is why we need the whole story .

But of course we will never get it .

Old 04-18-2018, 09:45 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
You are wrong. If you shop at a mall you are a potential customer. You are allowed to look around to see if you want to buy anything,

You can't go window shopping at a Starbucks.

You can go in look around to see if anything interests you and leave if you choose not to buy, but when you sit down and refuse to buy something you are not a customer.

cus·tom·er
ˈkəstəmər/Submit
noun
a person or organization that buys goods or services from a store or business.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
wrong. until they make a purchase, they are a potential customer. otherwise you've just opened up the door of every business in the country for anyone and everyone to hang out and use whatever facilities are available without patronizing the business and making it undesirable for ACTUAL customers who want to buy something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies