Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 10:25 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
This has been posted multiple times:

"Lauren said another woman had entered the Starbucks minutes before the men were arrested and was given the bathroom code without having to buy anything and that another person in the restaurant at the time of the incident "announced that she had been sitting at Starbucks for the past couple of hours without buying anything.""

https://www.google.com/amp/abc13.com...rests/3342444/
Thanks-this does change things.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:29 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post

You should be sure about how you feel about someone getting doxxed. It's reprehensible.
Especially considering that you're a mod for this site.
Woah now... I am anti-doxxing. Don't misread it. I meant that I wasn't sure how I felt her name not being protected (even though names of store managers usually always wind up on the news)... all of her other personal info coming out is just not okay.

p.s. Me being a mod has nothing to do with it. I don't mod P&OC and I'm sure not given access to any special info as a mod here re: people's actual identities.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:29 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Allow me to rephrase. Calling the police, who may arrest someone, because that person wanted to use the bathroom and you politely told them they needed to make a purchase to use the restroom and they just sat back down to wait for the rest of their party to arrive isn't okay. It's extreme.

If the gentleman was told he could not use the restroom until he made a purchase and he threatened someone, called someone names, made rude hand gestures, etc... maybe I can see why a woman would call instead of continuing to engage the person. But, there is no indication that this sort of thing happened at all.
it was linked previously.

Quote:
The police incident report, obtained Tuesday by the Inquirer and Daily News, said the two men — who have not been identified — cursed at the store manager and refused to leave even though officers asked “multiple times.” It also accused the men of insulting the police by saying, “Cops don’t know the laws,” and “Y’all make 45G a year,” remarks to which Police Commissioner Richard Ross alluded in his explanation of the events, released on video Saturday.
Philly police dispatcher after 911 call: 'group of males' was 'causing a disturbance' at Starbucks

Old 04-18-2018, 10:31 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times
Quote:

"Lauren said another woman had entered the Starbucks minutes before the men were arrested and was given the bathroom code without having to buy anything and that another person in the restaurant at the time of the incident "announced that she had been sitting at Starbucks for the past couple of hours without buying anything.""

Had not heard these details, but this definitely puts the event in a different perspective. At first I thought this manager was simply clueless, now you really have to wonder if there was bias involved.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:32 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
I'm just gonna sit back, sip on a Dunkin Donuts coffee, and watch the lunatic liberal left eat each other from the inside out. Watching these people screaming with megaphones at their precious Starbucks employees is just dandy!

Why aren't these same people screaming outside the homes of black on black criminals? Huh? Why isn't BLM concentrating their efforts on their own community? Its a joke. A sick, sick, sad, pathetic joke.
Why isn't BLM protesting unfair police practices?
Quote:
Ferguson’s law enforcement practices are shaped by the City’s focus on revenue rather
than by public safety needs. This emphasis on revenue has compromised the institutional
character of Ferguson’s police department, contributing to a pattern of unconstitutional policing,
and has also shaped its municipal court, leading to procedures that raise due process concerns
and inflict unnecessary harm on members of the Ferguson community. Further, Ferguson’s
police and municipal court practices both reflect and exacerbate existing racial bias, including
racial stereotypes. Ferguson’s own data establish clear racial disparities that adversely impact
African Americans. The evidence shows that discriminatory intent is part of the reason for these
disparities.
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...ent_report.pdf

Oh yeah, they did that.
Probably you were sipping on your coffee then too, no?

Old 04-18-2018, 10:34 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it was linked previously.
It is interesting that the only video shows calm interactions, but I did wonder why so many police officers were there for something as simple as trespass in a Starbucks.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:37 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
It is interesting that the only video shows calm interactions, but I did wonder why so many police officers were there for something as simple as trespass in a Starbucks.
when a call comes in, police officers who are in the vicinity report to the place where there has been a problem reported....if they are not already on a call....and that is why, I'm thinking? That isn't written in stone, though, b/c every department is different.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:38 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:

That witness is a SJW whose bias would cloud her account of what happened. She is most likely telling a partial story and leaving pertinent details out.

Old 04-18-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Woah now... I am anti-doxxing. Don't misread it.
Here's what you said
Quote:
I'm not sure how I feel about her being doxxed,
How do you feel about her being doxxed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin2001 View Post
I don't see in that report where he was shot in the back like the "witness" claimed. Can you highlight it for me?
What are you talking about?

You said you don't believe witnesses because witnesses are unreliable.

I asked you why, then, you believe police when police are also unreliable.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...ent_report.pdf
Quote:
Ferguson’s law enforcement practices are shaped by the City’s focus on revenue rather
than by public safety needs. This emphasis on revenue has compromised the institutional
character of Ferguson’s police department, contributing to a pattern of unconstitutional policing,
and has also shaped its municipal court, leading to procedures that raise due process concerns
and inflict unnecessary harm on members of the Ferguson community. Further, Ferguson’s
police and municipal court practices both reflect and exacerbate existing racial bias, including
racial stereotypes. Ferguson’s own data establish clear racial disparities that adversely impact
African Americans. The evidence shows that discriminatory intent is part of the reason for these
disparities.
https://www.justice.gov/crt/file/883296/download
Quote:
After engaging in a thorough investigation, initiated at
the request of the City of Baltimore and BPD, the Department of Justice concludes that there is
reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of conduct that violates the
Constitution or federal law. BPD engages in a pattern or practice of:
(1) making unconstitutional stops, searches, and arrests;
(2) using enforcement strategies that produce severe and unjustified disparities in the rates of
stops, searches and arrests of African Americans;
(3) using excessive force; and
(4) retaliating against people engaging in constitutionally-protected expression

Old 04-18-2018, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That witness is a SJW
Citation requested
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies