Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2018, 04:55 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,745,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
So if their friend was there why didn't they just leave with him and go spend their money at a better establishment. Seems really stupid to get arrested instead.
Because the cops realized the black guys were right when they said they was waiting for another person and didn't want to look foolish in front of everyone. So they probably just went along with the arrest even though they guy they were meeting with showed up at Starbucks.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:10 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Don't be silly. She paid to be on that bus.
These men were doing the same thing as many others also.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
They did do something, it's called criminal trespass and they were arrested for it.
They were arrested for being black and not jumping when they were told to.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:17 PM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They were arrested for being black and not jumping when they were told to.
Can you show the arrest report? I have seen many arrest reports. Never seen one with that typed up. Please oh wise one, show me the report or just admit you are making stuff up again as usual.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Can you show the arrest report? I have seen many arrest reports. Never seen one with that typed up. Please oh wise one, show me the report or just admit you are making stuff up again as usual.
I saw the video and the claim from the prosecutor that no law was broken, which leaves.............

Old 04-16-2018, 05:32 PM

33,324 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
There were other people in the store who did not buy anything and were sitting there.
There's a report that another white person came into the store, asked for the bathroom code, and was given it.

Racists get the benefit of the doubt, way too often.
This is the United States of America, and Racism is as American as Apple Pie.
Is it possible that the manager was just stupid, sure, but the odds are she was racist and stupid.
Racist people don't need facts or proof to stand by their racism (just look at this thread), so I don't see any point in waiting this out.
I've been to a few thousand different Starbucks in 48 states, and to some in other countries. The only Starbucks that I've ever patronized that had keypad locks for the bathrooms have all been either in dense/fairly dense urban areas with a dearth of public restrooms, or in areas with a significant homeless problem, or areas that satisfy both of those descriptions. In each case, the code was always given out if you bought something. IIRC, each one had a hand written sign up that informed people that the restrooms were for customers.

Eleven or twelve years ago, I patronized (a few times) a Starbucks that was fairly close to the main campus of Rutgers University. People who appeared to be homeless would wander in and beg customers for change. Another patron told me that management was aware of this, but chose to not take any action. All of said homeless people I saw were people of color.

I've also been to some stand alone Starbucks that have no public bathroom at all.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I've been to a few thousand different Starbucks in 48 states, and to some in other countries. The only Starbucks that I've ever patronized that had keypad locks for the bathrooms have all been either in dense/fairly dense urban areas with a dearth of public restrooms, or in areas with a significant homeless problem, or areas that satisfy both of those descriptions. In each case, the code was always given out if you bought something. IIRC, each one had a hand written sign up that informed people that the restrooms were for customers.

Eleven or twelve years ago, I patronized (a few times) a Starbucks that was fairly close to the main campus of Rutgers University. People who appeared to be homeless would wander in and beg customers for change. Another patron told me that management was aware of this, but chose to not take any action. All of said homeless people I saw were people of color.

I've also been to some stand alone Starbucks that have no public bathroom at all.
Homeless people have got to quit wearing the "homeless" signs around their necks so you can so easily pick them out.

Old 04-16-2018, 05:39 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Because the cops realized the black guys were right when they said they was waiting for another person and didn't want to look foolish in front of everyone. So they probably just went along with the arrest even though they guy they were meeting with showed up at Starbucks.
And that made them look less foolish how?

Old 04-16-2018, 05:48 PM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
You completely missed my point.

There are always “reports.”

A good many turn out to be bull.
Reports supported by the videos, and the Twitter thread.
Which seem to be backed up by the police not pressing charges, the CEO apologizing twice, offering to meet the guys, and the removal of the manager.

Unless you know something we don't.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:18 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Homeless people have got to quit wearing the "homeless" signs around their necks so you can so easily pick them out.
LOL You made it about if it's hard or not hard to spot a homeless person and you ignore the comment that only people of color do it at the one the poster frequents???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies