Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 08:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
like I said before, I went into a coffee shop with my grand daughter, to check my email every day, and we didn't order anything, on the 2nd day, the manager came over and asked me to order something, if I planned on sitting there, b/c like Starbucks, there are only a certain amount of seats, that they like to save for customers...what, are customers supposed to stand and eat their crescent while you sit at table and didn't order a thing...?
The manager didn't say that and has been pointed out many times, watch the video, there was a bunch of empty tables.

It's been pointed out probably 30 times that Starbucks has explained they are a community hub and you do NOT have to order anything.

Not that the facts will sway anything.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:02 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Clearly you've never been in a Starbucks nor have you read the contents of this thread.
and clearly you have never been in a Philly Starbucks.....come back to the arts, and visit Philly....

regardless, I don't believe you understood or ever will....

Old 04-17-2018, 08:03 AM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
I hope these two gentlemen did a peaceful boycott to bring awareness to racial discrimination and fire their lawyers and refuse any settlement of money.

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
No, but it means that assuming racism in Philly after there were clear abnormalities in the behavior of the parties arrested(being there for a long time without buying, refusing a police order, whatever happened between them and the manager in-between) is asinine.
So you should always do what police are telling you to do even if you have broken no laws?

And you should be expected to be arrested yourself if you ask the police a question....?

You are also showing yourself to want a gestapo police state.

In regards to "assuming racism" racism is plainly evident when only one "race" has police called on them for waiting at a table when other people of a different race were waiting longer without buying anything.

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL at you. You are one of the posters who exclaimed to be upset about the white man with the holstered gun having police called on him but you are okay with two black dudes sitting down with no guns having police called on them.

You are okay with a victim mentality as long as it fits your idea of what a victim is.
The guy with the gun wasn't trespassing in a PRIVATE business. He was acting in a law abiding manner in a PUBLIC PARK. Maybe these guys should have called Al Sharpton, huh?

Old 04-17-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
I hope these two gentlemen did a peaceful boycott to bring awareness to racial discrimination and fire their lawyers and refuse any settlement of money.
LOL, you would hope.

I hope they get a good settlement in order to increase their real estate business

Old 04-17-2018, 08:06 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL IMO in both situations, the police 1 - should not have been called and 2 - if called no arrest should have been made since no laws were broken.

That's the difference between you and me. I can see all men as law abiding men and I don't like anyone to be harrassed by police or arrested if they are not breaking any laws.

Too bad you and others cannot be more consistent with your views on this sort of scenario.
The manager of the store is made responsible to decide when police should be called. Not you. Not me. Not the media. It is his job and he knows the location guidelines for managing the space. In fact, his enforcement of them is why I assume that he has not and will not be fired. Starbucks would then be dealing with a visible lawsuit, and it would come out that, in fact, the manager was acting according to policy. Starbucks wants to be the social justice chain, and has for a long time, and so it doesn't want that. Its essentially willfully beholden to the media's judgement on how it should be run.

Normal people rarely would choose to get into a confrontation with a store manager when asked to leave after being parked there for a long time without buying.

Refusing a police order is breaking the law.

The rest falls apart after that. Anything else?

Old 04-17-2018, 08:08 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,935,751 times
Now there is another video out of California with a black man being refused access to Starbucks bathroom.

California Man Claims Starbucks Denied Him Restroom Access In New Video « CBS Philly

Old 04-17-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The guy with the gun wasn't trespassing in a PRIVATE business. He was acting in a law abiding manner in a PUBLIC PARK. Maybe these guys should have called Al Sharpton, huh?

LOL, again, victims are only a certain type of person to you.

You show your true colors often. Very hypocritical POV

And lol that you mention Al Sharpton, always a white person who mentions him and knows what he is up to. I frequent a lot of black media sites/channels and haven't heard Sharpton mentioned one time or even know if he has said anything about this.

On the park and the business, in this country both places Americans have a right to equal accommodation unless laws are broken. In both cases no laws were broken, but you are okay with the non-armed black dudes being arrested and are outraged that the police was even called on the white dude even though he wasn't arrested. I'm glad the white dude wasn't arrested and wish the black dudes got the same treatment - just a call for a misunderstanding, good police officers see what's going on and leave. But of course black men getting arrested is "proof" of black men's criminality. Note that their arrest will be logged and you and others will use it to cite how criminally prone black people are to fuel your racial bias. But you'll see the poor white man as a victim of a "snowflake" lol. You all are a trip.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:09 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
People don’t have a right to hang out at a private business and not purchase anything .

This isn’t fair for paying customers as they buy their items and then there isn’t anywhere to sit and enjoy them .

If you are asked to leave you don’t have a right to stay .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies