Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2018, 12:20 PM

1,239 posts, read 506,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
So it’s societies fault right ? Blacks can’t help themselves and they have to commit crime because they live in poverty ?

What happened to personal responsibility.

This is a weak argument because that would mean all poor people commit crime which isn’t true .

I used the murder and rape argument because they are both very serious crimes and blacks disproportionately commit more .

The problem is people that are in denial and don’t even want to hear the facts .

Which is what we are seeing in this thread .

This doesn’t mean black people are bad but there is a serious problem . It’s not just committing crime but kids growing up without both parents etc .

Again personal responsibility.

60% of rapes in the US are committed by white people
That number goes even higher when you are dealing with rapes of minors.
Those are crimes that show the true sickness of an individual. Not one led to by circumstance, but by being a disgusting human being. We, white people lead the way.

Real personal responsibility means realizing that your actions, effect others, which in turn effects society.

The Personal Responsibility that rich white people try to push is: "I got mine, screw everyone else."

Old 04-17-2018, 12:23 PM

52,360 posts, read 34,115,484 times
Quote:
They had the CEO apologize and the manager got fired .

So is Starbucks still “racist “?
of course

Starbucks to close all company-owned stores on the afternoon of May 29 for racial-bias education day

indoctrination day begins in 12 days.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:23 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,645,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
The Personal Responsibility that rich white people try to push is: "I got mine, screw everyone else."
Nice blanket generalization, for a person who purports to rail against stereotype and profiling. And for those rich "white" people you're talking about, the attitude is actually more like "I had to work for mine, you should have to work for yours"

Old 04-17-2018, 12:26 PM

1,239 posts, read 506,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Nice blanket generalization, for a person who purports to rail against stereotype and profiling. And for those rich "white" people you're talking about, the attitude is actually more like "I had to work for mine, you should have to work for yours"
What a joke, this thread is literally nothing but trying to make blanket generalizations about black people.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:31 PM

26,977 posts, read 13,226,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
And since laptop theft is at a very high rate at coffee shops (Starbucks), I would imagine two guys just sitting around not ordering anything may raise some question.
I agree, you can't expect to just sit down in a cafe, coffee shop or restaurant and then not order anything.

I don't know what the law is in the US, but in the UK Trespass is generally a Civil Matter with the exception of sensitive sites, military bases, the railways etc.

Shops are private businesses and publicans, like all property owners, have the right to determine who can come onto their premises or not. If a shop manager or representative tells you to leave the premises (in legal terms, withdraws the implied licence or permission that you have to enter their premises) you would commit the tort of trespass if you were to re-enter the premises and the landlord would be entitled to eject you – though many would prefer to call the police – and, if they chose to do so, claim damages from you.

If you intentionally obstruct, disrupt, or intimidatr others from carrying out ‘lawful activities’ whilst tresspassing then it becomes a criminal offence known as Aggravated trespass, for which is the penalty in the UK kind be a £2,500 fine and three months in prison.

I am sure the US has similar laws.

Nobody has to let you in to a private premises indeed doormen often refuse people entry in relation to night clubs, and you can be barred from a pub/bar or other venue if your behaviour is deemed unacceptable.

I certainly don't think this was a race issue, and was more likely an issue to do with people taking up valuable space in a coffee shop without making a purchase, which is the expected thing to do in the circumstances, as Starbucks is a business with overheads to pay and not a community centre for lunging around in, as for the protests, they were as stupid and pointless as ever, and everyone is sick of the race card being played in relation to common sense issues.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:34 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
Just found out the manager who called the cops at Starbucks has been fired.
Parasites cost another job.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:40 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,967,602 times
Race issue in America has gone too god damn far. Folks need to stop this issue and realize the real issue is class and inequality. Sadly the liberal left from the far left spectrum to center left all but abandoned the class issue. The left makes money off of race hustling!

Old 04-17-2018, 12:42 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,631,549 times
Quote:
So it’s societies fault right ? Blacks can’t help themselves and they have to commit crime because they live in poverty ?

What happened to personal responsibility.

This is a weak argument because that would mean all poor people commit crime which isn’t true .

I used the murder and rape argument because they are both very serious crimes and blacks disproportionately commit more .

The problem is people that are in denial and don’t even want to hear the facts .

Which is what we are seeing in this thread .

This doesn’t mean black people are bad but there is a serious problem . It’s not just committing crime but kids growing up without both parents etc .

Again personal responsibility.

So you are saying that because some blacks commit crimes that all should be regarded as criminals.

Got it.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:45 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,101,644 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8t5l8_snUo

Old 04-17-2018, 12:45 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,631,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Same here too. Yesterday on my drive to work, the local media on the radio was basically stating that two black males asked to use a Starbuck's bathroom and the cops were called. Didn't make sense to me at all. Knowing all about the media's agenda, I held out to learn more. Sure enough, more came out.

So the truth of the matter is, the cops were called because these two guys were refusing to leave, not because they asked to use the bathroom. I can't count how many places I go in where on the front door there is a sign that reads "Restroom for customers only". So basically what's going on now? Are they going to take that away from business owners now?

So the bathroom is already a touchy situation as Starbucks, not to mention the rising rate of laptop thefts happening there. So yeah, I'm sure someone refusing to leave would have the cops called in short order, I would imagine.
Was anyone else who was just sitting and not ordering anything asked to leave?

If you or anyone else can prove that every single person in that Starbucks who was occupying a table without ordering was treated exactly the same way, I'll believe it wasn't racism.

Until then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies