Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2018, 11:20 AM

50,105 posts, read 46,689,362 times

Advertisements

Come to think of it, the guy should have just left leaving loony tunes to talk to the cops and get a lecture about how it's legal to open carry in that State and to quit wasting tax payer money and LE's time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 11:21 AM

7,466 posts, read 4,294,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Remember the fair-skinned thug who murdered 17 people in Parkland?

And Sutherland Springs?

What about Vegas?

Good for this woman. Exercising her right to call the police when SHE determined a potential threat. I’m sure she didn’t factor the backlash from insecure, insignificant, irrelevant people crying on the internet, so good.

Nothing happened. The woman did what she felt she needed to do, the cop did his job and the man was let go with his little gun. Get over it.
Since you're all about making this a racial issue. Suppose it had been a black man who was lawfully carrying a gun wearing a Black Lives Matter t-shirt that she called the police on? I guess you'd be applauding her actions too?

I'll tell you what I'm gonna' do. The next time I see a black man wearing a t-shirt that I deem to be threatening I'm gonna' call the cops whether he's armed or not. Or how about all of those scary looking individuals that cover their bodies with tattoos. Fair enough?

Not too long ago one of those individuals entered our local supermarket, his face and head was tattooed to look like a skull with blood dripping from the corner of it's mouth, his arms had tattoos of daggers with blood dripping from them too. Shaved head, neck tattoos, the works. He was the center of attention that's for sure. People kept their distance from him, he scared the living' sh*t outta' my wife. Something was definitely not right upstairs. I'd never seen anything like it in my life. However he wasn't bothering anyone other than by his appearance and yet no one called the cops.

Old 04-20-2018, 11:33 AM

7,466 posts, read 4,294,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
A person WIELDING a gun, and not dropping it after being ordered by police is VERY different from someone with a HOLSTERED gun playing with his kids. Maybe there are some that don't understand, nor WANT to understand these blatant differences out of political motivation.
You're exactly right. I'm surprised that happened in Texas though. Either she just moved there and was shocked to see someone openly carrying a gun or she was an anti gun activist who just wanted to harass a lawful gun carrier. Maybe that's their new strategy? If so they're just too stupid to realize that they are tying up the police when they might be needed for a real emergency.

Why these people also don't understand is that there is a big difference between mere suspicion and an individuals known history of violent or erratical behavior. There has to be probable cause before any legal action can be taken otherwise the prisons would be full of people that were merely accused by people who for some reason or the other didn't like another person and their political beliefs. Maybe that's what the Left wants.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:17 PM

11,078 posts, read 10,638,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
false. There was a person with a gun in a playground with children. She did a very reasonable thing in calling the police to check out the situation.
A guy with a holstered gun that was in plain sight doing nothing other than playing with his kids.

And while she waited for the police to show up she took it upon herself to tell other park visitors to stay away because there was a guy with a gun.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:33 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,072,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
A guy with a holstered gun that was in plain sight doing nothing other than playing with his kids.

And while she waited for the police to show up she took it upon herself to tell other park visitors to stay away because there was a guy with a gun.
I would have been very happy to get a warning that someone had a gun in a playground with children - particularly given what it said on his shirt.

I know you gun worshippers think it's perfectly fine but there are many reasonable people who do not and would prefer to avoid someone who felt the need to bring a gun to such an inappropriate place for one and would be quite happy to get the warning and know to stay away from him.

Old 04-20-2018, 12:39 PM

34,149 posts, read 18,412,143 times
Quote:
I would have been very happy to get a warning that someone had a gun in a playground with children - particularly given what it said on his shirt.

I know you gun worshippers think it's perfectly fine but there are many reasonable people who do not and would prefer to avoid someone who felt the need to bring a gun to such an inappropriate place for one and would be quite happy to get the warning and know to stay away from him.
That attitude is now becoming pervasive on the Front Range, but thankfully not much elsewhere in Colorado. Are you a California transplant? Irrational fear of guns is well.....irrational.

Last edited by Pilot1; 04-20-2018 at 12:54 PM..

Old 04-20-2018, 12:44 PM

11,078 posts, read 10,638,945 times
Quote:

His shirt blatantly said that he would control his guns. Nothing threatening about that. In fact, that's pretty much what is expected from law abiding gun owners.

Reasonable people make a determination based on observation of behavior, not on wardrobe.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:05 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,907,643 times
Quote:
Reasonable people make a determination based on observation of behavior, not on wardrobe.
*emphasis mine
Good to know

Quote:
^^ This.

Just like everyone else, the first thing I notice when I see someone is the color of their skin. However, that doesn't influence my judgement of them nearly as much as things like dress, attitude, and demeanor. If you walk in wearing your pants hanging down around your knees with a bunch of bling in your mouth, I classify you as an idiot - no matter what your skin color is. On the other hand, if you present yourself as someone who knows what a belt is and speak a language that can at least reasonably pass as English I'm likely to at least carry on a conversation with you.
Never ****ing fails

Old 04-20-2018, 01:24 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,072,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
*emphasis mine
Good to know

Never ****ing fails
oh dear, I think that burn is going to leave a mark.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:41 PM

50,105 posts, read 46,689,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
That attitude is now becoming pervasive on the Front Range, but thankfully not much elsewhere in Colorado. Are you a California transplant? Irrational fear of guns is well.....irrational.
Denver is now worse than most of CA with all the CA transplants. But CA is the same way. You get away from the beachy liberal areas and it's pretty gun friendly. Typical of the types that move to a place like Denver and want to turn it into San Fran.

If those types only knew how many people open carry just outside of Denver city limits and how many concealed carry in city limits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies